Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MonsterBeng

This Is Home.... 3Rm Resale @ Jurong East

Make it three.

And that is big!

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to renotalk.

Paiseh Beng, hijack ur blog for a while..

Hi dexufto, I've been a great follower of ur blog (though I've remained quiet throughout :P).. Thanks for compiling the list of 3-roomers' in ur blog! It has definitely provided me a great ave to ideas & experiences of fellow 3-roomers when I did up my own reno slightly >1 yr ago.. :)

How time flies, 3 years liao for u! Time to do a facelift? Kekeke! :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Ur mbr maichiam like hotel deluxe room...envy...

Hahaha... the size of a hotel deluxe room? If only I had the extra cash to make it really look like one.

Started my sourcing of ID/contractor on last Sunday at Tradehub21, and i only have one conclusion: NOT CHEAP! :(

Need some comments from you guys here:

(1) Would you mind reusing the built in wardrobe left behind by previous owner (especially when the unit has been tenanted out 2-3 times)??

(2) If the air con units left behind by previous owner are working fine, but very yellowish in color, would you mind keeping them?

:P

Hahaha... the size of a hotel deluxe room? If only I had the extra cash to make it really look like one.

Started my sourcing of ID/contractor on last Sunday at Tradehub21, and i only have one conclusion: NOT CHEAP! :(

(1) Would you mind reusing the built in wardrobe left behind by previous owner (especially when the unit has been tenanted out 2-3 times)??

(2) If the air con units left behind by previous owner are working fine, but very yellowish in color, would you mind keeping them?

i think the wardrobe are still ok, then no need to change. I re-use the wardrobe left behind for almost 10 years ! but the time has come for me to retire them and make new ones. they are really expensive to make.

ditto for the aircon. if still functional, then leave it. unless you have the budget and cannot stand the yellowish, dated appearance.

haha..yaya I mean the size!

Ur 3 rm is 84sqm!!! mine is a tiny 74sqm! awww!!!

Waredrobe - I will reuse it.no harm unless the interior is reali cracking and mayb fall anytime....

Aircon - maybe look for professional cleaning svc and at the same time seek for opinion to "whiten" the exterior :)

So envious (jealous) of ur 84-sqm 3-rm.. compared to most of our 74-sqm.. or even smaller for some.. 好好利用 the space ba! :yamseng:

(1) I would probably re-use the wardrobe if it's still in gd condition. However, if the laminate/colour does not commensurate with the overall theme/color of ur rm, u may consider re-laminating it instead without having to hack & rebuild to save cost.. compare the costs la..

(2) I'm not so sure about re-using air-con & piping though, becos it is something with a life-span. And once u settle down, to change and re-pipe may be very messy..

[PS. can we change the air-con units (even to another brand/make) without touching the piping? asking jus in case i wish to chg my air-con some yrs down the road..]

Jus my 2-c worth.. :)

Edited by jus4fun

Thanks Makanology. I bought Jurong East because it is near to my family, so we could look out for each other. Hopefully the houses will appreciate due to the developments here.

This is a corner unit, and there is supposed to be additional space in between the 2 rooms, which the "soon to be" previous owner has hacked off to make the MBR bigger. She also sliced the kitchen into 2 to craft out a dining area and a mini kitchen. I intend to retain the structure. :)

hahaha we're going to be staying quite near each other! my new place is going to be at Jurong East too...

to be honest, I've stayed in the East all my life while my HTB has stayed in the West all of his life so someone has to compromise (especially when we can't afford a place in Central Singapore hahahahha)

Hopefully, the houses will really appreciate due to the developments in this area like you said.

Am looking forward to watching the magic unfold!

hahaha we're going to be staying quite near each other! my new place is going to be at Jurong East too...

to be honest, I've stayed in the East all my life while my HTB has stayed in the West all of his life so someone has to compromise (especially when we can't afford a place in Central Singapore hahahahha)

Hopefully, the houses will really appreciate due to the developments in this area like you said.

Am looking forward to watching the magic unfold!

Oh zihui which street will u be moving to? If you have been to Jem, there's quite a fair bit of shopping available there leh. Looking forward to Bigbox. :)

So envious (jealous) of ur 84-sqm 3-rm.. compared to most of our 74-sqm.. or even smaller for some.. 好好利用 the space ba! :yamseng:

(1) I would probably re-use the wardrobe if it's still in gd condition. However, if the laminate/colour does not commensurate with the overall theme/color of ur rm, u may consider re-laminating it instead without having to hack & rebuild to save cost.. compare the costs la..

(2) I'm not so sure about re-using air-con & piping though, becos it is something with a life-span. And once u settle down, to change and re-pipe may be very messy..

[PS. can we change the air-con units (even to another brand/make) without touching the piping? asking jus in case i wish to chg my air-con some yrs down the road..]

Jus my 2-c worth.. :)

Hmm... what's the typical lifespan of air con units ah? Anyone knows? I think the existing air con units in my upcoming house are at least 6 yrs old. If they are near to the end of their lifespan then I might as well change.

Oh oh, also want to ask owners who have ceiling fan with lights. Does the light give u the "flickering sensation" when u on the fan with the light??

Hmm... what's the typical lifespan of air con units ah? Anyone knows? I think the existing air con units in my upcoming house are at least 6 yrs old. If they are near to the end of their lifespan then I might as well change.

Oh oh, also want to ask owners who have ceiling fan with lights. Does the light give u the "flickering sensation" when u on the fan with the light??

my personal experience.. not at all! :)

mine is this type:

Fan-Bedroom_zps84eff9a1.jpg

Edited by jus4fun

Oh zihui which street will u be moving to? If you have been to Jem, there's quite a fair bit of shopping available there leh. Looking forward to Bigbox. :)

Unfortunately not anywhere near JEM hahahaha

but yeah, we've been to JEM

it really is the best heartland shopping mall in the west - by far. :thumbs up:

Went to the soon-to-be-mine unit to see what furniture I can buy over from the previous owner, and it seems like only the fridge is reusable. The rest of the furniture is either too broken, or doesn't meet my expectation. Going to just offer S$80 for the 2-door fridge... is that too much? If later found to be useless, i can just buy a new one to replace without feeling too much pain. :P

Then went to another renovation contractor nearby to have a chat, and was told that both of my bathrooms are too small to be installed with a shower screen. :(

Oh well..... looking forward to getting my keys so that i could get these contractors down to take measurement and give me some quotations to compare.

I wld say change the aircon now or else it will be troublesome to take out trunking etc.. And older model aircon not so energy efficient..