Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sleepybeauty

My Dark, Industrial-Style Apartment

The renovation is finally coming to an end... pardon the lack of new pictures as the contractor is busy doing all the touch-ups and stuff.

So it's time for me to get busy and get the outdoor decking sorted out. After scouring the net for more info on the various wood decking options available, I must say that it gets more confusing as one goes along.

some info available on the different wood options for outdoor decking are as follows:

http://www.evorich.com.sg/readmore_detail.aspx?id=18 - info on chengal wood, iron-wood & balau wood

http://www.wooddoctor.com.sg/Home.html - info on HEVEATECH eco-friendly wood

After meeting various suppliers for the timber decking, I must say i am sold on the idea of the HEVEATECH wood decking based on the following points:

- 25 years structural warranty
- Lifetime warranty against termites attack

- Heveatech features up to 50% less expansion and contraction compared to solid Chengal
- Eco-friendly: Different from trees specially planted and felled for commercial purposes, Heveatech is made from reclaimed plantation-grown timber, namely 25 to 30 year old Hevea (rubber) trees that have reach the end of its latex-producing lifespan

As for price-wise, prices for heveatech, chengal, iron-wood and african exotic wood are pretty close thus it makes the decision -making factor so tough. Given the above benefits of the heveatech, i hope that i am making the right decision to use that for my patio. It helps that the price fits my tight budget (i have a large patio of ard 200 sq ft).

Here are some pics of the decking which had been installed using Heveatech:
(pics from WOOD DOCTOR)

11059654125_f46f00f6b6.jpg

11059779314_99acf0576c.jpg

11059747686_96bfddcfd7.jpg

Looks pretty good i must say.. hopefully they will do a good job for me as well! I was presented with the color board to choose for my deck, i think i would go for No.3 (which is the same as the pics above). Safe choice i reckon? No.4 would be too dark ?

11058970134_ea4fcfc249.jpg

Edited by sleepybeauty

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

random postings of the kitchen cabinets

11067354415_9abef76a04.jpg

11067518953_18678a9f18.jpg

managed to fit the microwave fitted by developer into the tall boy cabinet & kept it hidden

11067513343_9493c03efd.jpg

Just need to remove the stainless steel frame around the microwave as the microwave is supposed to be built-in type, now it became standalone microwave! thanks to a friend from HN who gave me the suggestion :)

11067797493_f5a578e37a.jpg

The drawers are beautifully done with matching internal lining

11067351235_389edb3188.jpg

Edited by sleepybeauty

found an interesting video on youtube that compares the different brands of vacuum cleaner haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kes8J9Hc0uk

makes me all the more determine to purchase a new vacuum cleaner! I'm currently using a dyson but it's rather old and the telescopic tool needs to be replaced (or maybe just finding fault with it so that i could get a new one). saw the miele S8 and i was pretty attracted to it...

11084688155_57a61f9b3f.jpg

don't get me wrong, it's not just about the looks.. but i have been hearing great reviews on miele's products and thought maybe it's time to give it a shot hehehe. do you know that the handle comes with spotlight? how cool is that! I'm impressed!!!

Edited by sleepybeauty

one more week to shifting!

been spending the weekend at the new apt waiting for bed delivery, mattress delivery, installation of the CCTV, installation of store-room shelves, etc etc…all i can say is… 好累啊!

anyway just quick updates and let the pics do the talking instead:

quirky moustache door-mat

11151066834_cd834fbf75.jpg

Bar area filled with alcohol, the BF is very happy man!11133232443_72dae298c5.jpg

The nescafe gusto coffee machine, compliments from amex card… hehe

11151181413_eba535c955.jpg

Tv wall-mounted inside the MBR, just an old 40inch LCD TV. costs $40 to get it mounted professionally

11133307834_287f069772.jpg

The bed frame being fixed up by the guys from AIR and they are very nice to help me wrapped up the bed-head

again after fixing up cos i need my contractor to do some touchups on paintwork

11133264946_423101833f.jpg

Edited by sleepybeauty

• Like 1

One of my biggest complain of this reno is the lousy paintwork done by the contractor. i have been getting them to fix up the paintwork again and again until I'm getting very sick of pointing out the unsatisfactory work done.. sigh

Is it me who is too critical of the work or is this really shabby work In your opinion?

It drives me nuts to have to ask them to rework on the paintwork and i even suggested to the contractor that they probably should change the painter. No offense, but the old uncle who is doing the painting no doubt is hardworking but i think his eyesight is failing… how could he think that i wouldn't be able to see the shabby paint job that is being done?

11133238143_38d8a0e707.jpg

11133073365_09790e511a.jpg

11133255433_7323e533d3.jpg

11133258923_35e65a9bc5.jpg

11154305826_b79d603e5d.jpg

Edited by sleepybeauty

one more week to shifting!

been spending the weekend at the new apt waiting for bed delivery, mattress delivery, installation of the CCTV, installation of store-room shelves, etc etc…all i can say is… 好累啊!

anyway just quick updates and let the pics do the talking instead:

quirky moustache door-mat

11151066834_cd834fbf75.jpg

Bar area filled with alcohol, the BF is very happy man!11133232443_72dae298c5.jpg

The nescafe gusto coffee machine, compliments from amex card… hehe

11151181413_eba535c955.jpg

Tv wall-mounted inside the MBR, just an old 40inch LCD TV. costs $40 to get it mounted professionally

11133307834_287f069772.jpg

The bed frame being fixed up by the guys from AIR and they are very nice to help me wrapped up the bed-head

again after fixing up cos i need my contractor to do some touchups on paintwork

11133264946_423101833f.jpg

Hi there,

Your place is really coming together nicely!! :good:

May i know where you got the bed from? Mid sharing the price with me?

Thanks !

it has been raining for the past few days and i was afraid that my outdoor decking project couldn't be completed on time…thank god i think it's finally completed today!

i haven't seen the final product yet but it'd better turn out to be good… can't wait to head down on-site tomorrow

(pic took on tues evening - day 2)

11188824393_d1c558124e.jpg

On the safe side, i actually changed the astroturf installation project from thursday to saturday.. i was afraid that the decking project couldn't be completed on time as the varnish gotta be fully dried. So much for my worries as the decking was completed today as per schedule.

oh yes, i finally purchased my 'centerpiece' light for the kitchen island area over the last weekend! YAY! the electrician fixed it up yesterday and it's gorgeous IMO… my ID wasn't too keen on it initially as he thinks it's too girlish hehe.. anyway, it's been set in stone… the light has been fixed up and there's no turning back!

11207910564_2b14cece59.jpg

\

11207898895_815deae5fd.jpg

THE ROPE IS THE KEY!

11207905304_5feec03424.jpg

11208012193_5287d54815.jpg

So my next task is to go to the hardware shop to find some rope and tie it to the lamp…loving it!

Edited by sleepybeauty

Hi dear, Nice place!! One of the nicest design I've seen. Is this a BTO or EC? Mind sharing your ID contact with me please? Thank you!!

hello, thanks for the compliments :) it's actually a condo... i will pm you

The rope really makes a difference!

Are you going to remove the black chain and replace entirely with rope?

I'm curious where to buy this sort of thick rope. Do keep us updated!

The rope really makes a difference!

Are you going to remove the black chain and replace entirely with rope?

I'm curious where to buy this sort of thick rope. Do keep us updated!

oh yes.. the rope is very crucial.. it makes / breaks the whole look... the shop supposed to give me the rope (out of goodwill) but i guess they forgot to send it together when they did the delivery.. just called them up to check if i could still have the rope hehehe

i don't think i will remove the chain as it acts as a support, think will find a way to tie the rope around the chain.. the rope should just be for decor only...will post up pics of the finished product!

Edited by sleepybeauty