Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sleepybeauty

My Dark, Industrial-Style Apartment

yeaa...i think she is worried we will leave her behind..LOL

hahaha.. poor kid! i still haven't got the time to get my dogs' portrait done up! need to get down to choosing the picture first...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hahaha.. poor kid! i still haven't got the time to get my dogs' portrait done up! need to get down to choosing the picture first...

slowly...and you can send eve options...and she can make suggestions.. :)

things are moving at a faster pace now.. alot of decisions to be made.. alot of nitty gritty things to take care of... wish i could leave office now hahaha

so my dilemma on whether to keep the top of the wardrobe boxed-up had come to a conclusion... ID confirmed that they can't removed the panel so means i have no choice to keep it boxed up. so just move on...

next, deciding which ventilating fan to use for the bathrooms... as my unit is on the ground floor, the downside is that i won't be able to open up the windows cos people will be able to peep in! so the solution will be to install ceiling mount ventilating fan on my false ceiling in the bathroom.

ID proposed to me to use this model from KDK ~ 20CQT1

gallery_47921_112_10144.jpg

I checked the website and the recommended retail price is $55 excluding GST... ID quoted a price higher thus i decided to outsource it and managed to get it at $59 nett inclusive of delivery :) small savings on 2 units but still savings right?

Edited by sleepybeauty

things are moving at a faster pace now.. alot of decisions to be made.. alot of nitty gritty things to take care of... wish i could leave office now hahaha

so my dilemma on whether to keep the top of the wardrobe boxed-up had come to a conclusion... ID confirmed that they can't removed the panel so means i have no choice to keep it boxed up. so just move on...

next, deciding which ventilating fan to use for the bathrooms... as my unit is on the ground floor, the downside is that i won't be able to open up the windows cos people will be able to peep in! so the solution will be to install ceiling mount ventilating fan on my false ceiling in the bathroom.

ID proposed to me to use this model from KDK ~ 20CQT1

gallery_47921_112_10144.jpg

I checked the website and the recommended retail price is $55 excluding GST... ID quoted a price higher thus i decided to outsource it and managed to get it at $59 nett inclusive of delivery :) small savings on 2 units but still savings right?

Just to share, i too thought that purchasing it outside will help save money, do remember to ask how much installation cost is...i did the math and realised that i would be saving only a couple of bucks if i bought it on my own. Once i factored in time and gas money, it wasn't worth it. Just sharing :)

Just to share, i too thought that purchasing it outside will help save money, do remember to ask how much installation cost is...i did the math and realised that i would be saving only a couple of bucks if i bought it on my own. Once i factored in time and gas money, it wasn't worth it. Just sharing :)

hmm.. i think my ID will install for me as part of the plan... cos i already specified that i need to install ventilation fans initially.

what! you have been peeping in! hahahahaha

glad that you think it's nice :) still counting the days to graduation!

Hey, i dont think i am the only peeping Tom :) when i drove past just now, i saw a lot of people looking into your unit ! is really coming together very nicely !

Hey, i dont think i am the only peeping Tom :) when i drove past just now, i saw a lot of people looking into your unit ! is really coming together very nicely !

haha sorry for late reply.. been very busy lately...

hehe u knw im just joking right? im sure alot of ppl are peeping in since im on the ground floor... thanks for ur compliments on my unit! still counting down to completion... alot of outstanding issues to handle :(

I was tempted too since there are legit legrand tmall sellers on tb. However a search on renotalk yielded someone's difficulty as the switches are apparently different from local ones. He had to troubleshoot with his electrician. Perhaps it is electrician dependent.

I also bought a couple of multi switch compatible wall sockets. My understanding is that it's not allowed in Singapore so hdb owners prob can't.

They're about 3-4 times more ex than regular wall sockets FYI.

What?? Why is it not allowed in Singapore?? Another silly rule by the HDB.

What?? Why is it not allowed in Singapore?? Another silly rule by the HDB.

The guy who sold me the switches told me they are not certified safe for use in singapore or something.

You know there's this sticker for all electrical type items we buy here? Basically this one don't have.

Anyway I installed a couple at my place. Lol

10292452705_3bdde3c297.jpg

10292576543_057b6d4982.jpg

10292468085_d96f341a4f.jpg

10292445446_48c4701c57.jpg

Hi Sleepybeauty,

Can i know if there is any laminate underneath your suspended kitchen cabinet? All my suspended cabinet doesnt come with laminate underneath. And it is pretty obvious for my shoe cabinet as it was mounted higher than usual. Appreciate any advice.

hi bettarism,

sorry for the late reply... been out of town for work and haven't been logging in to update.

For my suspended kitchen cabinet, the bottom part part is tiled with the floor tile actually.. i snapped a picture to show you but no chance to upload it yet... will upload later if possible... office pc can't access to flickr :(

still haven't got a chance to access my flickr account to upload more pics .. meanwhile i need all the help i can get for the following ceiling light (preferably LED version with the halogen effect - kinda like spot light effect):

gallery_47921_10_1378.jpg

has anyone come across this or currently using such lights? would welcome any suggestions on where i could get it... been down to a few shops in balestier and geylang... nothing very close to what i want though. Thanks in advance!

Edited by sleepybeauty

ur place is looking great! looking forward to the finish product.

saw the question posted by monster beng on the lights being able to fit led bulbs. I did try buy they were too big to fit in so I ended up w energy saving small ones. late reply on this but hope it helps!