Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sleepybeauty

My Dark, Industrial-Style Apartment

This post should be pinned! I expect an exodus of hansgrohe faucets to be purchased from amazon following this post. Heh

tell me about it.. i just purchased mine after bettarism's info.. and i think there's only 2 left now ... when i was looking at it few weeks ago.. they have like 6-7 pieces!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

wow.. it's been so long since my last update... nothing much is happening and i haven't been down onsite as well...

the only piece of good news i get so far... carpentry targeting to be in on 10 or 11 October! YAY!

YAY! :) That is next week!!

yesh! tats the only good piece of news so far...
i have been busy mourning the loss of my watch and bracelet :(
Edited by sleepybeauty

tell me about it.. i just purchased mine after bettarism's info.. and i think there's only 2 left now ... when i was looking at it few weeks ago.. they have like 6-7 pieces!

Hi Sleepybeauty, which hansgrohe faucet have you bought? Also, is this connector also applicable for their bathroom faucets?

Hi Sleepybeauty, which hansgrohe faucet have you bought? Also, is this connector also applicable for their bathroom faucets?

hi blackpeace, i bought this faucet for my kitchen and still waiting for the delivery from amazon:

9653256212_c5ef193d25.jpg

as for the connector, i'm asking my ID to go to the place recommended by bettarism to get it for me... i doubt they went to purchase it yet. as for whether if it's suitable for the bathroom faucets, i'm sorry i can't advise you becos' im not changing my existing bathroom faucets at my place. maybe you can try to see if there's any difference in the faucet and call up hansgrohe shop to find out?

Edited by sleepybeauty

received a call from ID's assistant that the painting for the MBR has been done! can't wait to head down to take a look as I'm quite worried that it will turn out to be a little too dark.

anyway, the colors chosen for the apt are pretty dark.. hence the t-blog title! keeping my fingers crossed on how it will turn out....

the color samples are below:

living room color - NOBLE GREY

MBR color - GRANITE

9897462635_aebb0aed8d.jpg

close up of the living room color (noble grey)

9897612663_3c9024e12d.jpg

think it's not very accurate though.. due to the lighting i guess... *anxious

Edited by sleepybeauty

Hi neighbour :)

I think grey is fine for our place as our rooms are rather bright. I have also painted my master bedroom grey and it looks good. so not to worry :) BTW, I am moving in next week :) yah !!!!! see you around !

Got the connectors from Able Hydraulic and Industrial Supply (Ubi) recommended by bro Snuffles.

Just a simple 2 way copper connectors fixed to the end of the 2 mixer tube.

Delivery from Amazon was fast too. I got my hansgrohe faucet within a week.

Really thanks for the info... My plumber told me that the kraus faucet I bought from Amazon cannot be installed as the thread size is smaller He went to Sim siang Choon but could not find the right connector... Then I remembered this thread and went down to the shop today and manage to get he connector...

Plumber installed my amazon hansgrohe kitchen faucet. No issue at all. ; )

Really thanks for the info... My plumber told me that the kraus faucet I bought from Amazon cannot be installed as the thread size is smaller He went to Sim siang Choon but could not find the right connector... Then I remembered this thread and went down to the shop today and manage to get he connector...

oh yes.. must really thank all the fellow forummers here for being so helpful and provide us with all the lobangs!

received my parcel from amazon yesterday but haven't unbox it!

10080212554_4eae416434.jpg

head down onsite today for a quick look and painting for MBR and WIW are more or less done...

Wall for TV in MBR:

10080330533_b0d43668dd.jpg

View of the WIW from MBR (the doors not up yet):

10080269586_d46a2e762b.jpg
Walk-in wardrobe space:
10080188824_839f74b2d7.jpg
Edited by sleepybeauty

can't wait for the carpentry to be done as now I can't see much things done onsite but contractor confirmed that the carpentry will be in next thursday!

they will be doing one round of washing tomorrow in preparation for the carpentry to come in ... guess i just have to be patient and wait till next week to be able to see more action.

so far, the following are being planned:

10 oct - carpentry delivery

11 oct - delivery of built-in appliances to new place

12 oct - shifting the stuff out from the warehouse to new place (to save warehousing costs)

was just looking through the 3D renderings and realised that the painting in the WIW will not be seen at all! It will all be covered by the carpentry work hahahha

just a preview of the WIW:

10080448376_c6fb016074.jpg

10080506593_a1bc249d6d.jpg

10080447576_c1b642f39e.jpg
Edited by sleepybeauty

Although the paint will be covered by the wiw, I really like the grey! Heh

Thanks greg! i was initially worried about the grey.. but after seeing it onsite.. i think it should pull the whole look together.. keeping fingers crossed again as usual!