Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sleepybeauty

My Dark, Industrial-Style Apartment

We used quartz aspen for our counter top - marble look alike yet not porous. No stain and scratches. So far been good and loving it!

thanks for the info.. your feedback prompted me to read through your whole reno process! nice cosy place you've got there.. will be exploring the quartz option with my ID again... btw, did you source the aeon lights on your own or via your ID? cos' my ID is gonna fit the same LED lights for my place too... mind sharing with me how much did you pay per downlight, etc? just wanna compare prices hehehe

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

After much thought, finally decide to purchased this over the weekend:

gallery_47921_7_39897.jpg

Italian brand FOSTER kitchen sink for only $788 (after 20% discount from kitchen culture) ! hooray! love the straight edge that makes it look so sleek!

Edited by sleepybeauty

Back to house reno, since i sort of incorporate the walk-in wardrobe as part of my master bedroom, the ID had to redo part of the walkway that's outside the master bedroom + guest room 1 to be the same..

9711043035_4e27d0e197.jpg

View from MBR to the WIW

9711035249_8f7f431652.jpg

View from WIW to the MBR

9711033917_44e56e7c2a.jpg

Still feeling nervous about how the whole place will turn out.. keeping fingers crossed x

As i'm on the ground floor, security issues had been raised up by the bf and we decided to install CCTV at the patio area just to be extra safe... does anyone has any recommendations for reasonably priced CCTV system suitable for outdoor usage?

Just to side track a little, been scouting for some sleek looking Smart doorlock and i guess the 2 top brands should be samsung and YALE? Think me and the bf will be settling for the YALE lock as it's cheaper and looks pretty okish.. i think function wise both should be on par..

THE GATEMAN S10

9711032743_6c7840b82d.jpg

Edited by sleepybeauty

Hey,

Though we have the same layout, i couldnt figure out where did you shift your masterbed room door to.. haa haa. you hacked away the room next to the toilet or the one opposite the toilet?

Regards to the lock, did you receive the lock promotion in your mailbox? I remember seeing that but have no idea where i had kept it, Am also thinking of getting a keyless lock.

Hey,

Though we have the same layout, i couldnt figure out where did you shift your masterbed room door to.. haa haa. you hacked away the room next to the toilet or the one opposite the toilet?

Regards to the lock, did you receive the lock promotion in your mailbox? I remember seeing that but have no idea where i had kept it, Am also thinking of getting a keyless lock.

a picture speaks a thousand words.. hahhahaha show u the layout plan.. probably u will undstd better?

9719245954_147d7ca2d3.jpg

so basically i'm bringing the entrance of the MBR to before the guest room 1 (which is next to the common toilet) and leaving guest room 2 intact.. hehehe... as for the door lock, i didnt get any flyer though.. or maybe i have thrown it away hahaahhaha... i'm hardly there anyway so i don't go through the mails so often.. how's ur reno coming along?

Edited by sleepybeauty

:) Let me dig and see if i can still find the mailer and will scan a copy to you.

my reno seems sllloooowwww.. ha haaa. lights is up, brick wall is up and my balcony tiles is done. Still pending the carpentry . And, I have yet bought my dining chairs and sink. I like your sink !! Dd you manage to sell the original sink ?

:) Let me dig and see if i can still find the mailer and will scan a copy to you.

my reno seems sllloooowwww.. ha haaa. lights is up, brick wall is up and my balcony tiles is done. Still pending the carpentry . And, I have yet bought my dining chairs and sink. I like your sink !! Dd you manage to sell the original sink ?

omg, i think ur reno faster than mine! hahahhahaha my carpentry suppose to start this week but my ID is off for a company trip! keke.. oh well.. im still a little indecisive on some of my carpentry stuff and i have yet gotten my sofa.. can faint lor... usually sofa is one of the hardest to find and it takes quite long to indent in.. 4 to 8 weeks at least... jialat liao lor.. im hoping to hold a xmas party.. not even sure if its possible :(

i haven't sold the sink yet.. but managed to sell some of the other stuff... and yes.. pls send me the mailer if u manage to find it... but im sorta keen to get the GATEMAN S10.. so far its one of the more sleek one around.. plus our main door has a handle bar, so doesn't leave us with alot of choices around

the ID is finally back! hopefully things will start to speed up as i'm targeting to shift the stuff from my temp warehouse to the new place by this mth end. however, judging from the condition of the place today.. I'm not sure if i can meet the deadline :unsure:

9722011213_cc403892ea.jpg

been trying to scout for a nice armchair + standing lamp to be placed in the MBR, i can visualize a little reading corner being set up at this corner of the bedrm

9725233668_11a55a8a4b.jpg

the search for the armchair begins!

Edited by sleepybeauty

UPDATES FOR THE CONNECTOR FOR US FAUCETS from amazon:

I didn't managed to find the connector, apparently the ID's plumber said it's quite hard to find in Spore. However, i called up hansgrohe again and the sales guy told me that i should be able to find it from those hardware shop in Jln Besar based on what their regular plumber said. I got the plumber's contact from them and called up to make some check.

anyway the plumber said he is able to fix the tap and charges $120 for labour + inclusive of the connector. I guess he is not willing to reveal the source of the connector to me despite me trying to fish out the info from him.

if anyone is wants to use his services, can pm me for his contact. meanwhile, i will try my luck at Jln besar first and update again!

UPDATES FOR THE CONNECTOR FOR US FAUCETS from amazon:

I didn't managed to find the connector, apparently the ID's plumber said it's quite hard to find in Spore. However, i called up hansgrohe again and the sales guy told me that i should be able to find it from those hardware shop in Jln Besar based on what their regular plumber said. I got the plumber's contact from them and called up to make some check.

anyway the plumber said he is able to fix the tap and charges $120 for labour + inclusive of the connector. I guess he is not willing to reveal the source of the connector to me despite me trying to fish out the info from him.

if anyone is wants to use his services, can pm me for his contact. meanwhile, i will try my luck at Jln besar first and update again!

well done! Please PM me...i think my faucets are being installed next week....at least i have a solution on hand if they say...it can't be done...:) thank you so much!

well done! Please PM me...i think my faucets are being installed next week....at least i have a solution on hand if they say...it can't be done... :) thank you so much!

pm-ed you babe

Another long day spent with the ID today despite feeling a little hungover hehe... but the good news is .. I FINALLY BOUGHT THE SOFA!

One thing off the checklist, hooray!

The ID helped to pick out this fabric for the L-shape sofa i bought from Bo concept:

9738718299_b3c0485a4e.jpg

Praying hard that the sofa will arrive sooner though... expected delivery should be end nov to early december! Hopefully in time to hold a xmas party at the new place... keeping my fingers xxxxxx

Edited by sleepybeauty

thanks for the info.. your feedback prompted me to read through your whole reno process! nice cosy place you've got there.. will be exploring the quartz option with my ID again... btw, did you source the aeon lights on your own or via your ID? cos' my ID is gonna fit the same LED lights for my place too... mind sharing with me how much did you pay per downlight, etc? just wanna compare prices hehehe

thanks for the compliments! Haha

It was our ID's introduction for the lights. He tried for a few jobs before and find that the quality is decent and it fits our requirements. They have some market pricing rates for ID, so lets not go into there. :D

mrs merry.