Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Jnohclee

Our Hweeyooooh Renovation

Work has stopped a while. Making me quite sad as seeing the reno so close to completion but deadline like getting further. So frustrating. :(

Our id has also placed our mbr vanity sink quite low. We went to the house at night and were quite surprised at the height. It seems like a primary school sink. Id was v cool about adjusting it , but it means that we would have to wait even longer for it to be completed.

Bummers...........

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Picture2267_zpsf8a6aa41.jpg

So here is the picture of the primary school height vanity. :(

Would have to bend over to wash my hand.....and im not even tall.......

Picture2280_zps4e9e7e78.jpg

Storeroom door under staircase pending change.

The white laminate has always sticked out like a sore thumb. And oddly , the door doesnt flush nicely against the wall as can be seen from the gap on both ends.

Picture2261_zpsda3a567d.jpg

New MBR's wall finally flushed. Originally had a small recess so if i placed my bed there , there will be a gap on one side.

Picture2259_zps71bef2b0.jpg

Handrail installed for the stair case. Happy with the color of the wood ! So we requested for the color to be retained and to just leave a coat of protective varnish that doesnt gloss.

hahaha omg, the toilet cabinet ... gosh can use for preschoolers.

like the staircase hand guard wood color!

Edited by lala81

That sink height would drive me crazy! On the up side, changing the height should be relatively simple and won't take more than half a day I reckon.

looking good!

Thanks vanessa! have been silently following your progress and your house looks fantastic!! dream kitchen. i think my wife is drooling already.

hahaha omg, the toilet cabinet ... gosh can use for preschoolers.

like the staircase hand guard wood color!

thanks lala . we like the color too so we are thinking of keeping the color without staining and to just apply a coat of matt varnish or protection. (dunno what the carpenter was saying). i like your idea of the very thin false ceiling! should have done it for my place.now we have a problem with the lightings :(

That sink height would drive me crazy! On the up side, changing the height should be relatively simple and won't take more than half a day I reckon.

haha , our id said it is a small issue too. but quite bummed as it was pretty obvious that the height is not exactly suited for an adult , so why do it in the first place ? oh well...

did you hack the bedroom upstairs for more light? And the previous owner has glass staircase for you already? thanks

Hi pokz1981 , yes we hacked the previous masterbedroom wall and made it into a window.

The previous owner has also installed a glass staircase for us. But we installed the rails ourselves as we were afraid of our parents slipping without a handrail.

Your house condition is great, you are so lucky

Thanks soonliew! yes the house condition is quite good but we still itchy finger and decided to do some renovations to it

No not itchy finger, you are changing good to perfect. Lol

Haha hope we don't screw it up cos i am so fickle-minded about stuff and have such a bad taste in co-ordinating colors ..... and furniture.....and decor.....

So they have just installed the iQuartz for our bar counter. Loving the iQuartz....but not very happy with the whole look. Seems a little too 'flat' as everything is black from the quartztop to the laminate. Not happy ..... thinking of changing the laminates to a wooden grain one. What do you guys think?

Picture2329_zpse19b232b.jpg

The iquartz w the laminate

Picture2330_zpsf33eae33.jpg

Close up of the iQuartz. I like the quartz itself.

Picture2331_zps7d1832ea.jpg

Their brand name that they stuck on the quartz.....Odd..... :dunno:

Picture2342_zps33b8ac23.jpg

This is how it looks like completed with the black reflective glass. So basically on top it is a black glass , followed by a black iQuartz and then the whole wooden frame is covered with black laminate.

Didnt seem like such a bad idea then but now that it is fixed up , it looks kinda .... i don't know how to put it.... not nice?

Edited by Jnohclee

On a brighter note , the carpenters came over the weekend and fixed up quite a number of stuff.

Now we can see how the window will fit :thumbs up:

Picture2332_zps5112a750.jpg

The view of the window frame from the staircase.

Picture2334_zps3e024e08.jpg

How it looks like from inside the room. and yes that is the carpenter measuring the length for the wood trimmings.

Picture2337_zps59a58e79.jpg

And this is how our wardrobe doors will look like. This will be mine.....a little small

Picture2350_zpsd146f627.jpg

This will belong to my lovely wife's! This is just a portion of her wardrobe.

And her favourite part.......

Picture2339_zps00cdd182.jpg

This HUGE , full height mirror!!

:good::thumbs up:

Picture2341_zps2437767b.jpg

Our poor carpenter painstakingly measuring , cutting , glueing and nailing this thing together.....

Picture2343_zpsd46d2a3d.jpg

This took nearly an hour!!

Picture2346_zps89d3cf03.jpg

More work done by carpenter! :good:

Edited by Jnohclee