Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cookiegal

Stove And Basin

Actually.........first basin is what sign? See water means water, really not my practice. Stove is fire, fire use to cook food. Like toilet bowl got water does that means its water ?

Alot of room for discussion.

Siao bo! What's the point of continuing? You are always making a dough out of a mole. If you say basin can be not a sign of water, then stove can be also not a sign of fire liao, What for cite all these extreme cases just to defend your wrong perspectives? Now is layman, plain and simple, a very common situation about a kitchen, what for play tai chi here?

Even idiots know that a basin in kitchen is water. You want to say the basin may have no tap? or you want to give another situation possible thebasin is for show only?, no water or never use? Then put basin there for what liao? Don't continue to talk about stupid situations where its not practical.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I think most FS students feels "basin and stove" opposite clashes, but you think otherwise. I would like to hear your views. However you may be right in your views as well. Some myths may be too old and difficult to break (basic and stove opposite clash).

Eg last time a fs master (when I first bought the place) told me to put the Guan Yin status facing the long hall way (and the long hall way face the master bed room) - many people say no good. But I live there many years, nothing happen. However another Thai practisioner came along the way (many years later) and suggest face another direction (which I say - ok) - so now no longer face master bed room. To me, both methods did not have much impact to me - so to me the myth is broken on Guan Yin facing master bed room (of course not saying Guan yin IN the master bed room)

Wah lau......its very simple. I can see a few smart people here like you, tidakboleh and 5cs. Very, very simple.....go ask a few master this few things I put down here

d) stove and basin can put opposite?

g) can placement of stove base on the chart given here and follow the mountain stars

k) Are those I posted a must basics for 紫白 (i think this wanna in another post)

Got the most feedback on same agreement ho seh liao.....talk so much for what.....discuss with people got brains I don't mind, tio bo. Waste time with "people" who keep beating around the bush, I can die faster le.

Kalimantan, different schools can be different schools but all schools come back to the same principles. Basics are basics. When a person keep using a gua to flip basics, then no point wasting time liao. A cup is a cup. Layman and masters and sensible people just take it as it is. At extreme cases, a cup can be used to decorate or broken into pieces to use the clay. But all these flipping of Gua is for extreme cases and mostly for the sake of play among students (during classes, we flip with guas for fun). If a person wants to play with a Gua, all 8 can be used and it will all come back in a cycle. So nobody wins.

By now if you read carefully, it should draw some conclusion to you of some personality here tio bo.

Basin and stove is not a myth le. Even if myth, its been down for thousands of years, why beat it? Tio bo (miss michael jackson....beat it)

Basin and stove clash have been recorded extensively in olden chinese fs text.

Wah lau....for your Guan Yin, can be possibility that your house feng shui good.....so this wan no issue or can be its wrong and when suppose to take impact n kena liao, then the monk came to save you? Your case may have many reasons to it. Best get a master to explain la......

Got the most feedback on same agreement ho seh liao.....talk so much for what.....discuss with people got brains I don't mind, tio bo. Waste time with "people" who keep beating around the bush, I can die faster le.

Kalimantan, different schools can be different schools but all schools come back to the same principles. Basics are basics. When a person keep using a gua to flip basics, then no point wasting time liao. A cup is a cup. Layman and masters and sensible people just take it as it is. At extreme cases, a cup can be used to decorate or broken into pieces to use the clay. But all these flipping of Gua is for extreme cases and mostly for the sake of play among students (during classes, we flip with guas for fun). If a person wants to play with a Gua, all 8 can be used and it will all come back in a cycle. So nobody wins.

By now if you read carefully, it should draw some conclusion to you of some personality here tio bo.

KC,

Seriously what is basic ?

Siao bo! What's the point of continuing? You are always making a dough out of a mole. If you say basin can be not a sign of water, then stove can be also not a sign of fire liao, What for cite all these extreme cases just to defend your wrong perspectives? Now is layman, plain and simple, a very common situation about a kitchen, what for play tai chi here?

Even idiots know that a basin in kitchen is water. You want to say the basin may have no tap? or you want to give another situation possible thebasin is for show only?, no water or never use? Then put basin there for what liao? Don't continue to talk about stupid situations where its not practical.

KC,

Its just that we have different practice, I do not see water as water.

Hey Kali,

Cos my view is everything belong to signs (八卦), therefore if the sign belongs to an element that does not clash with stove fire then its ok. Before we commit what element is an object we must look carefully and think about its uses, shapes and colour with uses as top priority, these are example of identifying signs (卦)。Thats does not mean that some signs(卦) are bad or some signs are good, we must be able to identify the pro and cons, 正面 or 负面 of each(卦). If pro we use, if con we avoid. Like messy cables are bad so we use tubing to keep them tidy then the signs become good.

Like water, can let people drink, but what happen when water is use to wash dishes ? Is water still water ?Water in its original state and uses is for us to drink but thru time and space it transform to other uses. Its just like today I polite, tomorrow I rude, next day I study hard, all this is a transformation of several me and myself. Easier said is, SG have SG so call 4 seasons, no matter how it change its still in SG. You have your 5 element and I have my 5 element, we no need to snatch from each other. Like the world, my winter is your summer so on and so forth. Is all about time and space.

If we flash back to ancient time, there was no basin, the water well is outside of the house,also the toilet and lastly the washing area,even cooking sometimes is outside the house. We have to becareful when using so call ancient myth, it might be an invention along the way to modernisation. Modernisation brought everything under one roof.

I also never heard about Kuan Yin facing bed from outside hall way, my knowledge is when house got alot of different statues (漫天神佛), then very hard to have peace.

So as for these discussion all I can say is, if one party say avoid then if avoid means feel better just avoid it, but what if to those consumer can't avoid ? I think the best way is still survey and get the statistic. So the more people with basin oppo stove chime in the clearer picture we have but there are many other factors affecting stove too. What can we say without house survey or audit ?

If its seriously a water sign then it will not clash with fire, if not how we boil soup? Cooking also need water too. Water enter stove transform into food for us, its a creation. So to us whats the use of water? Like KC said 既济卦 or 未济卦,is just who is on top who is below, water on top fire below 既济,fire on top water below 未济, from here we see its just a matter of where things change to at that time. Of cos in FS we use element to do certain calculation and also to achieve mountain stars to be healthy, thus we will use an element that compliment the master mountain star element. 客来生主关系. Fire and Water, although comes together will fight each other, depends on yin and yang too. For example yang water and ying fire although element clash but yin yang combine, vice versa, combines means new creation ! So before we look at element first we must look at the yin yang of the object. Stove with real fire is yang fire.

To be fair Kali, you are asking KC what the clash does, that belong to 断事, which is looking at signs and clashes and stating down the outcome, thats not an easy question. I can share with you, fire stand for polite, clear minded, fast, these are a few examples of fire good character, so if fire gone wrong.....you will know how to tell.

Lastly "TIME IS YANG, SPACE IS YING", ying and yang is a relationship, example like a Head of Department (HOD), in front of bosses the HOD is ying, infront of the Department the HOD is yang. 5 element are not dead object. Stars don't fly, it just change with time like our seasons, therefore we call it 气.

Cheers.

Since you quote my name, I jump in liao.

Midasls talk:

Cos my view is everything belong to signs (八卦), therefore if the sign belongs to an element that does not clash with stove fire then its ok. Before we commit what element is an object we must look carefully and think about its uses, shapes and colour with uses as top priority, these are example of identifying signs (卦)。Thats does not mean that some signs(卦) are bad or some signs are good, we must be able to identify the pro and cons, 正面 or 负面 of each(卦). If pro we use, if con we avoid. Like messy cables are bad so we use tubing to keep them tidy then the signs become good.

Like water, can let people drink, but what happen when water is use to wash dishes ? Is water still water ?Water in its original state and uses is for us to drink but thru time and space it transform to other uses. Its just like today I polite, tomorrow I rude, next day I study hard, all this is a transformation of several me and myself. Easier said is, SG have SG so call 4 seasons, no matter how it change its still in SG. You have your 5 element and I have my 5 element, we no need to snatch from each other. Like the world, my winter is your summer so on and so forth. Is all about time and space.

Kcwee chat:

My teacher always said "KC, Gua usage grows with maturity and experience".

Water is still water no matter what state it is.

Midasls talk

If we flash back to ancient time, there was no basin, the water well is outside of the house,also the toilet and lastly the washing area,even cooking sometimes is outside the house. We have to becareful when using so call ancient myth, it might be an invention along the way to modernisation. Modernisation brought everything under one roof.

kcwee answer:

Don't just pick one point in time to talk about. You have missed out a lot of changes throughout the few thousands years about basin and stove in taiwan and hongkong.

Midasls said

So as for these discussion all I can say is, if one party say avoid then if avoid means feel better just avoid it, but what if to those consumer can't avoid ? I think the best way is still survey and get the statistic. So the more people with basin oppo stove chime in the clearer picture we have but there are many other factors affecting stove too. What can we say without house survey or audit ?

kcwee retort

Buay tahan. Do you know how many cases are there to have basin directly opposite stove? You ask a silly survey which will never materialise. Why don't you kick off the ball rolling and put your basin directly opposite oyur stove and see how le?

Kalimantan's unit may have a small kitchen and that's why design comes this way but there are still space if he wants to go ahead to renovate. He can also choose to take a risk if he wants. If anything happens to him, he will be part of your survey study? Junior?

Midasls wrote

If its seriously a water sign then it will not clash with fire, if not how we boil soup? Cooking also need water too. Water enter stove transform into food for us, its a creation. So to us whats the use of water? Like KC said 既济卦 or 未济卦,is just who is on top who is below, water on top fire below 既济,fire on top water below 未济, from here we see its just a matter of where things change to at that time. Of cos in FS we use element to do certain calculation and also to achieve mountain stars to be healthy, thus we will use an element that compliment the master mountain star element. 客来生主关系. Fire and Water, although comes together will fight each other, depends on yin and yang too. For example yang water and ying fire although element clash but yin yang combine, vice versa, combines means new creation ! So before we look at element first we must look at the yin yang of the object. Stove with real fire is yang fire.

Kcwee chided

Si beh jialat.....really stubborn and childish in your talk......water use on stove, of course stove is still fire la. That's why I said using 既济 is rubbish la

You might as well said the TV inside got alot of copper wire, soldering, metal chips, resistor metal wires and for that you want to call it "metal"

You still haven't understand the basics of mountains stars, you still want to talk usage again? Using mountains stars, yet never understand a facing star plate properly, you dare put certain mountain stars good to place stove? Do you have any conscience if forummers end up in trouble?

Wah lau, don't mix up what is clash and yin yang combination la....... baby in a cradle........

Since you quote my name, I jump in liao.

Midasls talk:

Kcwee chat:

My teacher always said "KC, Gua usage grows with maturity and experience".

Water is still water no matter what state it is.

Midasls talk

kcwee answer:

Don't just pick one point in time to talk about. You have missed out a lot of changes throughout the few thousands years about basin and stove in taiwan and hongkong.

Midasls said

kcwee retort

Buay tahan. Do you know how many cases are there to have basin directly opposite stove? You ask a silly survey which will never materialise. Why don't you kick off the ball rolling and put your basin directly opposite oyur stove and see how le?

Kalimantan's unit may have a small kitchen and that's why design comes this way but there are still space if he wants to go ahead to renovate. He can also choose to take a risk if he wants. If anything happens to him, he will be part of your survey study? Junior?

Midasls wrote

Kcwee chided

Si beh jialat.....really stubborn and childish in your talk......water use on stove, of course stove is still fire la. That's why I said using 既济 is rubbish la

You might as well said the TV inside got alot of copper wire, soldering, metal chips, resistor metal wires and for that you want to call it "metal"

You still haven't understand the basics of mountains stars, you still want to talk usage again? Using mountains stars, yet never understand a facing star plate properly, you dare put certain mountain stars good to place stove? Do you have any conscience if forummers end up in trouble?

Wah lau, don't mix up what is clash and yin yang combination la....... baby in a cradle........

Oh boy why you so lou hei ? ha ha ha

KC wee, I have been following some of these posts. Not sure about other forum people but I felt that you have made your point. I also hope to learn and understand from a layman point of view. How much does a stove contributes to the house feng shui?

about the basin and stove thing, can I ask

a) this picture show http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/15114689/for-sale-glendale-park basin is L-shaped to stove

b) this picture show http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/14651014/for-rent-glendale-park basic (besides the fridge is the basin FACING the stove)

What is the difference then ? Or impact ?

Please refer to kitchen photo

Edited by kalimantan

about the basin and stove thing, can I ask

a) this picture show http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/15114689/for-sale-glendale-park basin is L-shaped to stove

b) this picture show http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/14651014/for-rent-glendale-park basic (besides the fridge is the basin FACING the stove)

What is the difference then ? Or impact ?

Please refer to kitchen photo

Hey Kali,

Very interesting......diamond shape house. Wheres this place ? Thanks for the picture.

Cheers.

Hey Kali,

Very interesting......diamond shape house. Wheres this place ? Thanks for the picture.

Cheers.

actually I stayed there in Glendale park, the pictures (not my place - I got it from propertyguru site) - but most are of similar shapes, except that some basin face the stove, some basin L-shaped the stoves.