Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
steventay

Pole System Walkin Wardrobe

although i have sliding door for my pole system.....

but i did not closed up at all. so troubleson to slid open & Closed :)

More for lazy me... otherwise dust gets in and i'm the one wiping. 8|

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hmm...We have an L-shaped walk-in wardrobe in our new home too but not the pole system kind...our contractor did it by carpentry....

:notti:

can take photo?

I have visited Lumiera, Closet Design, Alumix and Cupboards. Luckily went alone, so no pushy sales man

to ask me to sign package...hehe..beydey that i need to discuss with hubby.

Closet Design - very asethetics. for 14ft est 4.2m, $4300, non-pole sys, unlimited shelving. For pole system $4600, 14 shelving, 6 drawers, and 2 those mini pigeon holes in drawers tingy to put tie or socks.

Cupboards - 3.2m (10ft), $3850, pole system, 5 poles, 5 hangers pole, 2 drawers,

Lumiera - one of the forummer club 101 installing, 18ft, 4k!! 10 year warranty, non-pole system.

alumix - same as 10ft $3.2k ++, asethetics too

I like the sliding door of Cupboards, smooth, quiet and heavy. it has a broad metal fram behind each door to prevent shakeyness. But expensive, maybe cost it is branded???

Lumiera wardrobe are non-asethetics, cant have half wood laminate, half glass. All are FULL glass, mirror or something else. But the sliding track is good. The sliding door does not jus meet at a partition wall acting as stopper, but it is ending IN a track similar to the top track, to keep the door, hence, no dust, no furry stick-on at the end of the door.

seems that cheapest is Lumiera if going for non-pole system. But the salesguy did says that it is also moveable if i shift house next time.

Will go with hubby to see lumiera at The Plaza, Beach Road again.

one more place to see built in wardrobe is classic kitchen at tanjong katong complex

they've got really good carpenters though price is on the high side

was really tempted to get my kitchen cabinets from them but decided to let my contractor do it coz they don't do masonry works :D

I went to classic kitchen to look see last nite. Me and hubby like the place, quality, varieties of laminates. For those old school swing door wardrobe..it is $265 per foot run (excl GST). If sliding door, non-pool system, $365 per foot run (excl GST). They only give 3 drawers, unlimited hanging pools and shelving. Similar to closet design.

the sliding door dun have bottom track. Sort of clasp top and bottom to slide. They said they been there for more than 20years...not sure how true....

Said theirs is solid wood too...not those compressed wood chips.

anyone got good review about this??

no experience on others but i would definitely rule out ALUMIX cos the workmanship is really really really atrocious (terrible word is too mild and kind)...of course can have them rectify but its just too many and too time consuming. not to mention each rectification insures addtional damage upon return. this excludes the other damage to your property too.

however, the installers attitude is good, this i cannot discredit them.

i jus leave and let live leow :(

no experience on others but i would definitely rule out ALUMIX cos the workmanship is really really really atrocious (terrible word is too mild and kind)...of course can have them rectify but its just too many and too time consuming. not to mention each rectification insures addtional damage upon return. this excludes the other damage to your property too.

however, the installers attitude is good, this i cannot discredit them.

i jus leave and let live leow :(

Care to explain more Deep? I'm interested in getting the pole system from Alumix too. How bad is the workmanship?

workmanship is bad:

1. the surfaces were scratched (note - its surfaces not surface) - noticed during re-installation but decided to not pursue further as they already made 3 trips for 1 silly installation for their screw ups

2. bottom brackets were not properly tightened (note - its brackets not bracket) - only found out when we started to place stuffs on shelve and shelves tilted

3. shelves were not properly tightened (note - its shelves not shelf) - only found out when we started to place stuffs on shelve and shelves start to tilt

4. corners were knocked and touched up with marker (only found out after moving in)

5. drawer screws were not properly tightened and aluminum edge sharp like knife (only found out when we moved in and attempt to use)

6. installation sucks because:

a. alot of markings on the wall but exact mounting location had to be offset

b. parquet floor were scratched during the installation and i mean deep scratch

given the option to turn back the clock, even if they were to offer the product to me at 50% of what I had paid, i would not even go close to them, its a total turn off.

i jus do not wan to go to the extent of taking pixs and posting them online.

hi!me from TH,u 2 ya! may i noe whr u get ur alumix? hw much? its e quality bad or bad installation? cos my fren used for yrs still ok leh. . . me jux paid deposit on e system. . . hmmm...