Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Shirlicious

Advise Needed From 65Daigou Customer

Hi,

I would like to clear my doubts in regards to my purchases in 淘宝. I'm using 65daigou to ship my purchases, as i am a first timer, could anyone here kindly advise me on the following?

I'm going to purchase lots of heavy stuffs like kitchen & bathroom mixers, kitchen wares e.g plates, mugs and some lightings etc, they will definitely cost more than sgd 400 and i understand that purchases more than $400, there will be a 7% gst incurred.

So my question is, will the shipping fee + agent fee be more affordable if i consolidate all and i declare 7% gst? or i purchase them "in group" less than $400 and i ship them out seperately to avoid tax? Which one is more idealistic? Did anyone of you face such issue?

I have yet to confirm using peeka or 65daigou. So if you have better "lobang" for shipment, can share?

Hope to hear from you!

Thank you!

shirley2705

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Shirley, i think with the amount you plan to purchase..MAYBE Amcon is a better bet. Do a search around on forum...type in Taobao. I started a thread...heaps of helpful tips there. HTH

Hi Shirley

There is probably not much use in separating the shipments into <$400 lots as the freight charge starts at 1 cubic metre. So the freight charges will individually add up and probably negate any savings in GST.

Other agents include peeka which many people use too.

Amcon has also been used with great success by many people here too. Their freight charge is lower (though IMHO not that much less) than typical tb agents like 65daigou and peeka.

Hi,

I would like to clear my doubts in regards to my purchases in 淘宝. I'm using 65daigou to ship my purchases, as i am a first timer, could anyone here kindly advise me on the following?

I'm going to purchase lots of heavy stuffs like kitchen & bathroom mixers, kitchen wares e.g plates, mugs and some lightings etc, they will definitely cost more than sgd 400 and i understand that purchases more than $400, there will be a 7% gst incurred.

So my question is, will the shipping fee + agent fee be more affordable if i consolidate all and i declare 7% gst? or i purchase them "in group" less than $400 and i ship them out seperately to avoid tax? Which one is more idealistic? Did anyone of you face such issue?

I have yet to confirm using peeka or 65daigou. So if you have better "lobang" for shipment, can share?
Hope to hear from you!

Thank you!

shirley2705

Hmmm..As long as my loots are cheaper than what i get from Singapore, i better stick to 65daigou for the service.

The others seem so comlicated!!

Thank you so much...

And one more ques..Hansgrohe/Grohe mixer and shower system "safe" to buy?

If by "safe" you mean whether it is a Hansgrohe/Grohe product - it will be most likely made by an OEM manufacturer

There are certain models from Hansgrohe and Grohe which are made in China and these are the ones you usually see for purchase on tb

If by "safe" you mean whether the item is functioning, and/or leaks etc, then the opinion varies

Some people feel it is not, whilst other feel that the risk is reasonable for the price which you are paying

My advice is if you are the type of person who spends $50 on something which usually retails for $300 - and the item doesn't look as good as they expect in a retail shop here and therefore feel cheated, then taobao is not for you.

Erm. i think if u want to buy hansgrohe focus models then still have chance to be OEM.

Grohe, to my knowledge, does not have a china factory ... they only have a thailand factory. Bauloop is from Thailand. Rest of the series even eurosmart cosmopolitan is most likely made in eastern europe.

Honestly i won't bother paying premium for these "branded" models when the authenticity is in doubt. Buy cheap for cheap's sake :sport-smiley-018:

Good point lala81

I think best to buy the model that you like - not dependent on brand

And from a reliable seller on taobao.

Buy from tmall if not sure if newbie unable to tell which is a reliable seller

Might have to pay slightly more but worth it in my opinion