Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sleepybeauty

My Dark, Industrial-Style Apartment

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I'm thinking of buying those Legrand socket outlets which is multi-standard. Reason being i find plugging in those adaptor for two pin switches a pain and unsightly. Anyone knows if it's possible?

u did have a very valid point.. i shall check with my ID if it's possible to do that too! thanks for the idea ;)

u did have a very valid point.. i shall check with my ID if it's possible to do that too! thanks for the idea ;)

Hahaha no problem. Please share with us what the ID says... ^^

No one bought switches from Taobao? I found the model I wanted and it was 50% off the price you see locally!

I was tempted too since there are legit legrand tmall sellers on tb. However a search on renotalk yielded someone's difficulty as the switches are apparently different from local ones. He had to troubleshoot with his electrician. Perhaps it is electrician dependent.

I also bought a couple of multi switch compatible wall sockets. My understanding is that it's not allowed in Singapore so hdb owners prob can't.

They're about 3-4 times more ex than regular wall sockets FYI.

greg, thanks for the info once again.. humph... 3 to 4x more expensive huh... i guess if i could use the multi socket in my apartment, i will use it sparingly (ie. 1 for every room or something or only at places where i deem important)... will check with ID first anyway

Headed down on-site again today to drop off some stuff and was pleased to see that the carpentry works are almost 80% done.

One dilemma though, i'm thinking if i should leave the top of the wardrobe boxed up (as per the pics below - the beige part) or should i do away with the panel and leave the top of the wardrobe with empty space so that i can have more storage? The distance of the top of the wardrobe to the ceiling is ard 35cm. The ID is saying that it would be neater to have it boxed up which i do agree as well... so it's aesthetics vs functionality ! What do you guys think?

walk-in is almost fully done up (except the internal fittings):

10288783143_0e6b5b015a.jpg

10288562464_182d38b98b.jpg

10288657876_5950f9b6a8.jpg

The accessories display drawers + dresser:

10288557154_3500cbb6ef.jpg

more progress on the kitchen carpentry ~

10292569613_a97476853e.jpg

Edited by sleepybeauty

thanks van! Your place looks good too! how's scott settling in so far?

She is still figuring out the place...don't think she realises this is her new home...she is still a little cautious...

Hey dear, your place is really very very nice ! much nicer then what i was able to peep from outside.. ha haaaa :)

what! you have been peeping in! hahahahaha

glad that you think it's nice :) still counting the days to graduation!

She is still figuring out the place...don't think she realises this is her new home...she is still a little cautious...

i think she will need a little more time.. just make sure her usual toys / beddings from the old place are in the new house as well...

i think she will need a little more time.. just make sure her usual toys / beddings from the old place are in the new house as well...

yeaa...i think she is worried we will leave her behind..LOL