Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

looking great!

Very nice lights, it's awesome that you put in so much effort on every single piece of lighting :)

Thanks!

Still got track lights to go. Which have a higher risk of being faulty I feel.

Edited by greglhc

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

photo1_zps7fcda7c7.jpg

[Above] Matt black dining pendant lamp. Cost about $105. In Singapore retails for at least 300-400. Only thing is that it comes with an piping for the wire so you cannot vary the height of the lamp

Hi, we got the same lamp!!! Mine is for the kitchen though... Really solid build but the bulbs that come with the lamp blown after we switch on and off for a few times... Looking good! The lamp do comes with two rods for different height setting. Maybe can saw the rod to create custom height... The rod is a must, otherwise, the lamp will be too filmsy... Hee...

Hi, we got the same lamp!!! Mine is for the kitchen though... Really solid build but the bulbs that come with the lamp blown after we switch on and off for a few times... Looking good! The lamp do comes with two rods for different height setting. Maybe can saw the rod to create custom height... The rod is a must, otherwise, the lamp will be too filmsy... Hee...

Hi MHB, ya this lamp is nice. I bought a few extra bulbs so if it blows, I'm all ready to change hee

I'm shocked that it retails for 500 bucks here... amazing how much savings you can get from tb

Hi MHB, ya this lamp is nice. I bought a few extra bulbs so if it blows, I'm all ready to change hee

I'm shocked that it retails for 500 bucks here... amazing how much savings you can get from tb

Hi Greg,

How is the lamp so far? I have 2 in my kitchen and have changed out the faulty bulb. I managed to get the light up for 1 day and it blown again... I suspect it might be due to the lamp or the wiring... If the cause is the faulty lamp, I might have to purchase a replacement. Do you still have the link for the light? I lost mine since I bought it 2-3 months ago. TIA...

Hi mhb,

I haven't turned it on for long periods since I'm not living in the apartment yet. A bit sad to hear about the faulty lamp though.

I posted my taobao links on page 3

Anyway the link I bought from is http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.120.XXFWWc&id=19182618538

There are quite a few sellers for the same product though so ours might be different.

Gd luck!

Hi Greg, Saw u purchase track light, how was the track light? is it good? Just wonder can we buy the bulb in singapore if spoil?

Edited by Eddo

Hi Greg, Saw u purchase track light, how was the track light? is it good? Just wonder can we buy the bulb in singapore if spoil?

Hi Eddo, here's a pic of the tracklights in action. I'm pretty sure you can replace them with Singapore ones. The other option is just to buy them from taobao and ship them via express. They aren't very big and quite light so freight cost is low.

photo2_zps829b614d.jpg

hi greg,

do u have recommendations for which agent to use if i wanna purchase bulky furniture like chairs from TB?

Hi sleepybeauty,

This is a good question. I am using peeka as there has been a lot of positive feedback from renotalkers.

I don't think they are that bulky as compared to e.g. TV console. In fact I bought two chairs which can be stacked but cannot be flat packed.

In fact, peeka managed to pack more smaller boxes into the box with two chairs in it.

Overall, I didn't even hit 1 cubic metre volume of purchases which I was very surprised.

I think one of the big plus about peeka is that they will confirm with the seller the price and the China freight charges. Then they ask you whether you want to proceed with the purchase. For instance, some sellers will say the freight/shipping to Peeka China warehouse is RMB 450, which is almost a hundred bucks so peeka will ask whether you are ok with it.

I have heard that some agents do not do this e.g. sgshop

• Like 1

Hi Greg,

How is the lamp so far? I have 2 in my kitchen and have changed out the faulty bulb. I managed to get the light up for 1 day and it blown again... I suspect it might be due to the lamp or the wiring... If the cause is the faulty lamp, I might have to purchase a replacement. Do you still have the link for the light? I lost mine since I bought it 2-3 months ago. TIA...

Hi MHB, this is a pic of my dining lamp. Is it the same as yours?

photo1_zps00439f8c.jpg

Oh yes before I forget, I found some minor corrosion/rust in the rain shower that I bought :angry2:

Fortunately it's in the area which is not so crucial and the manufacturer obviously didn't use quality material for that part.

I will post some pics later. Shall feedback to peeka and hopefully they will complain to the seller.

Hi Eddo, here's a pic of the tracklights in action. I'm pretty sure you can replace them with Singapore ones. The other option is just to buy them from taobao and ship them via express. They aren't very big and quite light so freight cost is low.

photo2_zps829b614d.jpg

Hi sleepybeauty,

This is a good question. I am using peeka as there has been a lot of positive feedback from renotalkers.

I don't think they are that bulky as compared to e.g. TV console. In fact I bought two chairs which can be stacked but cannot be flat packed.

In fact, peeka managed to pack more smaller boxes into the box with two chairs in it.

Overall, I didn't even hit 1 cubic metre volume of purchases which I was very surprised.

I think one of the big plus about peeka is that they will confirm with the seller the price and the China freight charges. Then they ask you whether you want to proceed with the purchase. For instance, some sellers will say the freight/shipping to Peeka China warehouse is RMB 450, which is almost a hundred bucks so peeka will ask whether you are ok with it.

I have heard that some agents do not do this e.g. sgshop

ok great thanks for the info.. i shall try out peeka then

This is the corroded portion of the rainshower. As you can see, the screw and the hole were not chrome plated and thus corroded by moisture. I am concerned that the rest of the rainshower will face the same issue. Hopefully it is just limited to this area. Anyway have contacted peeka and see what the taobao seller response is.

For taobao purchases involving faucets and showers, maybe should go for higher rating sellers. 1 crown doesnt seem enough :no:

photo1_zpsf7b7e1d6.jpg

Oh dear...if you change your mind and you wanna find something in Singapore fast...this is what i bought...italian designed and made...and the price point is just SLIGHTLY more then the grohe (made in thailand) range. Hope it helps :)

DeltaRainshowerColumn_zpsd8515c6e.jpg

FratelliFrattini-BreraSeries59006Exposed

FratelliFrattini-BreraSeries59054basinmi