Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pills

Eastern 2Bdr Home Built On Love, Woody Style

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Harriette,

PM you on the painter contacts already. The dining table was low $1000 and fitted our budget really well. So hard to find a teak table below $1500 and at the right size. But this was after 20% discount 'coz it was GSS then.

BTW, we spoilt the dining table a little last weekend. Left something sticky behind dunno when and when we removed it, the coating came off. It's about the size of a 5 cent coin. Journey East peeps said we can arrange for someone to come repair it and we'll do that. After using the table for a while. Dunno how more careless we'll be so test test first.

;)

This is my 2nd set curtain colour. It's finally a black out one and we asked them to amend the length such that it's long enough to block out the sunlight.

IMG_20130823_134129_zps90c8a4bf.jpg

Study room one is coming tomorrow. Yippee!! And they're going to steam the living room one too.

Edited by pills

My study room curtains are finally up and correctly done.

They made a mistake with the previous one, gave me the wrong shade such that my study room appeared greenish yellow and pukish to me. I chose grey and they gave the wrong colour. After which, they called and said the material is no longer in stock. Which wasn't a bad thing at all coz I changed my mind about the colour and wanted a sheer dreamy look for my windows. This room is a little dark and a dreamy lighter feel for curtin would be a better choice, rather than the originally chosen grey and heavier one.

222_zps28f5b963.jpg

I wanted to use the cream colour curtains for my living room as I wanted a cream and blur living room but decided to go with the Khaki/neutral shade for living room instead as it was such a big risk for me. I didn't want to risk the living room curtains blending in with the walls in cotton white colour.

So.. it as a mistake to my advantage. I chose this creamy white flowy curtains for my study room after told the previously chosen material was no longer in stock and it did give the dreamy feel.

333_zpsf30e3dd8.jpg

Moreover, the pale shade illuminates the room, making it brighter throughout in the daytime! =)

My Armchair has finally arrived.

IMG_20130902_150503_zpsb100cb83.jpg

And this is my living room minus the TV console and TV and wall accessories for now.

20130831_193734_zps2a3471c5.jpg

We went to IKEA and changed the ottoman cover as the previous blue with flower ones clashed with the overall look. While there, we got ourselves a cute light blue lampshade for our lamp.

Edited by pills

Thank you, we planned for the living room to be neutral and light blue initially but the accent came out darker coz it was hard to find the right pieces. Going to buy our blue cushions from Taobao now to get the right shade.

Franc Franc matching TV console was delivered today and we're waiting for the TV to b sent this Wed. Fiance went to buy the latest Samsung Smart TV instead.

IMG_20130902_133233_zpsec7d8da4.jpg

Going to add posters to the wall above TV so that it won't look so empty.

Did some minimalistic movie posters the weekend with fiancé. So happy with the outcome. We designed and printed and framed 3 up. Our fav movies.

IMG_20130915_115904_zpse799cc56.jpg

IMG_20130915_120114_zps2406026f.jpg

IMG_20130915_120200_zps19831972.jpg

Edited by pills

Hi pills,

Can I also have ur painter's contact? I am getting me new unit in the east too and from ur pics, I reckon it is close to ur place. Mine is near kembangan /telok kurau. Me not doing major Reno so want to save cost and get direct painter contact. Appreciate if u could help. Thanks!

can recommend your painter's contact?

Hi pills,

Sorry my msg got embedded I previous post. Could I have the contact for the painter cos mine is a new apartment by near yours I think and I am doing only minor Reno.

Thanks!

really like the posters. very nice take on the art.

i didn't get the last one though - clockwork orange, pulp fiction and...?

Did some minimalistic movie posters the weekend with fiancé. So happy with the outcome. We designed and printed and framed 3 up. Our fav movies.

IMG_20130915_115904_zpse799cc56.jpg

IMG_20130915_120114_zps2406026f.jpg

IMG_20130915_120200_zps19831972.jpg