Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Yeah I really like the look of these panels. Made of fibreglass and managed to get a feel of the real thing at The Home Show.

The feel is pretty solid, not so hollow if you get my drift.

Comes in 3.3m x 1.3m panels. The original product is called msdpanels. Cost is S$2800 for 2 panels.

Their website has a large variety of wall panels, including nice wood ones and even false beams.

Edited by greglhc

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Wowwww! This is going to be exciting.. I love your concept - an open Industrial Loft. Feel so good to see all the walls demolished! I love the concrete wall panels. It's gonna look great and industrial. Can't wait for the completion! Happy renovating and shopping. Gonna park at ur blog. =P

Hello neighbor!!! You've started a blog finally!! Now I can camp here to read. Hehehhehe.. Good luck with your renovations ahead, wonder if we'll see each other around since we live so near by.

Thanks Berlinbear! Appreciate the positive comments ;)

Wowwww! This is going to be exciting.. I love your concept - an open Industrial Loft. Feel so good to see all the walls demolished! I love the concrete wall panels. It's gonna look great and industrial. Can't wait for the completion! Happy renovating and shopping. Gonna park at ur blog. =P

Hello mishmish! Yes it'll be nice to bump into each other though I wonder if we will even recognize each other haha

Have u moved in already?

Hello neighbor!!! You've started a blog finally!! Now I can camp here to read. Hehehhehe.. Good luck with your renovations ahead, wonder if we'll see each other around since we live so near by.

hi greg

the concrete effect fiber glass wall panels you ordered look similar to what June's Contractor/ID did for the TV feature wall cum storage solution for his own flat, but his was achieved thru some carpentry work (I think)

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/50583-my-first-home/page-4

for you case will it be cheaper or cost about the same to achieve the same effect using real concrete/cement screed ?

Edited by sarah833

hi greg

the concrete effect fiber glass wall panels you ordered look similar to what June's Contractor/ID did for the TV feature wall cum storage solution for his own flat, but his was achieved thru some carpentry work (I think)

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/50583-my-first-home/page-4

for you case will it be cheaper or cost about the same to achieve the same effect using real concrete/cement screed ?

Hey Sarah, this is a good question - a question that I had to deliberate over too

Carpentry was out for definitely out for me - I wanted both the look and feel of concrete and in this respect, carpentry has limitations

Firstly, because there is a interface between the door surface and the trimmings, you may be able to see some of the wood through that.

If you want the edge to look completely like the surface concrete laminate - it is possible too, but this is additional cost

Secondly, the surface of such carpentry tends to be smooth and not so textured because it is a laminate. Having said that, there are some concrete laminates, especially those by Lamitak which are really realistic in terms of look and texture. However, it repeats because the laminate is 8' x 4' only. My wall is much larger than that and will require a few repeats.

Finally, carpentry will take up more space in terms of depth if you decide to make cabinets out of it. Usually 60cm deep from the wall i.e. eat into my limited living room space.

What about just concrete screed and then implement the design? Very possible and this would be the cheapest option. However my contractor not confident as he has not done it before. And using the fibreglass wall panel, I can conceal wiring.

Thats why I justify the cost of $2800.

Moving in Sept 8th i think.. at least.. thats the date that some internet site threw up as suitable for me and htb... Well, I'll be walking my dog around, so if you see a brown long haired dachshund... the owner is likely to be me or my family.

Moving in Sept 8th i think.. at least.. thats the date that some internet site threw up as suitable for me and htb... Well, I'll be walking my dog around, so if you see a brown long haired dachshund... the owner is likely to be me or my family.

If you hear someone yelling at you "mishmish!" that would probably be me then lol

Hi Greg,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! the fiber glass concrete wall panels is looking good and it should be more tolerant to wear and tear than laminate I think.

cement screed is definitely a more pocket friendly and interesting option but have to find the right contractor to do the execution, else may

be a real ugly piece of "orh lu lu" art in your tiny pad lol

I wanted a brick wall initially but I didnt like the small craftstone bricks. My contractor frowned when I asked her to do cement screed on the entire wall at the dining area and draw big bricks on it and paint it white. She frowned again when I asked her to overlay existing tiles on the balcony floor and walls with cement screed but I convinced her to do it without warranty. The effect is pretty okay mah!

I like concrete walls actually! My contractors subcon does a good job. I just dunno if he can create those rectangles with the design properly. Proportion is very important to me. Heh

Oooo.. I was planning to use new york teak kompactop .. The colour is soooo nice... But I 'slice' the sample with a chopper and there are scratches... Haiz.. So now have to re-consider... :(

I love to cook so need a more durable kitchen top.. But i do like kompactop.. haha.. Or else juz have to real careful ...

Ur choices looks great~ enjoy ur reno process!

Oooo.. I was planning to use new york teak kompactop .. The colour is soooo nice... But I 'slice' the sample with a chopper and there are scratches... Haiz.. So now have to re-consider... :(

I love to cook so need a more durable kitchen top.. But i do like kompactop.. haha.. Or else juz have to real careful ...

Ur choices looks great~ enjoy ur reno process!

Most surfaces will scratch, just depends on how obvious I guess. Looks like it's granite or compressed marble for u then.

Hope u managed to find a contractor that meets ur needs soon. U will be hooked on Reno!

Ohhhh.. Thot of replacing with quartz.. Does quartz scratch easily too?

Hub is bz so decided to juz go ahead with the final two and fingers crossed all will be gd.. Haha.. Not that confident but oh well ..