Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi Choomacher - thanks for dropping by!

The bedframe looks nice. I bought a queen bed actually so don't need to fit King size mattress.

Is there a page link/address for Hommage? Never been before

Very nice concepts you have there.

Think this bedframe may work for you: Its something that i wanted, but pity its not available in King. You can get this at Hommage.

111387074_156.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

False beam up! Under this false beam will be a 3-panel folding aluminium, black anodized. Wanted wire inside the glass but additional weight makes it problematic

photo3_zps04bfa487.jpg

My sketch of the bedroom lighting plan sent to contractor on whatsapp

photo1_zps6945759f.jpg

Anyone know where to get replacement for this sort of switch?

photo5_zps84388024.jpg

Discovered an unanticipated problem yesterday. There is a portion of the wall which is not flush.

photo21_zps1646956b.jpg

Although false wall to hide it is the usual option, I decided to keep it

The bed-frame will be flush against the wall and I will use Ikea Ribba shelves which are of perfect depth

Between the bed head board and the wall. Try to save a few hundred bucks here. heh

photo2_zps0ecfa9b4.jpg

This same problem is found in the living room wall but decided to go ahead with false wall there though

Hope it works out!

The walls in my MBR and study room are not flushed too but i decided to leave it. I like to have some so-called imperfections in my home, rather than having everything nicely rectified and perfect. But furnishing such walls is a headache :)

Yeah, its very heng that the ikea ribba picture ledge is the same depth. So can get an extra ledge behind bed frame heh.

Do you remember this depth on your wall?

The walls in my MBR and study room are not flushed too but i decided to leave it. I like to have some so-called imperfections in my home, rather than having everything nicely rectified and perfect. But furnishing such walls is a headache :)

Yeah, its very heng that the ikea ribba picture ledge is the same depth. So can get an extra ledge behind bed frame heh.

Do you remember this depth on your wall?

U mean the sunken part?" 9.5cm..

Hi Choomacher - thanks for dropping by!

The bedframe looks nice. I bought a queen bed actually so don't need to fit King size mattress.

Is there a page link/address for Hommage? Never been before

Pleasure is mine!

The webbie is below, but the pages there seems a lil dingy.

http://www.hommagelifestyle.com/

They carry items from Bryght ( http://www.bryght.com/). I like the stuff there and surprisingly, the prices quoted were prety reasonable.

U mean the sunken part?" 9.5cm..

I plan to paint that inner rim of the sunken park in chalkboard paint and have the black picture ledge. Looks really good in my mind.

What did you do with yours?

You are right! I just visited them. Very good price. Tempted to get the one with storage.

Pleasure is mine!

The webbie is below, but the pages there seems a lil dingy.

http://www.hommagelifestyle.com/

They carry items from Bryght ( http://www.bryght.com/). I like the stuff there and surprisingly, the prices quoted were prety reasonable.

Discovered an unanticipated problem yesterday. There is a portion of the wall which is not flush.

photo21_zps1646956b.jpg

The bed-frame will be flush against the wall and I will use Ikea Ribba shelves which are of perfect depth

Between the bed head board and the wall. Try to save a few hundred bucks here. heh

This same problem is found in the living room wall but decided to go ahead with false wall there though

Hope it works out!

June,

mine too! Wonder why the architects design a sunk in area in the room and leave the headache to us homeowners?

the Scanteak vinkel queensize bedframe I bought can fit into the sunk in area nicely with one end close to the wall but changing bedsheet and the mattress protector will be such a pain. I inititially thought of doing some carpentry work like this to disguise the area but in the end I opted for the much cheaper alternative of boxing it up (and to hide the aircon pipes that ran through the top part of the wall)

9562751542_e4d7fa7dd3.jpg

mbr idea by Sarahbj3b, on Flickr

the other room I left it as it is and will fill the wall space with this IKEA hack, hopefully in a few weeks time!

http://www.ikeahackers.net/2013/04/artav-by-atelier-45.html"

Edited by sarah833

False beam up! Under this false beam will be a 3-panel folding aluminium, black anodized. Wanted wire inside the glass but additional weight makes it problematic

photo3_zps04bfa487.jpg

My sketch of the bedroom lighting plan sent to contractor on whatsapp

photo1_zps6945759f.jpg

Anyone know where to get replacement for this sort of switch?

photo5_zps84388024.jpg

photo21_zps1646956b.jpg

photo2_zps0ecfa9b4.jpg

Hope it works out!

Hi greglhc,

are you planning to do an Ikea hack like this - http://www.ikeahackers.net/search/label/bedroom?updated-max=2012-09-20T16:18:00-04:00&max-results=20&start=60&by-date=false

I think it'll look fantastic! G'luck!

Hi greglhc,

are you planning to do an Ikea hack like this - http://www.ikeahackers.net/search/label/bedroom?updated-max=2012-09-20T16:18:00-04:00&max-results=20&start=60&by-date=false

I think it'll look fantastic! G'luck!

Ya something like that although I won't use an additional panel to mount since the thickness of the picture frame fits perfectly. Will mount on wall.

Taobao stuff has finally arrived! 3 days earlier than expected. I told them to deliver next week.

Bought quite a bit of stuff from taobao, hope the quality is good and no breakages.

A sample of some of the items I bought:

Kitchen sink, stainless steel, thickness 1.2mm

TBKitchenSSSink_zps27781612.jpg

Kitchen mixer to go along with sink

TBKitchenMixer_zps77f0e604.jpg

Sink for toilet. It was only 55 bucks excl shipping. Don't think it's kohler though lol

TBBathroomUndermountSink_zpsea073fe8.jpg

Stainless steel floor trap. I regret making this purchase as it arrived too late. Anyone interested in buying from me?

TBSSFloorTrap_zpsc96a0298.jpg

Industrial octopus chandelier for living room

TBOctopusIndustrialChandelier_zpsa56ab5b

Tolix chairs for dining area. Distressed black. Very common in cafes/F&B places now.

TBTolixChair_zps512c9ec7.jpg

Caged light bulbs. It was really cheap. Could not say no.

TBCagedBulb_zps618b9553.jpg

A rather whimsical caged light bulb. Might not go with my theme exactly but planning to suspend over the bedside table.

TBMidlandCagedBulb_zps9b7c3752.jpg

Will post reviews of these items once I unbox them next week!