Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sleepybeauty

My Dark, Industrial-Style Apartment

Hi Sleeping beauty,

I am not doing major reno.. will be re-tiling my balcony tiles, change the shoe cabinets doors, hv a brick wall **** and some carpentry for dining and the rooms. how about yourself? you going with id or contractor?

hi orange88,

i'm doing major reno since i hacked away the kitchen/dining wall to make space for an open kitchen. Which means im redoing all the kitchen cabinets and flooring and fitting new kitchen appliances as well. One of the bedroom will be incorporated into master bedroom but will be a seperate walk-in wardrobe + dresser. The other bedroom is kept more or less in it's original state as i intend to keep it as a spare guest room.

I intend to relocate my dining area to the outdoor patio when there are friends over. Otherwise, my kitchen island should serve me well as indoor dining for up to 4 guests (seated) and should still have enough standing space for more people to hang out around the island.

I have engaged an ID to handle the designing and renovation because i don't have alot of time to do the co-ordination and sourcing of stuff.

Have you bought all the furniture needed? seems like you are doing the industrial / scandinavian look since u are doing a brick wall in your apartment... i'm still deciding on the brick wall concept as it seems that many many ppl are adopting that look too :unsure: My ID suggested other ways of doing up the wall feature so let's see how it goes... :P

Edited by sleepybeauty

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Really like the theme of grey, wood grain and stainless steel. Wanted stainless steel doors for kitchen cabinets to really bring out the industrial-ness but had difficulty implementing.

Option 2 for the pendant lamp definitely! Option 1 is more modern contemporary in my opinion and option 3 is not as interesting visually as option 2

Really like the theme of grey, wood grain and stainless steel. Wanted stainless steel doors for kitchen cabinets to really bring out the industrial-ness but had difficulty implementing.

Option 2 for the pendant lamp definitely! Option 1 is more modern contemporary in my opinion and option 3 is not as interesting visually as option 2

thanks for ur input greglhc! shall wait and see what my ID suggest as well... and push some ideas to him too...hehe

Edited by sleepybeauty

Need some ideas on pendent light ... sort of like a centrepiece over my kitchen island.

Option 2 for the island light! It will help anchor the island area! :)

I have been scouting on the net and found a few that suits the industrial theme (although mine is not the raw industrial style). The colour theme used for my kitchen are mainly grey, wood grains & stainless steel.

The 3D rendering of how my kitchen should look like:

gallery_47921_112_172695.jpg

option 1:

gallery_47921_112_9093.jpg

option 2:

gallery_47921_112_79563.jpg

option 3:

gallery_47921_112_5134.jpg

feel free to comment and give me more ideas! appreciate that in advance :help:

I vote 2 or 3! Though I prefer 2 like greglhc. 1 is too cluttered looking for my taste.

Need some ideas on pendent light ... sort of like a centrepiece over my kitchen island.

Option 2 for the island light! It will help anchor the island area! :)

I have been scouting on the net and found a few that suits the industrial theme (although mine is not the raw industrial style). The colour theme used for my kitchen are mainly grey, wood grains & stainless steel.

The 3D rendering of how my kitchen should look like:

gallery_47921_112_172695.jpg

option 1:

gallery_47921_112_9093.jpg

option 2:

gallery_47921_112_79563.jpg

option 3:

gallery_47921_112_5134.jpg

feel free to comment and give me more ideas! appreciate that in advance :help:

Thanks Vanessa & razzberrie for your vote... so seems like option 2 is the most popular & suitable so far... been trying to find similar ones on taobao and tryg to learn how to shop on taobao too! so glad that i am able to learn so many things through this renotalk forum and makes my reno experience more enjoyable!

Edited by sleepybeauty

Hi Sleepybeauty,

Greg bought something similar to option 2 from taobao:

http://a.m.taobao.com/i19182618538.htm

together with other industrial style lightings. He did a very useful writeup a week ago about

Taobao shopping that got me interested too. stalk his blog lol

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/61629-industrial-loft-concept-bachelor-pad/page-3

I made my first taobao purchase this week together with him and oldskool. Thanks oldskool

for coordinating the joint purchase! :)

Morning :) eh, i have no idea what's my house's theme.. I told my id mine is rojak theme . haaaaa.. A bit of vintage, a bit of scandinavian and a bit of rustic. just hope all will turn out well.

Hi Sleepybeauty,

Greg bought something similar to option 2 from taobao:

http://a.m.taobao.com/i19182618538.htm

together with other industrial style lightings. He did a very useful writeup a week ago about

Taobao shopping that got me interested too. stalk his blog lol

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/61629-industrial-loft-concept-bachelor-pad/page-3

I made my first taobao purchase this week together with him and oldskool. Thanks oldskool

for coordinating the joint purchase! :)

Hi sarah,

thanks for directing me to greg's t-Blog hehee... looks like it's gonna keep me busy for this weekend doing my TB's research! Do u have a t-blog too for your house reno? Do keep me posted how soon u receive your TB's purchases...

Hi Sleepy.

You are welcoome ! :) Greg received his lightings last week and unboxing soon. He said he will write some reviews!

I dont have a blog but I posted some random shots on Flckr :) My theme is rojak too lol. Result of trying to save cost by reusing some of the furnitures and furnishings from my old place, and new purchases of brand new and second-hand items.

Edited by sarah833

Hi Sleepy.

You are welcoome ! :) Greg received his lightings last week and unboxing soon. He said he will write some reviews!

I dont have a blog but I posted some random shots on Flckr :) My theme is rojak too lol. Result of trying to save cost by reusing some of the furnitures and furnishings from my old place, and new purchases of brand new and second-hand items.

Hi sarah,

don't worry too much being rojak theme cos i think it's actually quite hard to fully execute 100% to a specific theme ...

by the way, im pretty new to this t-blog thing.. does anyone have any idea how i can upload more pictures? can i set up a new album in the gallery option or i have to use external photo storage website like flickr or smthg?

Edited by sleepybeauty

so anyway, managed to upload more pictures using some other category option within the album... grrr... this t-blog is kinda tough to handle! hehe

i'm not sure im sticking to the whole industrial theme but i kinda like this look for the bedroom but probably going for the darker color scheme rather than white since the actual bed frame i bought is in grey

gallery_47921_10_9715.jpg[/

i have been shopping around for a nice bedframe and finally found this!

gallery_47921_10_37172.jpg

** pardon the purple-ish tone due to the lighting cube at the side of the bed

the close up view of the bed frame:

gallery_47921_10_170469.jpg

I think the challenge for me now is to find nice bedside table for this bed :idea:

Edited by sleepybeauty

haha I like a bit of everything so rojak theme suits me! A german friend described my place as modern french +scandinavian,? a singaporean called it eclectic. I just called it rojak lol.

My old place is contemporary/loft style with cement screed walls at the dining area and big open space with glass divider and glass door between the bedroom and the big living room, dining area and kitchen. My taste changed a little over the years and I am into old and new things, and colors now

Edited by sarah833