Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sleepybeauty

My Dark, Industrial-Style Apartment

Global free shipping...i ordered the collander in that blog post, the faucet and a magnetic wall mounted knife holder :)

What did Customer Service say?

customer service just say no free shipping... pffffff....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Have the 2 of you tried installing the kitchen faucet from amazon yet? Was told that US taps use a different fitting from the rest of the world and cannot be fitted in sg. Did you all come across that issue during installation?

Have the 2 of you tried installing the kitchen faucet from amazon yet? Was told that US taps use a different fitting from the rest of the world and cannot be fitted in sg. Did you all come across that issue during installation?

hi slicer,

i haven't bought the faucet yet as i heard about the same problem as well.. not sure how true.. but im looking to get the hansgrohe faucet so i wonder if it's standarised worldwide ... sorry i couldn't help you on that... if i managed to find out, will post up the reply here.

I think it's different. I have been looking at this previously and realise US hansgrohe model number always have a 1 behind compared to the rest of the world

I have heard from several different people that US facuets are different in terms of the thread size. In fact my contractor just brought it up yesterday when he saw my taobao faucet.

Searching through the threads in renotalk yields this http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/59385-usa-kitchen-faucet-thread-size-not-correctly/?hl=%2Bkitchen+%2Bfaucet+%2Binstall

At least there's an adaptor that can rectify it. But they never say where to buy in Sg.

I think it's different. I have been looking at this previously and realise US hansgrohe model number always have a 1 behind compared to the rest of the world

I have heard from several different people that US facuets are different in terms of the thread size. In fact my contractor just brought it up yesterday when he saw my taobao faucet.

Searching through the threads in renotalk yields this http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/59385-usa-kitchen-faucet-thread-size-not-correctly/?hl=%2Bkitchen+%2Bfaucet+%2Binstall

At least there's an adaptor that can rectify it. But they never say where to buy in Sg.

i managed to call up hansgrohe to check... the guy told me that the US faucet connector is smaller than singapore thus need to get a connector (available from hardware shop he said) .. the connector will be one side 1/2 inch, the other other side will be 3/4 inch. Hope these information helps! i shall attempt to go to the hardware shop to find this connector before i buy the faucet online... keep u guys posted!

Edited by sleepybeauty

I tried comparing the detail specifications of both local and US hansgrohe sets (same model no.). It seems to be the same. Maybe someone who has bought from Amazon can share more? The free shipping to Singapore is attractive!

I tried comparing the detail specifications of both local and US hansgrohe sets (same model no.). It seems to be the same. Maybe someone who has bought from Amazon can share more? The free shipping to Singapore is attractive!

Avoid taps from amazon, the thread sizes are different from local connectors. And its not that easy to find the connectors from typical hardware shops...

I heard from plumbers mentioning hansgrohe or grohe local stores able to assist with it, but dunnoe much with rgd the charges on their end.

Alternatively, u may consider hansgrohe from europe (iceprice / insani), guess some other members bought from there previously and have hassle-free installation, u may search and check out with them...

Hope this do clarify.

btw, the free shipping does not apply to the hansgrohe faucet on amazon.. i double-checked with their customer service twice and they said it's not eligible for free shipping...booohooooo

Avoid taps from amazon, the thread sizes are different from local connectors. And its not that easy to find the connectors from typical hardware shops...

I heard from plumbers mentioning hansgrohe or grohe local stores able to assist with it, but dunnoe much with rgd the charges on their end.

Alternatively, u may consider hansgrohe from europe (iceprice / insani), guess some other members bought from there previously and have hassle-free installation, u may search and check out with them...

Hope this do clarify.

hmm, thanks for the tip off... but i already called hansgrohe but the guy said that they do not sell the connector for the faucet. anyway i guess i will go search for the connector before committing to get the faucet from amazon.

the european website that sells hansgrohe / grohe faucets are selling it at a much higher price.. the savings are not as fantastic compared to amazon :(

just ONE update of the reno works: KITCHEN FLOORING COMPLETED FINALLY!

9692802770_f91ebedc61.jpg

Next week shall be carpentry week... can't wait for the kitchen to be up!

Meanwhile, went to do more furniture shopping and spotted this dining table from Galanga Living ... shall be shortlisting it to be used as my outdoor (but sheltered) dining set.. hopefully it can withstand the Sg weather!

9682989215_0f7ec2d48b.jpg

Edited by sleepybeauty