Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Pokz1981

Reno @ Kovan Maisonette

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Verve, I get from ASL power private limited. Think this coming IT show they might have booth setup, you can check. Thanks

Thank you babe!

Taobao purchases mainly for kitchen bathrooms. do not really have a specific theme in the new place. I like almost all i found in renotalk forum. Loft, vintage, modern. So specifically for kitchen bathroom, i try to make it vintage by using copper colours.

4t9y.jpg

s0q6.jpg

usgm.jpg

Industrial themed picture frames

gweu.jpg

Made orders for curtains yesterday, while delivery of kitchen appliances would be on Friday, together with wallpaper installation and installation of bathroom accessories would be on saturday. Magicseal measurements would be tomorrow, together with wardrobe payments and kitchen and bathroom top measurements.

I love your vintage bathroom accessories. May I know will copper rust in long run? I am still doing material selection for my house haha so quite inexperience as to what material to use for bathroom

Haha so the 'chilli paid' Vento Finto fan truly lives to its name ;)

Yeah, it really is. Surpisingly

I love your vintage bathroom accessories. May I know will copper rust in long run? I am still doing material selection for my house haha so quite inexperience as to what material to use for bathroom

Thanks Eminlove, i do not think it will rust as aircon ducting also uses copper tubing. I too started everything from scratch with no prior experience. But if you read more here and went around asking during shopping. You will learn alot.

wow.. all falling into place nicely. post more picts...

:good:

Thanks alfredt, will be posting more pics slightly later.

Met my ID at the house while I collected the my taobao lightings delivery. Below are the pics taken for the update prior to the start of the morning work.

Photos taken by ID.

Carpentry for balcony done up

420n.jpg

The tall ball wooden laminate for upper door has been changed to match but the top top lining is still yet to be done. Tiling is done for the backsplash too.The bi-fold door from living to balcony can also be spotted at the bottom right pic

0g05.jpg

All the backsplash are done in the kitchen but yet to be cleaned up yet. The black bifold door sits perfectly to the side. If aircon is needed in living room, all will be closed.

dtm6.jpg

Dish rack is not up yet for the island

vasb.jpg

Another view of kitchen below plus a view from living area of the ceiling. 2 Speakers are up for the back while the rest will be connected on tuesday to the amplifier in the front after shift-in. The centre pillar in the island will have the final carpentry to house 3 sliding glass panel. So with some adjustments the whole kitchen can be enclosed if needed during heavy cooking or if the air-con in living room is being turned on.

udk1.jpg

Tomorrow is wkend, there are still some stuffs which are not up yet. Perhaps mirror and paining of main door frame would be done tomorrow. Plus the delivery of my bedframe. Lightings for dining and master should have been installed as well. Small scare though as the bulb used fused with a small small explosion. Lukily it is not the feature lights, quite shocked initially thinking that perhaps the goods are inferior but thereafter when i brought the light adaptar to a light shop, it mention that one of the metal piece was not in place and perhaps was the reason that trigger it.

After the incident, i decided to change all the bulbs provided with LED lights purchase in singapore. Another reason for the change was that the bulbs provided were not energy saving and thus it feels really warm underneath it and touching the exterior surface. It has been a busy day for me, making sure installation are all in place, waited for my delivery from Originals furniture, which they delivered the ethnicrafts furniture late (something which i could have gone direct for purchase at a cheaper price). Worst thing is that the they scheduled for delivery at 1030-1230, no one came at 1238 after i have spent 2 hours around the house roaming up and down. I gave them a call and they say someone will revert back. In the end, someone did call back and says they were in town and is coming over now. In the end, they reach at 2pm :angry2:. I have no strength to complain since lunch was missed.

Eubiq installation was carried out in the afternoon too. I was not there to check the installation and hence no pics to show.

The black bi-fold door which can be open at the rightmost side or just simply open fully

a83i.jpg

Stairs with the lights on. Perhaps it would look better at night. Kinda plain over the walls but i have ordered 4 rolls of wall paper from TB to wrap the dining wall area to staircase to the living area of TV console place.

7ewa.jpg

Finally the first part of my furnitures delivery - My 2 shoerack

tf55.jpg

TV console for master br

mgh5.jpg

The 2m side cupboard which is nicely slotted beside the TV feature wall. Hopefully the wallpaper will provide a good contrast against the woody grains

jrxq.jpg

Hi Pockz,

Your idea for the sliding glass panel for the kitchen is similar to mine!

But mine is 1 fixed glass panel and 2 sliding glass panel of about 90 cm width each.

Do you mind sharing your sliding glass panel supplier and the cost for yours?

Mine is charging me $3600 for the panels (plus 1 sliding door for kitchen door).

Am not sure whether I am getting chopped or not :dunno: . Hoping to find cheaper alternative..

Thanks!

• Like 1

Hi Pockz,

Your idea for the sliding glass panel for the kitchen is similar to mine!

But mine is 1 fixed glass panel and 2 sliding glass panel of about 90 cm width each.

Do you mind sharing your sliding glass panel supplier and the cost for yours?

Mine is charging me $3600 for the panels (plus 1 sliding door for kitchen door).

Am not sure whether I am getting chopped or not :dunno: . Hoping to find cheaper alternative..

Thanks!

Hi celZtang, I have pmed you. Thanks

Most have been done after shift in on monday. Super busy till wed and house is still slightly messy with carton boxes yet to be cleared after shift in. Even after shift-in, works are still carried out here and there including painting, drilling and installation of viewqwest, fixing up speakers, relocation services by singtel, installation of magic seal and also installation of curtain.

The gas hob cooker ignition was not functioning and this was rectified on monday. Installation of staircase handles were done on tuesday but the installer drop his hammer and created slight dents on the flooring and hence revarnishing is needed. Sizing for my balcony washer carpentry was not right, the sliding door cant close after washing machine is put in place. Big headace, repair work is needed and this was fix today. TV console panels were also done today.

As i require another mio tv setup box for masterbr. I thought that having a tel point would be sufficient. However, it was not. The way that the tel point is laid is important. Separate lines have to be laid to the termination point rather than connecting one single line to all points. This would have no issues with making calls but for mio tv installation. It is a problem. Hence, a 2nd line was laid to the TV area on wed as well. OPSH came to install today while the carpenter came to fix up the balcony sliding door. Haven really seen the final result. But all should be fine now.

vp0f.jpg

eo07.jpg

vp6z.jpg