Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

greg, not sure if u are looking at sonos play bar (can't remember) , but if you are do remember that the sonos playbar only works with LED TV from what i know due to the optical input/output that only LED TV has ... just a reminder that's all.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

What about stains? Hmm seriously considering it now.. Maybe I should talk to my contractor.. ;)

I didn't do much testing with the material as I am a light cook

The sales guy didn't say there was any specific items which cause staining

I tried with black sauce and red wine - soaked in it for an hour - could clean off easily without any stains

thanks for reminding me to check!

Yes the plasma TV has an optical audio out so all is good. Can transmit the sound to sonos

greg, not sure if u are looking at sonos play bar (can't remember) , but if you are do remember that the sonos playbar only works with LED TV from what i know due to the optical input/output that only LED TV has ... just a reminder that's all.

I didn't do much testing with the material as I am a light cook

The sales guy didn't say there was any specific items which cause staining

I tried with black sauce and red wine - soaked in it for an hour - could clean off easily without any stains

If it was SOAKED in black sauce and red wine for an hour and did not leave any stains, then it's gd enough! Haha!

This is the corroded portion of the rainshower. As you can see, the screw and the hole were not chrome plated and thus corroded by moisture. I am concerned that the rest of the rainshower will face the same issue. Hopefully it is just limited to this area. Anyway have contacted peeka and see what the taobao seller response is.

For taobao purchases involving faucets and showers, maybe should go for higher rating sellers. 1 crown doesnt seem enough :no:

photo1_zpsf7b7e1d6.jpg

Hi Greg,

Did TB get back to you on the rusty rainshower??

If it was SOAKED in black sauce and red wine for an hour and did not leave any stains, then it's gd enough! Haha!

Yeah it's good enough for me. Others have posted quite extreme experiments where the red wine and whatnot is left for a day.

Definitely worth getting the samples from them to do your own testing. There may be ingredients that you use commonly but not tested routinely. Like Vanessa tried with turmeric and kompactop did not pass the test.

Hi Greg,

Did TB get back to you on the rusty rainshower??

Hey eddo. Sadly I can only go through peeka and not direct to tb seller. Peeka sent a query to them but I haven't heard any updates.

I did decide to mount the rain shower anyway since the rest of it was in good condition ie no rust/corrosion. The part that was rusty was only this knob to raise/lower the shower head.

After installation the water pressure for rain shower is really good. A sigh of relief.

Hi Greg,

Would like to ask you about the HERF. One of the potential IDs I'm looking at quoted me S$7 psf for HERF and he also suggested another similar type of flooring called Krono Decoria at S$6 psf. Would you recommend contracting with Evorich directly for HERF (as I suppose it would be cheaper than S$7 psf that way)? Although I have to concede that if I get the HERF through the ID, I would be rest assured that he would ensure that the guys do a proper job of installing the flooring.

Hi Sarah, thanks for the link. I thought I am quite a tech geek but after stepping into those forums, I think I am shocked at how detailed the technical discussions are!

Hi Greg,

Check with Petetherock, he is an audio and home theatre enthutiast and very active on a forum called xtremeplace.com.sg

There were a lot of discussion of Plasma vs LCD on that forum few years ago and seemed like majority of them prefer plasma. Not sure if there has been similar comparison between Plasma and LED...

Hi blackpeace

I am not familiar with Krono Decoria so have no opinion on their product.

If your ID is quoting you $7 psf (before GST) for HERF, I would go direct to Evorich and try to get $6 psf (before GST)

If your ID is not willing to coordinate the installation for you, not to worry, it is very straightforward since I did this myself.

Just ask your ID which stage should HERF flooring be installed, and then discuss with Evorich that is indeed an appropriate timing.

You should have some knowledge of the reno activities that are happening before and after the HERF installation, in order to have meaningful discussion about

installation date with Evorich.

Then lock in a date and let ID know.

FYI, it takes between 1-2 working days to install HERF.

Hi Greg,

Would like to ask you about the HERF. One of the potential IDs I'm looking at quoted me S$7 psf for HERF and he also suggested another similar type of flooring called Krono Decoria at S$6 psf. Would you recommend contracting with Evorich directly for HERF (as I suppose it would be cheaper than S$7 psf that way)? Although I have to concede that if I get the HERF through the ID, I would be rest assured that he would ensure that the guys do a proper job of installing the flooring.

Hi blackpeace

I am not familiar with Krono Decoria so have no opinion on their product.

If your ID is quoting you $7 psf (before GST) for HERF, I would go direct to Evorich and try to get $6 psf (before GST)

If your ID is not willing to coordinate the installation for you, not to worry, it is very straightforward since I did this myself.

Just ask your ID which stage should HERF flooring be installed, and then discuss with Evorich that is indeed an appropriate timing.

You should have some knowledge of the reno activities that are happening before and after the HERF installation, in order to have meaningful discussion about

installation date with Evorich.

Then lock in a date and let ID know.

FYI, it takes between 1-2 working days to install HERF.

Thanks Greg! I dropped Evorich an email through their website to get a quote, but thinking of checking them out when they have a booth at a furniture fair. Not too sure if they will have a lower price at fairs.

Hey blackpeace, Evorich usually offers a better price at fairs.. U may want to bring down ur floorplan to get a rough quote. I met up with the sales director at their office but thankfully they had a booth at the Expo on that day too so I managed to get a better price! :)

Hi Greg,

Check with Petetherock, he is an audio and home theatre enthutiast and very active on a forum called xtremeplace.com.sg

There were a lot of discussion of Plasma vs LCD on that forum few years ago and seemed like majority of them prefer plasma. Not sure if there has been similar comparison between Plasma and LED...

Hi Sarah, thanks for the link. I thought I am quite a tech geek but after stepping into those forums, I think I am shocked at how detailed the technical discussions are!

ya man. Get to know this forum through a friend who has a 100 inch projection screen, big audio equipments, chunky cables and his own mini server at home. not sure he had to give up his hobby after getting married AND have a toddler running around in the apartment

They will probably think that a soundbar like SONOS is over priced, like my old BOSE but at least they are neat right ? :)

Did you check out the Libratone speakers?

Edited by sarah833

Confirm plus chop that they lower price at fairs.

No point emailing through website. They will not put in writing, a price lower than their regular retail price

Thanks Greg! I dropped Evorich an email through their website to get a quote, but thinking of checking them out when they have a booth at a furniture fair. Not too sure if they will have a lower price at fairs.

Hey blackpeace, Evorich usually offers a better price at fairs.. U may want to bring down ur floorplan to get a rough quote. I met up with the sales director at their office but thankfully they had a booth at the Expo on that day too so I managed to get a better price! :)