Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pills

Eastern 2Bdr Home Built On Love, Woody Style

Next up was re-varnishing of the parquet by Hau Hau parquet. I got the contacts from renotalk. My parquet was in a good condition except for a small area n MBR about 10cm by 10cm. I think it got wet. Will post the results after the varnish dries.

20130719_135121_zps2f695304.jpg

They did up the job fast in about 1.5 hrs with 1 men each in the 2 rooms.

Only 1 coat of matt oil varnish. Is 1 coat good enough??

20130719_152608_zpsc75a9c09.jpg

It was really smelly. Toxic fume and they left the doors closed. Said we can only enter tomorrow morning.

Edited by pills

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

We also did up the store shelving today and this is the uncompleted one. The base is all cherry wood grain MDF and frame is aluminium. Will try to remember to take a completed picture the next round to add to this post.

20130719_154624_zpsdd3d2fce.jpg

20130719_162815_zps85334491.jpg

We got this one from http://www.racksingapore.com/

SRL1512 (1500 + 1180) x 460 x 2000

$355

He finished fixing it in about half an hour. Chop chop! Liking our storage space. I'm very KS, I don't ant to run out of storag space. Eve though there's only 2 of us, I'm afraid we won't have enough space. Moreover, I work from home. A lot of barang barang.

Edited by pills

Then we went to the famous electrical shop in AMK and got 3 appliances that we didn't do research on! OMG...

20130719_192428_zps751147a5.jpg

Very old school right? Went in at 7.30pm and came out with 3 appliances that we didn't plan for. We wanted LG at first and Rowenta vacuum cleaner.

We went to HN and Best before heading down but the shop assistant told us made in Thailand better than made in China so we got ourselves this Hitachi fridge
R-WB480 @ $1152.

http://www.hitachi.ae/eng/products/consumer/products/refrigerators/rwb480.html

Don't even know the price out there. Anyone knows?

We got the Samsung washer at WF8692 $439 coz it was cheap and we wanted a basic one. We wanted LG initially but he said Samsung is better. So.. well, see our luck.

The quite cool looking vacuum Cleaner is Hitachi too: CV-SH20V @ $245. Called Cyclone and will suck dust up into a ball. No need to change filter. Yeah!

20130719_195951_zps2b8dc55e.jpg

Recommended by him.

Both of us don't have much feelings and thoughts on electrical appliances. Can last and save energy can already, so we went with recommendations and not much input. Haha,,,

BTW, they only accept cash. Or cheques but the cheques have to clear before delivery.

Edited by pills

The parquet varnish has dried and the "damaged" area is restored. This corner of the MBR below was whitish and pale initially. I think rain water must have gotten in. But after Friday's re-varnishing, it looks like the rest of the area now.

IMG-20130720-WA0005_zps08dcd8f7.jpg

Hoping that the parquet floor will last in this good condition for many years to come. We decided to keep to matt finishing.

IMG-20130720-WA0002_zpsa8ed96a5.jpg

Edited by pills

We also did up the store shelving today and this is the uncompleted one. The base is all cherry wood grain MDF and frame is aluminium. Will try to remember to take a completed picture the next round to add to this post.

20130719_154624_zpsdd3d2fce.jpg

20130719_162815_zps85334491.jpg

We got this one from http://www.racksingapore.com/

SRL1512 (1500 + 1180) x 460 x 2000

$355

He finished fixing it in about half an hour. Chop chop! Liking our storage space. I'm very KS, I don't ant to run out of storag space. Eve though there's only 2 of us, I'm afraid we won't have enough space. Moreover, I work from home. A lot of barang barang.

Hi Congrats to all you progress on renovation!

Btw I am also interested in getting the storeroom racks from Racksingapore as well. I have been to their show room before. The racks indeed looks so much sleeker, but it seems to be less sturdy as compared to the more conventional kind as well. I am a little bit concern about the joints being strong enough as well, especially when we load lots of stuffs up the racks.

Can you share with me your experience with the racks thus far? Do you think it is strong and sturdy enough after loading it up with stuffs?

Many thanks for your help!

Such a tiring day for me. I will post more pics soon.

Cleaned up the house with the help of a cleaner and had a few deliveries sent. Washing machine, washer, vacuum cleaner, clothes hanging system, redmart, bedframe and my tempur mattress with the pillows. Then went to change lock and shopped for taps for kitchen and common bathroom.Ended the day with curtain making.

Almost dropped dead.

Btw, I'll need to change 1 kitchen tap, 2 plastic water trapper below the sink. All these in kitchen. Then, 1 metal water trapper in common bathroom and 1 of the metal part in the middle of sink. Was quoted 95. Is this the normal price?

I didn't take many pics yesterday as I was rather busy. Here's the bed frame after it as set up.

20130723_135628_zpsaf3a5a6d.jpg

The bedframe without sharp edges so we won't bang our knees Our mattress edge will be the edge in fact.

Here it is with the Tempur Rhapsody Mattress. 1 wrong pillow was delivered but I decided to change it myself at Marina Square so it'll be faster.

20130723_145128_zpsd9a9a4be.jpg

The messy bed for now with unironed sheets. Waned to test t the room colour to make curtains to match. We realised the lighter board shade can be seen from the doorway and decided to lacquer it. I think it's gonna be tiring to shift the heavy mattress around....

20130723_204357_zpsc8bdaa3b.jpg

The people from Fantasy Beds were very friendly nd even stayed back a little to teach me how to take care of the bed to make it last longer.

At the end of the day, they gave me the bottle of honey below was a gift to welcome me into my new house.How cute!

20130723_135648_zpsbfbf8d1a.jpg

Edited by pills

The laundry system guy also came for installation and after opting for the extended pole, I still find the hanger high at around my eye level Have to top up another $100 to custom make the system to drop to my waist level. So... I'm just going to try this out first but I think it's so not enjoyable to hang clothes now. I like to wash and hang clothes, my fav household chore. Hehe...

20130723_142521_zps83e91656.jpg

Edited by pills

More furniture delivered yesterday.

I got my sofa from Commune:

20130730_153131_zpsc49064c7.jpg

They're really professional and even had a feedback forms for delivery. so happy that i can lie across fully. We're going to add a cream carpet to the area in front and have an blue Ottoman.

My initial plans for living room is cream and light blue but it's so hard to find light blue furniture in Singapore so it has now become neutral/beigey with blue instead.