Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pills

Eastern 2Bdr Home Built On Love, Woody Style

Got the lights form Taobao yesterday. Finally!! The were well packed with wooden plank/strips outside to ensure the boxes don't get crushed.

Here are the lights which would be installed tomorrow morning! =)

A set of 3 with black long beam/holder.

20130802_080459_resized_zps4507a381.jpg

Hi can share the link to the seller? Impressed to see the solid packaging !!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

We then went to "Like That One" at Bukit Batok and chanced upon this gorgeous mid century mobile bar. We were a little impressed with it at first glance. The maple wood grain on the front was gorgeous. It can hold 3 wine bottles and wine glasses behind the front panel.

Then when the staff came round and showed us the secret compartment, we were blown away. I fell in love right at that moment and so did my fiance. The pricing held us back a little and we lingered for some time there, enjoying the pieces and the good coffee.

20130810_153207_zps39912f24.jpg

When we first saw it, we wanted it as a console table for our entryway and it is indeed now our console table!

20130810_181943_zps165b4cd0.jpg

This is now my favourite piece at home. Like That One was also giving out the big cushion for free if you spend a certain amount and fiance chose a 69 one made of canvas and leather. It is now our "stool" for shoe wearing. We thought we needed to spend more time looking for it but here it is. Totally unexpected and free!

There'll be so much accessorizing to do. On this wall and also the others. BTW, my 2 Simpson paintings are just sitting there temporarily. There'll be up on the wall eventually.

**really having probs with photobucket in rotating pics. The pic shows that it is upright in there but turns out all weird here... :(

I realized u bought the mobile bar from likethatone! We saw that piece too and it's really beautiful, we just couldn't figure where to place it and the price did set us back quite a bit. I'm glad u got it, it's a very intriguing piece and fits nicely in ur place! :)

Oh yes oldskool, it was one of those moments when we fell in love with something that we think we shouldn't have. It was like "Oh no! Why did we have to fall in love with it?" Haha...

It took us a while to make up our mind and pricing was the only factor holding us back. In the end, I told fiance to that it as an early Christmas gift for each other so we won't feel bad. No need for gifting this year and I am so much happier with this piece. It has character! =)

Edited by pills

Meridien Curtains came and adjusted our living room curtains higher up last night. Didn't know we can adjust using the plastic hooks. We didn't want it touching the floor for the living room. I really love these curtains and the way the material flows, the material is kinda soft and not that heavy kind, unlike both our bedrooms.

111_zps849d6b96.gif

The 1st colour, ivory, for our MBR was too light and a little too short. Even though it was supposedly able to block out somewhat like black out curtains, we wake early every morning. Moreover, the colour didn't suit my dark purple bedsheets as well. So we made a darker taupe colour curtains which came a tad too short. We're still waiting for the 2nd taupe set to be sent over.

IMG-20130730-WA0001_zpsff35dc79.jpg

Too bad the colour is beginning to grow on me but it's still too light for sleeping in on a lazy weekend.

As for our study room, wrong colour was produced by the factory so they have to remake.

Seems like our curtains are taking about a month to be fixed! :jawdrop:

Edited by pills

Initially i wanted to purchase some lights from tbao and ceiling fans from Malaysia but was set back regarding insurance issue.

If fire break out was cause by those overseas item, house insurance will not cover.

Yup, take it as taking a risk lor. But I see that the lights are really well packaged, so maybe you can place your bet with those with diamonds an crowns instead? :thumbs up:

Edited by pills

Anyone knows where to get 2 seater sofa bed that is sturdy when converted into a bed?

Meaning not just tilted up and then open kind?

We didn't like ikea ones.

Edited by pills

Fiance spent whole day building my IKEA dresser and we also got a clock from Molecule.

The outlet at Orchard Central has a lot of clocks and for every $150 spent now, you can get $48 off for the National Day promo. This meant that we got $96 for our made in Italy clock.

1_zps3d57eabe.jpg

And we realised that the outer rim is written Rome when we placed it up. So it's more of an aesthetic piece rather than a true time piece telling the timing of other countries printed on it in respect to local time here.. We're loving it coz the glass finishing and the steel is really pretty. Made of good quality material and is really heavy.

Heater got repaired with our new Joven J38 and now we finally have hot water in the MBR too.

Bit by bit til Nov, everything is falling into place. :wub::wub:

One bad thing is our Commune sofa started creaking. :jawdrop::jawdrop: Gonna call them up tomorrow.

Anyway, the curtain is another issue which I'll share another time. MBR finally got he new Taupe shade of curtains. I'll try to snap a pic next week. ;)

Edited by pills

Fiance spent whole day building my IKEA dresser and we also got a clock from Molecule.

The outlet at Orchard Central has a lot of clocks and for every $150 spent now, you can get $48 off for the National Day promo. This meant that we got $96 for our made in Italy clock.

1_zps3d57eabe.jpg

And we realised that the outer rim is written Rome when we placed it up. So it's more of an aesthetic piece rather than a true time piece telling the timing of other countries printed on it in respect to local time here.. We're loving it coz the glass finishing and the steel is really pretty. Made of good quality material and is really heavy.

Heater got repaired with our new Joven J38 and now we finally have hot water in the MBR too.

Bit by bit til Nov, everything is falling into place. :wub::wub:

One bad thing is our Commune sofa started creaking. :jawdrop::jawdrop: Gonna call them up tomorrow.

Anyway, the curtain is another issue which I'll share another time. MBR finally got he new Taupe shade of curtains. I'll try to snap a pic next week. ;)

hey pills

are those paintings of homer and marge? i cant see really clear from the pic.

if they are where did you get them from? :)

cheers!

Hihi,

Yes, those are Simpson painting that I got from Prague.

They look like these:

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/giodinu/tags/prague/

http://www.limpfish.com/pics/marge_simpson

It's from famous paintings of Vincent Van Gogh's self portrait and Vermeer's Girl with A Pearl Earring. Hehe.. makes the both of us chuckles.

Edited by pills

Commune inspected our sofa and said to bring back to repair but I find it so unacceptable. We hardly sat on it and it's squeaking, it's obviously a defected piece! Less than a month old somemore. :furious:

See what they'll say when they call me again tomorrow. I hope.

Hope the buttons don't pop out. I read that happened to a few owners heh

Commune inspected our sofa and said to bring back to repair but I find it so unacceptable. We hardly sat on it and it's squeaking, it's obviously a defected piece! Less than a month old somemore. :furious:

See what they'll say when they call me again tomorrow. I hope.

We went EJ at AMK again to buy some stuff.

Got this super cheap cordless iron at $19, Hitachi CSI58EXS.

Also, got the following too:

Sharp Microwave R899RS $350

Toshiba TV 50" LED 50L2330 $1099, running a discount at EJ and though review isn't all the fantastic, we thought it's value and got this smart TV anyway.

Samsung Sound system F751 $749, think we didn't save much for this but was recommended it and when we did a quick online review search, 5 stars, so decided on the spot and didn't bargain. Thinking back, I should have. Hehe...

Now, left the Commune sofa thingy to settle. :(

Edited by pills

Hope the buttons don't pop out. I read that happened to a few owners heh

OMG, so their quality is actually not that good? The pricing is not that low also for this kinda quality. So disappointed with it.

I hope their CS will at least be good then. 8|

Edited by pills