Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pills

Eastern 2Bdr Home Built On Love, Woody Style

Hey thank you! looks like we have the same taste, The last one is Shawshank Redemption, it's a little abstract to me and I think the lines aren't thick enough.Supposed to have a circle behind the folded "poster but the reflection makes it hard to spot it. Haha...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Guest our-home

Yeah!! Any pics to show? Will show mine soon.

I also got a Joven 38l energy saving heater at $295. Installing for $250 with ny old 75l water heater to be removed at the same time. If false ceiling beeds to be hacked. It'll cost us $450 instead for the job.

Spending more... :/

Hi pills

My hubby saw your blog while looking for a painter as we're thinking of minor reno in our 2+1 condo apt soon. May I have the freelance painter's contact and estimate cost for painting? Also Hau Hau's cost for resanding + revarnishing (matt) for 2 bedrooms? Thanks.

Just to share : We changed/removed the original Ariston storage water heaters in the master bathroom (50 l coz of bathtub), common bathroom (30 l) and kitchen (15 l). Generally, the pipes got rusty - part where it joined to the storage heaters - about 10-14 yrs on. We removed the bathtub and later changed to the smaller 25 l Joven storage water heater. Earlier this year, changed the common bathroom heater to a 25 l one too. We removed the kitchen storage water heater, didn't replace coz don't use anyway, as it started leaking and damaged the false ceiling.

In our bathrooms and kitchen, there are already covered "cut-outs" in the false ceilings for us to open to check pipes, turn off water valves, etc. Previously when we had the 50 l storage heater removed, there was no need to cut the false ceiling and make good later as the "cut-out" was big enough.

A couple of months ago, the unit upstairs had a choked floor trap and their plumber had to clear it from our unit. The "cut-out" came in handy again.

I've sent you the contacts already. For parquet, you need to ask them down to access. Our house parquet was pretty new and I tink it didn't cost that much coz the condition was excellent except for 1 small area that prob got a little damaged by water.

And yes, it was weird that our false ceiling cut out cannot remove the ultra big 75l tank of ours, hence, we decided to leave the faulty tank above. Hahaa...

So, you had your neighbor pay for your cut out in the kitchen in a way right? Lucky you!

Guest our-home

Thanks for the info and contacts.

Yep, my neighbour paid for the repairs. The management office staff were the go-between to arrange for the repairs.

Enjoy your new home. And thanks again!

Hi pills, can you share with me the taobao link for your labware bottle lights? The quality of yours looks good. Some of the links doesn't show the picture of the actual product so I cant really determine the looks of it.

Thanks for your help! :)

busylistening: The labware lights link is: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=19376636424

juxstapose: I got my blue chair from Comfort Furniture and it's the cheapest I found so far. I think it may be a little smaller than the original.

Hhhmmm.... how to maintain? I haven't think of that yet. Febreeze? No kids at home so it's so far so good for all our furniture.

The material isn't that hot as wool as well. We searched high and low for a non-wool material.

i'm planning to stop doing up the house until after my wedding. Too many things on hand now. Heheh...

More of my Taobao loots:

Sofa bed with a sofa throw made of bamboo and cotton:

20131010_112511_zps82fedc0b.jpg

The blue cushions on the left are from another website and the bubble wrap thingy is....

IMG_20131010_113006_zps4e169106.jpg

Quite disappointing coz I don't think it is well made. I use it to store my coins at the entrance.

And we got 2 more nice blue cushions that's made of a really comfy material:

1_zps577d7a7d.jpg

Edited by pills

More of my Taobao loots:

Sofa bed with a sofa throw made of bamboo and cotton:

20131010_112511_zps82fedc0b.jpg

And we got 2 more nice blue cushions that's made of a really comfy material:

1_zps577d7a7d.jpg

Nice sofa bed and love the blue cushion! Mind to share the link? Thanks!

Edited by diginewb

The cushion cover is good and made with a soft comfy material.

Sofa bed is so so but good enough for its price. It as lower than I expected but at least it doesn't cramp up the room.

The cushion cover is good and made with a soft comfy material.

Sofa bed is so so but good enough for its price. It as lower than I expected but at least it doesn't cramp up the room.

Glad to know that and thanks for the info provided! :)