Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

and for those who are into movie posters:

http://s.taobao.com/search?spm=a230r.1.8.4.nPiIco&promote=0&sort=credit-desc&ppath=10142877%3A3240637&initiative_id=staobaoz_20130827&tab=all&q=%D3%D0%BF%F2%BB%AD&cps=yes#J_relative

I saw a few posters which I intend to get but I forgot to bookmark them. now kinda tricky to trace back after viewing over 40 pages of posters ::

Edited by sarah833

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I just open an order and add it into peeka so I can keep track

and for those who are into movie posters:

http://s.taobao.com/search?spm=a230r.1.3.9.doy9yJ&tab=all&q=%D3%D0%BF%F2%BB%AD&cps=yes&rsclick=7&promote=0&from=compass&ppath=10142877%3A3240637&bcoffset=4&s=1560#J_relative

I saw a few posters which I intend to get but I forgot to bookmark them. now kinda tricky to trace back after viewing over 40 pages of posters ::

and for those who are into movie posters:http://s.taobao.com/search?spm=a230r.1.8.4.nPiIco&promote=0&sort=credit-desc&ppath=10142877%3A3240637&initiative_id=staobaoz_20130827&tab=all&q=%D3%D0%BF%F2%BB%AD&cps=yes#J_relative

I just open an order and add it into peeka so I can keep track

thx!

too many choices. I think I should jusf fix a big LCD on top of the mid height wardrobe in my bedroom to display them lol

Thanks greg!

I just bought some yoga clothings online and shipped through vpost USA, and see that vpost ships from china too. Just wondering how easy is it to buy directly from taobao and ship through vpost china for small purchases.They do consolidation of shipments too.

I have been using vpost USA for the past few years, like that I can specify a post office as the delivery address and pick up the goods at my convenient.

Morning sarah,

For small purchases can use peeka too. They will go by weight and u get it in a few days.

Friends in sg buy apparel from taobao frequently and shipping generally costs no more than 20 dollars

I've been too busy to unbox taobao stuff yet. Hopefully this weekend!

I'm really looking forward to unboxing my taobao purchases next week. Hopefully delivered on Monday.

Some of my purchases were a bit more expensive as compared to other sellers on taobao

But I wanted to only purchase from 1 crown or 4-5 diamond sellers or tmall sellers

Tmall sellers are generally more trustworthy as they represent commercial shops

Surfing the various sellers on taobao is quite time intensive as there is really a lot of rubbish out there

For industrial type furniture, the key word is "loft", so put 家具 or 灯 behind it to get the respective hits for furniture and lighting

I usually sort by "信用" to get the crown sellers

I also bought track lights from taobao - the variety is huge. Key word is 轨道灯

Anyway here my my taobao purchase links to share. Some of them I didn't buy in the end because it was going to take too long to ship to the China shipping centre.

Another reason to use Peeka because they will ask you whether you want to wait or cancel the order at no cost.

Kitchen

2. Selena sink: 560
Toilet
1. Kohler sink: 210
Lighting
10. LED bulbs shop E14 and E27
Furniture
1. Tolix chairs: 300

Thank you so much for the links, greg!

Very useful for people like me who are going to do their TB shopping TOMORROW!

*excitedly rubs my hands in glee*

Spending money is always fun!

Incl agent fees, GST, shipping - about S$400. I just above 1 cubic metre worth of stuff. Generally I estimate the additional fees incl shipping, GST, agent handling fees - it's about 25-30% above the taobao price. So when you shop and see the price, add about that percentage to get the true cost of the item.

Honestly the savings I think the savings is quite substantial. For instance the stainless steel sink is about S$150 total cost. It's the China brand of the same Kraus sink that a lot of people bought on amazon. I think they paid closer to US$300.

Even the lamps. I saw the same pendant dining room lamp for $700 bucks here! And I paid about $90

Greg, can consider using my guy to get your taobao stuff... the shipping is def cheaper than that... And i'm pretty happy with his service...

His email is sghomeaccessories@yahoo.com.sg.

Have bought a lot of items through him... Find that he is very trustworthy & responsive.

Just have to email him the links and specify what you want and transfer via TT.

wow... saw the termites and all my hair is standing.

Be it warranty or not. as long as there is wood, even though there is treatment for termites, its still not 100% termites proof.

Whether Evorich will change the laminate or not, it should not be a great issue. Question is - will the new laminate flooring be termite free too?

Also, if Evorich is bad, which company is 100% termite free? Let me know so that i can engage them too for my new house.

personally, i have heard bad comments about other companies too.

I think its more like heng-suay.

by the way, i have eaten McFilet-0-fish with a fish bone inside and a broken bone in the CNY black pepper burger.

In fact, more parents will give the kids to eat and believe its free of bones. Yet i encountered it twice at mcDonald.

So, should i condemn the fast food?

Many laminate flooring don't produce their own flooring. They only get supplies from overseas and labelled their own company name on it. As long as there is ppl, there is bound to have problems.

Greg, can consider using my guy to get your taobao stuff... the shipping is def cheaper than that... And i'm pretty happy with his service...

Have bought a lot of items through him... Find that he is very trustworthy & responsive.

Will he run away with our money? 100% sure?

Why need to go thru a 3rd party, risking few hundred or thousands to save a few mere dollars?

Thanks for letting me know.

I did contact him before my first taobao shipment and he goes by the name of jack. However he does not represent a company and is doing this as a sideline.

I expect that he works in a logistics company that has spare freight space that he exploits.

Anyway I feel that it's high risk and not worth the savings. Prob about 100 bucks only?

Angielika - u took the words out of my mouth.

Edited by greglhc

and for those who are into movie posters:http://s.taobao.com/search?spm=a230r.1.8.4.nPiIco&promote=0&sort=credit-desc&ppath=10142877%3A3240637&initiative_id=staobaoz_20130827&tab=all&q=%D3%D0%BF%F2%BB%AD&cps=yes#J_relative

Thanks, this link comes in handy for my reno. :)

Some taobao keywords to help those who have difficulty searching for taobao stuff

复古怀旧艺术 - retro vintage design

铁艺 - iron/metal. If you pair this with "loft" you will get lights/furniture with strong metal elements

吊灯灯 - chandelier/pendant type lighting

海报 - posters for the wall

Some people ask why need to use an agent like peeka to buy stuff from taobao

1. You need a China credit card/bank account in order to purchase directly from taobao. Bank of China credit card issued from Singapore subsidiary does not count

2. You will need to arrange shipping from China to Singapore. A lot of hassle.

Totally agree with you. I have got a China debit card that I applied when I worked in Shanghai. It does support TB payment but shipping back to Singapore is really a hassle. I use Peeka just like you, they are good.

Thanks, this link comes in handy for my reno. :)

you are welcome :)

if you come across 花样年华movie poster with only Maggie Cheung in it let me know :) still coulnt locate the one I saw :)