Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I already deleted the pix bcos it's so ugly! Haha...The design is straightforward and it's a replica.

Replica of what?

The link should still be in peeka hee

It is truly a leopard print!! I totally would pay money to get rid of it too! haha

Anyway I saw this seller before because I liked the tolix legs on a dining table and i think he is the only seller that makes this (or maybe one of two if i recall)

But excluded him because it's a one diamond seller.

Just a friendly warning to other renotalkers who are considering making purchases on taobao - the feedback and reviews that people type in may be fraudulent. This is a lot more likely if it's a seller with 3 diamonds and less.

Oh, just realized the leopard chair is still in the system.
http://admin.peeka.sg/document/fetch/6463e17523882b32a305f971de2f603b

This episode also made me realize one thing. Although the exact same thing in spore costs more, there is quality control as the spore importer would have gotten a reliable manufacturer in china to do it. I saw this chair at comfort furniture and it was selling for about 180 during a recent sale. The wood grain was actually quite nice and the chair was well made. So it's really a case of you get what you pay for :)

It is truly a leopard print!! I totally would pay money to get rid of it too! haha

Anyway I saw this seller before because I liked the tolix legs on a dining table and i think he is the only seller that makes this (or maybe one of two if i recall)

But excluded him because it's a one diamond seller.

Just a friendly warning to other renotalkers who are considering making purchases on taobao - the feedback and reviews that people type in may be fraudulent. This is a lot more likely if it's a seller with 3 diamonds and less.

This episode also made me realize one thing. Although the exact same thing in spore costs more, there is quality control as the spore importer would have gotten a reliable manufacturer in china to do it. I saw this chair at comfort furniture and it was selling for about 180 during a recent sale. The wood grain was actually quite nice and the chair was well made. So it's really a case of you get what you pay for :)

Hi June

The mrs here. I totally agree with you! We too jumped onto the taobao bandwagon as everyone was raving about it. No offence to taobao lovers out there, but it was a huge huge mistake. The lights and photo frames that we purchased were no good compared to the originals. They were badly made n the items were very dusty n dirty. Of course, after that, we decided there was no point saving such money as we weren't sure of the quality. We only have one taobao light up in the house n it hangs in the storeroom and it flickers all the time! I'm just waiting for the power to trip cos of this. As for the picture frames, should be simple n foolproof rite? But alas sigh they are quite badly made. But since we purchased so many of it, we will just make do with it. In any case, it is not structural and can be easily removed. Not like wirings and other permanent items. Needless to say, that is our first and last purchase from taobao.

Sorry if I offended any taobao lovers out there! Just my own view...

Totally agree! Honestly I think comfort gets most of their stuff from taobao.

And what I want to find is - the manufacturer on taobao whom the comfort buys from! Haha.

Thus truly effectively cutting out a middle man that does not provide much value-add (sadly)

Anyways this discussion is very interesting to me

I use this example of two "identical" products - the tolix chair with wooden seat, both by 4 diamond sellers

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.127.ZdMIYA&id=21396351959

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.188.siqYAG&id=9168209343

Both list the same dimensions and specifications. Yet the first one is about half the price of the second one.

What's the difference? You can see the second one is an actual retail physical retail shop which does replicas

Whereas the first one is probably one of the manufactures that supplies the physical shop or a nicely fronted taobao reseller in China.

hey macuser, I encourage you to post the links which you bought from and not satisfied with.

at least others may benefit here!

Hi June

The mrs here. I totally agree with you! We too jumped onto the taobao bandwagon as everyone was raving about it. No offence to taobao lovers out there, but it was a huge huge mistake. The lights and photo frames that we purchased were no good compared to the originals. They were badly made n the items were very dusty n dirty. Of course, after that, we decided there was no point saving such money as we weren't sure of the quality. We only have one taobao light up in the house n it hangs in the storeroom and it flickers all the time! I'm just waiting for the power to trip cos of this. As for the picture frames, should be simple n foolproof rite? But alas sigh they are quite badly made. But since we purchased so many of it, we will just make do with it. In any case, it is not structural and can be easily removed. Not like wirings and other permanent items. Needless to say, that is our first and last purchase from taobao.

Hi June

Wow, You said it for me! Hahahah! I saw the lights in spore that are selling cheaply in TB. The one I saw was about 600$ here and I'm not sure if it's the real thing, but the quality is soooo good! I doubt the ones in TB can match. But everyone has different budgets and different tolerance level. As long as everyone is happy with his or her purchases, that's what matters most. Shopping should be a happy experience ! For me, I definitely have zero tolerance for leopard chairs, :)

lucky gal! Those crates are hard to come by...mostly because most winemakers have switched to the cardboard boxes...if i am not wrong...only bordeaux are still being packaged in these wooden crates

i do hope i'm lucky enough to get from my frens, both of my frens told me they threw away some crates some time back! arrgggghhh.. i should have asked earlier..

After three hours of searching. The gas pipe leak cannot be located! Exasperating. Not sure what to do next. Any other renotalkers experienced this before? Please share suggestions!