Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Taobao stuff has finally arrived! 3 days earlier than expected. I told them to deliver next week.

Bought quite a bit of stuff from taobao, hope the quality is good and no breakages.

A sample of some of the items I bought:

Kitchen sink, stainless steel, thickness 1.2mm

TBKitchenSSSink_zps27781612.jpg

Kitchen mixer to go along with sink

TBKitchenMixer_zps77f0e604.jpg

Sink for toilet. It was only 55 bucks excl shipping. Don't think it's kohler though lol

TBBathroomUndermountSink_zpsea073fe8.jpg

Stainless steel floor trap. I regret making this purchase as it arrived too late. Anyone interested in buying from me?

TBSSFloorTrap_zpsc96a0298.jpg

Industrial octopus chandelier for living room

TBOctopusIndustrialChandelier_zpsa56ab5b

I wanted those traps too...but i don't know if my contractor was telling the truth...supposedly that would make the toilet floor too high...HDB wont approve

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

For taobao purchases - there are really a substantial saving to be had. Don't poo poo made in China stuff because vast majority of the stuff we buy are made in China :bleah:

In fact I have seen a lot of furniture at retails stores here which are no doubt from the same suppliers/manufacturers in China who are listed on taobao

Just that it's about 2 to 3 the prices excluding shipping

On my to-buy list from taobao if the quality of this shipment is good!

1. Posters/art for decor

2. Small furniture like bedside table, coffee table and bench

3. Rug and carpets

4. Edison light bulbs

I wanted those traps too...but i don't know if my contractor was telling the truth...supposedly that would make the toilet floor too high...HDB wont approve

I was told the same thing and I believe he is correct, unfortunately it is not suitable for HDB

Anyway I got my tiler to find substitutes in Singapore which were S$25 only. It allows them to insert a portion of a tile on top of the floor trap.

Edited by greglhc

You are correct, unfortunately it is not suitable for HDB

Anyway I got my tiler to find substitutes in Singapore which were S$25 only. It allows them to insert a portion of a tile on top of the floor trap.

I wanted that too! Contractor said...still cannot...HDB wont approve. Floor will be too high :curse:

Really like this art pieces from TB. Goes well with industrial look

TBconcreteart_zpsa240597f.jpg

And this piece above the headboard in bedroom. But might be a bit too long

TBWallArtBed_zps2d60ef12.jpg

Opinions?

• Like 1

I wanted that too! Contractor said...still cannot...HDB wont approve. Floor will be too high :curse:

Haha unfortunate. Realise HDB got a lot of limitations

For instance cannot have international wall sockets which allow any kind of power plug to be inserted

U r progressing sooo fast! Nice!

U b getting the storage bed from hommage? I plan to get from them too as well as a dining table and a hallway cabinent..

Do u mind sharing ur tb links? Hee!

U r progressing sooo fast! Nice!

U b getting the storage bed from hommage? I plan to get from them too as well as a dining table and a hallway cabinent..

Do u mind sharing ur tb links? Hee!

I'll post my taobao links once I see/feel the goods. If lousy or unsatisfactory, I will identify the seller also so future renotalkers can avoid :good:

I am pretty sure about the storage bed from hommage. Thanks to Choomacher for recommending such a nice piece :D

Bedframe purchased this morning. very excited about it

Browsed it last night and went to see today. Was quite perfect in real life!

Like that it appears to be floating :sport-smiley-018:

BurgerBed1_zps6d8e6b11.png

To EvofloorTermiterich

I think termite infestation of ANY laminate flooring is possible, not just Tarkett from Evorich

This is inherent to the material

Especially in our climate, I did not choose laminate flooring. This is why my priority was for vinyl flooring or tiles

In addition, if that the building is already termite infested and no matter the brand of laminate, it will surely be food for them

Bedframe purchased this morning. very excited about it

Browsed it last night and went to see today. Was quite perfect in real life!

Like that it appears to be floating :sport-smiley-018:

BurgerBed1_zps6d8e6b11.png

nice!

Hi House owners and fellow friend, Saw that you have bought flooring from Evorich... Be careful... Ask about termite resistant and termite proof... Better make them put it in the sales contract before your final payment!!!!!

Please be careful when you recommend laminated floor suppliers. Watch the you tube video and you knows what I means! !!

Supplier : Evorich Holding Pte Ltd

Brand : Tarkett -- Supposedly made in Germany

Warranty by Evorich Holding :- Lifetime warranty on material and workmanship -

Actual : NOTHING DONE! !!

Wa this is so scary! lucky my vinyl is rubber n nobody likes the taste of rubber :D

I just think you are very suay :dunno:

For the rest of the viewers - on the subject of Evorich, I really like their vinyl flooring. In comparison to other brands, the wood grain is the most realistic

The regular price is usually $7 psf excl GST. However, when bargain, usually get $6.50 psf.

During their expo type exhibitions, they will knock down to $6 psf. All this incl installation, except if you need to shave off doors

The door to ceiling height should be about 10mm

Hi House owners and fellow friend, Saw that you have bought flooring from Evorich... Be careful... Ask about termite resistant and termite proof... Better make them put it in the sales contract before your final payment!!!!!

Please be careful when you recommend laminated floor suppliers. Watch the you tube video and you knows what I means! !!

Supplier : Evorich Holding Pte Ltd

Brand : Tarkett -- Supposedly made in Germany

Warranty by Evorich Holding :- Lifetime warranty on material and workmanship -

Actual : NOTHING DONE! !!

OMG!

Agree with u greg.. I have done my research on Evorich's HERF and my other half and I really like it too.. Initially we wanted to install for our bedrms only but now decided to install in living rm as well! :)