Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi, a question, do you guys know that some rainshowers are the concealed type.. meaning there isnt a phsyical rod connecting the rainshower tap to the rainshower head. Can that be installed in our HDB toilets?

Hi nashville, I was considering those since it will look cleaner, though maintenance will be troublesome

I assume you will need to mount rainshower head on false ceiling

And also require quite a bit of concealed piping. Not sure if HDB allows to hack the walls of toilets?

PS thanks for the compliments! I will PM you my contractor details

Edited by greglhc

Greg...need your expert help...i am shopping ard taobao for a industrial looking desk for the study...can you share what key words i should be using?

Hey Vanessa,

Keywords would be

"loft" or "工业"

"书桌" for study desk. You may wish to just use 桌 to capture more hits

If you want more vintage-y or distressed types, can add in "复古"

• Like 1

Hi Vanessa r u looking something like e below link?

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.46.MMVGaz&id=19197989806

kinda...but the top of that, the wood bit...well it is a bit rough...gonna be kinda tough to write on it...was eyeing this...wondering if they can make the work top bigger...it is kinda narrow at the moment. http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.93.KXvf3Q&id=19720161642&initiative_new=1

Hey Vanessa,

Keywords would be

"loft" or "工业"

"书桌" for study desk. You may wish to just use 桌 to capture more hits

If you want more vintage-y or distressed types, can add in "复古"

thanks so much Greg!

kinda...but the top of that, the wood bit...well it is a bit rough...gonna be kinda tough to write on it...was eyeing this...wondering if they can make the work top bigger...it is kinda narrow at the moment. http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.93.KXvf3Q&id=19720161642&initiative_new=1

I noticed that the tb seller on your link has 3 diamonds only. Might be worth finding one with at least 4 diamonds (5 preferrably or 1 crown)

• Like 1

I noticed that the tb seller on your link has 3 diamonds only. Might be worth finding one with at least 4 diamonds (5 preferrably or 1 crown)

okie dokie...thanks!

okie dokie...thanks!

Your welcome! Hope I don't sound too naggy. Lol

Oh yeah furniture on taobao takes about 10-15 days to reach china warehouse. I just learnt this. Expect to wait about a month minimum before it reaches sg.

Your welcome! Hope I don't sound too naggy. Lol

Oh yeah furniture on taobao takes about 10-15 days to reach china warehouse. I just learnt this. Expect to wait about a month minimum before it reaches sg.

not at all! Most helpful...i have run into a hiccup...think it is dangerous to get these metal legs...installation will be a pain!

Laminate issues which I am very uncertain on how to rectify.

The gap where the underlying plywood is visible just above the sink. Worried water enters and will cause problems

photo1_zpse905f5eb.jpg

They used a black permanent marker on the laminate to hide the visible plywood underneath. Is this normal?

photo2_zps6a36d438.jpg

Any insights/inputs from renotalkers are appreciated!

My doors are up! Contractor just sent pics and I'm pretty pleased with the look

Doors from kitchen to yard

photo1_zps6c1b8fac.jpg

Doors between MBR and living area

photo2_zpsc6d59ba5.jpg

Close sesame!

photo3_zps36e384dc.jpg

Nice. Are these bi-folds and tri-folds doors ? wanted something similar for yard-kitchen and kitchen-living room. Can share the shop that sells this ?

thanks

Nice. Are these bi-folds and tri-folds doors ? wanted something similar for yard-kitchen and kitchen-living room. Can share the shop that sells this ?

thanks

Thanks Alfredt!

These are folding doors with three panels. Aluminium, powder coated black.

Problem with three panels is that it might be unstable/flimsy so needed top track in addition to bottom track.

Naturally, there's an additional cost for that.

I went with my contractor's contact so he can organize everything for me and make a small profit.

I don't have that contact but there is a business advertiser here which gave me a very similar quote.

hey macuser, I realised I missed ur post

actually I really wanted wanted for the track to be mounted on the ceiling so there will be a long glass panel above the folding door

unfortunately I needed to hide some electrical points which I no longer needed and the most convenient way was a false beam.

to be honest, it'll be a lot nicer if there wasn't a false beam. I have some decor related ideas for the false beam though!

every compromise I make, I try to use it as an opportunity to use decor and work around it heh

Hi greg,

Sorry if it sounds like a stupid question, but I was just wondering why didn't you request for the track to be mounted on the ceiling ?

The door doesn't seem long, so I think it'll be stable. Ours is quite long, and it's very stable.

Laminate issues which I am very uncertain on how to rectify.

The gap where the underlying plywood is visible just above the sink. Worried water enters and will cause problems

photo1_zpse905f5eb.jpg

They used a black permanent marker on the laminate to hide the visible plywood underneath. Is this normal?

photo2_zps6a36d438.jpg

Any insights/inputs from renotalkers are appreciated!

bad worksmanship. you should withhold future payments until this is fixed.