Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Gracemagg

#thechewscorner @ Punggol Waves

Sorry for the lack of updates as I was out of town.

Here are the renovation progress as of today:

1. Tiling for Wet Area @ Service Yard is done

9608949880_53f1793ca8_z.jpg

2. Overlaying of tiles @ both Common and Master Bedroom Toilet are done.

9605718985_30346e8845_z.jpg

3. Tiles @ Main Door ramp are done.

9608950240_7f00cffa5e_z.jpg

4. Brick wall done. (Really love the color of it!)

9608949580_ff4e453a97_z.jpg

5. Laminates for Shoe Cabinet, TV Console, Vanity Top, Wardrobe - chosen!

9605717843_e1ca64c830_z.jpg

What's up next week?

1. Painting

2. Installation of Shower Screen

3. Installation of Air-Con.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

why is there a need to overlay tiles in the service yad?

Cos Hubby want to have a wet area to wash dirty stuff e.g. his gadget etc.

Where is the partition in the living room? What materials are used for the partition? Can show the picture of the partition?

The partition is to make flat the recessed area in the living room. Contractor used Gypsum board. Sorry got no pics :(

actually the red brick wall looks very good with cement screed flooring.... :thumbs up: *contemplating*

but for the cosy home feeling, wood looking floor is essential....

Haha thanks. Yea I'm getting vinyl wood flooring.

Do you mind sharing some knowledge about vinyl flooring?

there are so many types of flooring out there....

if i want the woody look, im most likely gonna go for the wood looking tiles (but they are expensive to lay and doesnt look as good as Vinyl,Laminates, Engineered wood, HERF etc)

Is Vinyl flooring water proof enough to not cause problems if i mop my floor, or spill water on the floor unknowningly and left it to dry?

I understand that Vinyl flooring is slight more expensive then laminates, but alot cheaper then laying tiles...

Do you mind sharing some knowledge about vinyl flooring?

there are so many types of flooring out there....

if i want the woody look, im most likely gonna go for the wood looking tiles (but they are expensive to lay and doesnt look as good as Vinyl,Laminates, Engineered wood, HERF etc)

Is Vinyl flooring water proof enough to not cause problems if i mop my floor, or spill water on the floor unknowningly and left it to dry?

I understand that Vinyl flooring is slight more expensive then laminates, but alot cheaper then laying tiles...

Hmm to be honest, I didn't research much about flooring.

I actually wanted HERF laminates cos I heard that it is waterproof, heat-resistant etc.

But my contractor introduced vinyl flooring cos of its waterproof properties too.

He did however, highlight the following:

- Vinyl feels a bit harder than laminates when you walk on it

- Vinyl has the more wooden grain feeling you walk on it; not like laminates which look like wood but doesn't feel like you are walking on wooden flooring

I also did consider wood tiles but Hubby doesn't like the idea of the tile grouting getting dirty.

Went to Hafary to look and other tiles and realised what hubby meant. Yes it looks like wood from afar but when you walk on it, it is very obvious that it is a tile and it just looks "off"

So with all these in mind, I chose Vinyl flooring lor.

i see, heard that there's a difference between Vinyl and HERF.... something to do with rubber properties that's in Vinyl flooring thats bad for health etc....you might want to double check...

i see, heard that there's a difference between Vinyl and HERF.... something to do with rubber properties that's in Vinyl flooring thats bad for health etc....you might want to double check...

Ya I heard about it but frankly, am not bothered somehow. All

I want is a woody textured flooring and the closest fit is vinyl.

Well, the comfort for myself regarding the health issue from vinyl flooring would be that I won't be staying in this flat forever. If I'm meant to "go" at a certain time, I will "go" #ifyouknowwhatimean :)

HERF is really just a type of vinyl. It's just marketed and positioned to make it sound better.

That's why the Evorich chaps won't call it vinyl ever. heh

Laminates, on the other hand, are definitely not vinyl or HERF.

Ya I heard about it but frankly, am not bothered somehow. All

I want is a woody textured flooring and the closest fit is vinyl.

Well, the comfort for myself regarding the health issue from vinyl flooring would be that I won't be staying in this flat forever. If I'm meant to "go" at a certain time, I will "go" #ifyouknowwhatimean :)

LoL.. i know what ya mean *wink*

Im not sure how much you were quoted for Vinyl flooring... but if its close to HERF, might as well right... for the peace in the mind...

I was quoted $7.50psf for HERF...crasy price!!! so much more than what i heard from other forums....

HERF is really just a type of vinyl. It's just marketed and positioned to make it sound better.

That's why the Evorich chaps won't call it vinyl ever. heh

Laminates, on the other hand, are definitely not vinyl or HERF.

hmmm... not sure though...Evorich has Vinyl range and also HERF range....will be weird if they are the same but priced and named differently in under the same company eh?

ah!!! i know what's the difference liao.... both are vinyl....

Quoted from the Evorich website:

" Vinyl flooring, together with linoleum flooring are the first few Eco friendly resilient floorings in the market which is going to last for centuries to come. However today, high end resilient flooring (HERF) which is made up of 100% pure virgin vinyl pulp is taking over the conventional vinyl flooring with new technology and glueless installation system."

But also note that:

1) Flooring Installation differs

Before installing conventional vinyl flooring, you need a perfect level ground surface. Unevenness will cause the vinyl floor to be unbalanced. On the other hand, high end resilient floor can be installed on uneven ground. Due to its rubberistic feature, any unevenness on the ground are insulated completely.

2) No Glue Approach

Other than that, vinyl flooring installation requires glue-down approach. That means you'll need to use lots of glue to install vinyl floor and it will make the entire flooring looks pretty messy and "un-environmentally friendly." High End resilient flooring uses the "click and lock" system to install. Totally 'glueless.'

3) Limited Designs & Colours

Vinyl floor has limited designs and colours for residential usage as its common uses is mostly in commercial areas such as hospitals and factories. As for high end resilient flooring, whether you are a residential or commercial property owner, there is still a wide variety of designs and colours for you to choose from.

4) Vinyl Floor Looks Very Plastic

Conventional vinyl flooring has an artificial plastic look; it does not give a tough wooden look and wooden feel at all. High end resilient flooring, on the other hand, looks and feels like real wood. Furthermore, it is not easy to tell from the 'naked' eye.

Edited by PTopaz

:)

Ya there are lots of other vinyl products that are similar as Allure which is the HERF product that Evorich sells i.e. click and lock and glueless

If you google Allure, you will be kinda shocked how cheap it is in the US...

ah!!! i know what's the difference liao.... both are vinyl....

Quoted from the Evorich website:

" Vinyl flooring, together with linoleum flooring are the first few Eco friendly resilient floorings in the market which is going to last for centuries to come. However today, high end resilient flooring (HERF) which is made up of 100% pure virgin vinyl pulp is taking over the conventional vinyl flooring with new technology and glueless installation system."

But also note that:

1) Flooring Installation differs

Before installing conventional vinyl flooring, you need a perfect level ground surface. Unevenness will cause the vinyl floor to be unbalanced. On the other hand, high end resilient floor can be installed on uneven ground. Due to its rubberistic feature, any unevenness on the ground are insulated completely.

2) No Glue Approach

Other than that, vinyl flooring installation requires glue-down approach. That means you'll need to use lots of glue to install vinyl floor and it will make the entire flooring looks pretty messy and "un-environmentally friendly." High End resilient flooring uses the "click and lock" system to install. Totally 'glueless.'

3) Limited Designs & Colours

Vinyl floor has limited designs and colours for residential usage as its common uses is mostly in commercial areas such as hospitals and factories. As for high end resilient flooring, whether you are a residential or commercial property owner, there is still a wide variety of designs and colours for you to choose from.

4) Vinyl Floor Looks Very Plastic

Conventional vinyl flooring has an artificial plastic look; it does not give a tough wooden look and wooden feel at all. High end resilient flooring, on the other hand, looks and feels like real wood. Furthermore, it is not easy to tell from the 'naked' eye.