Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sleepybeauty

My Dark, Industrial-Style Apartment

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Citygas came down on sat to do the installation of the gas meter but unfortunately it could not be completed as the guy said there's a small leak of gas somewhere! FML!

Called the contractor up and since it was a saturday... he could only arranged for the licensed gas plumber to come and take a look on monday... was super duper sian after i hear that... i wonder where is the leak? so that would mean that i would need to get citygas to come down again for another installation/turn-on after the contractor fix up the problem. Does that mean i could get the contractor to bear the costs ? Since i actually arranged for an express turn-on service for last saturday which costs me $70 and ended up it was a wasted trip...

Fortunately, i have the induction stove thus i could smoothly cook (or rather my mom cook hehe) last nite and have dinner at the new apt (necessary due to fengshui reasons)... some hiccups here and there but guess i managed to accomplished what needs to be done.

More touch-ups will be done at the new place .. sigh... the painting sucks big time! i hope they could get it right this time round... it's been going on for weeks and they still can't get it done nicely... so looks like i will be staying over at the BF's place for this week till all the touch-ups are done...

Ok, enough of the ranting for now... shall post some pics of the apartment

Yikes. From my experience, finding where the leak is just... painful.

Especially for concealed pipes...

The cost of locating and rectifying the leak was split 50/50 between me and contractor. FYI.

Hope it is located swiftly for u. Best of luck!

Citygas came down on sat to do the installation of the gas meter but unfortunately it could not be completed as the guy said there's a small leak of gas somewhere! FML!

Called the contractor up and since it was a saturday... he could only arranged for the licensed gas plumber to come and take a look on monday... was super duper sian after i hear that... i wonder where is the leak? so that would mean that i would need to get citygas to come down again for another installation/turn-on after the contractor fix up the problem. Does that mean i could get the contractor to bear the costs ? Since i actually arranged for an express turn-on service for last saturday which costs me $70 and ended up it was a wasted trip...

Fortunately, i have the induction stove thus i could smoothly cook (or rather my mom cook hehe) last nite and have dinner at the new apt (necessary due to fengshui reasons)... some hiccups here and there but guess i managed to accomplished what needs to be done.

More touch-ups will be done at the new place .. sigh... the painting sucks big time! i hope they could get it right this time round... it's been going on for weeks and they still can't get it done nicely... so looks like i will be staying over at the BF's place for this week till all the touch-ups are done...

Ok, enough of the ranting for now... shall post some pics of the apartment

I supposed in my case my contractor should bear the costs since they did a relocation of the gas pipe for me.. Thus any problem they should be responsible for it right?

Greg, not only we have similar taste we have similar problems too !

In my case, it was not possible to pin point the exact sub-con who obviously drilled into the concealed gas pipe

So I felt quite bad to blame it entirely on the main-con.

Also after searching for the leak for 3 whole days - it was futile to pinpoint exactly where the leak was without hacking the wall to reveal the pipe.

Decided to re-reroute the gas pipe and that was what was split 50/50 - I paid like 200-250 bucks la. So not that bad..

I supposed in my case my contractor should bear the costs since they did a relocation of the gas pipe for me.. Thus any problem they should be responsible for it right?

Greg, not only we have similar taste we have similar problems too !

In my case, it was not possible to pin point the exact sub-con who obviously drilled into the concealed gas pipe

So I felt quite bad to blame it entirely on the main-con.

Also after searching for the leak for 3 whole days - it was futile to pinpoint exactly where the leak was without hacking the wall to reveal the pipe.

Decided to re-reroute the gas pipe and that was what was split 50/50 - I paid like 200-250 bucks la. So not that bad..

i think in your case cos your apartment is a resale unit... where as my unit is a brand new unit.. thus i think should "blame" it entirely on my contractor hahahaha... anyway i hope they can solve it asap without much problem... getting rather upset with all the delays....

How suay can one get? The tv console was delivered 20mins ago but my mum only realized that there's a 'defect' after the delivery guys left... Sigh

11286177713_e2cf3f0f57.jpg

Tried calling the shop to see if the delivery guys could make a trip back and obviously the answer is no... Anyway the girl from the shop told me to send her a picture and she will check with the mgmt and revert back to me latest by tomorrow... Let's hope they gonna do a replacement for me ASAP .... Super sianzzzzzz

Edited by sleepybeauty

Hi,

I've been following your Work In Progress and l must say your house is GORGEOUS. Love the selection of finishes and fixtures you've selected for your house.

Are your blinds and curtains from the same contact? Can I get the contact(s) please?

Am still having two minds about putting blinds in the bathrooms for fear of the maintenance required.

Hi,

I've been following your Work In Progress and l must say your house is GORGEOUS. Love the selection of finishes and fixtures you've selected for your house.

Are your blinds and curtains from the same contact? Can I get the contact(s) please?

Am still having two minds about putting blinds in the bathrooms for fear of the maintenance required.

thanks! will pm you the contact for the curtains & blinds and yes.. they are all done by the same company :)

as for blinds in bathroom, i think they look good & classy .. go for the PVC ones as they are water repellent thus easier to maintain.. i decided to choose pvc venetian as i require the privacy yet i wanna be able to air my bathroom when I'm not using (bearing in mind I'm on the ground floor) … if i had choose rollerblinds, it would be cheaper but to open my window to air the bathroom , i would need to draw it up.. by doing that i would not be able to have the privacy…

go for it if you like it.. think the results are worth it