Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Harriette

Modern Em Reno@ Bukit Panjang

Hi. Super new here. Just sold my 5 room at Bedok reservoir and now hunting for EMs at Tampines.

Can you share with me your cost in Reno and contacts for Mr Yeak. His workmanship looks awesome and Jays sense of design and color is really good.

Also like the shutter. They look very bright.

Thanks in advance.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi. Super new here. Just sold my 5 room at Bedok reservoir and now hunting for EMs at Tampines.

Can you share with me your cost in Reno and contacts for Mr Yeak. His workmanship looks awesome and Jays sense of design and color is really good.

Also like the shutter. They look very bright.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I've PM-ed you. The shutter is bought from Mr Yeak.

Hey Harriette, could you PM me on the shutters too? :)

So far I checked Paul Aluminum, potential ID said they have to check also.

PM-ed.

Window grilles at the balcony and yard are up. We did consider invisible grilles, but didn't go for it because:

• invisible grilles basically comprise 1 very long steel wire which is looped around the grille structure. If one part snapped, the entire grille will unravel. One of the vendor (http://www.invisystech.com/) showed us a video of how their grille will not unravel immediately if the wire broke. This will give you time to grab the child off the grille, before the thing eventually unravel totally. We understand that other brands of invisible grille may unravel totally in a shorter time.
  • As my balcony is not enclosed, we can only do vertical grilles as there is no support at the side to hold the horizontal grilles. It is HDB requirement that the vertical invisible grille has to be done from ceiling to floor. This means my nice glass balcony will be covered by the grilles.
  • It is slightly more expensive by about $200, compared to metal grilles.

Balcony

13614061275_4596a888fb.jpg
image by Harriette_Tan, on Flickr

13614415044_b21f575a6c.jpg

13614417584_1e2b75991c.jpg

Yard

13614070265_54a0e579b4.jpg

13614073995_657f09d224.jpg

Oh... once I saw your grilles, first thing that come to my mind is what a waste to cover up with grilles, partially blocking the beautiful view you have. But you do have to consider the safety of your children. Still, what I would do to have that balcony of yours...hahaha...

Sigh. I agreed with you. But safety first.

Oh... once I saw your grilles, first thing that come to my mind is what a waste to cover up with grilles, partially blocking the beautiful view you have. But you do have to consider the safety of your children. Still, what I would do to have that balcony of yours...hahaha...

Hi Harriette,

Love ur house! :-)

I am in the process of looking for contractors. May I know if Mr Yeak is a contractor? Or is he just a carpenter? May I have his contacts too? Many thanks!

Wall clocks are up

I bought 4 wall clocks of the same design. It is a simple black rimmed, white-face clock with black numbers. Its brand is Hoseiki, which I have not heard of and costs $19 each.

13638698933_3eff20389d.jpg

13638672845_aba3de8e8c.jpg

13639021274_af32d7d4fb.jpg

13639024494_df836030f2.jpg

Where I bought

I bought the clocks at a tiny shop at Toa Payoh Central. This shop also sells a wide range of Seiko, Rhythm and Casio wall clocks for about $25 to $35.

13655348033_2a61298f1a.jpg

Edited by Harriette

Harriette : Juz to check, did they sell any of those clocks which show the mechanism ?

(*Need to get due to FengShui reason)

My wire management box in my study table

This is my study desk. The wire sticking out will connect my laptop to the datapoint in the adjacent TV console. The gap where the wire stick out has the black hairy thing.

13638713203_4e8f3f5225.jpg

13639034254_b6e2ca52d4.jpg

13638697035_922384e5cc.jpg

Actually, I only requested for a hole so that I can connect my laptop to the datapoint. Mr Yeak took the initiative to do the wire thing coz it is nicer.

• Like 3

Harriette : Juz to check, did they sell any of those clocks which show the mechanism ?

(*Need to get due to FengShui reason)

Hi Songz,

I don't recall seeing any clock which shows the internal mechanism. You could google for their number and give them a call.

Here are 2 more photos which I took. See if you spot any suitable clocks.

13655334975_a4c2dfe5f2.jpg

13682510165_54fc55fc83.jpg

Milk station at the upstairs foyer

The solid surface is installed. This will serve as a very good baby changing table.

Possible scene 1:

You have changed the baby. Meanwhile, you make milk while assuring the wailing hungry baby that you are making milk.

[Note: this scenario is only possible before the baby is able to flip.]

Possible scene 2:

You reached for a bottle of breast milk in the bar fridge (at the bottom of the milk station). You warm the milk. You changed the baby. You soothe the wailing hungry baby while waiting for the milk to be warmed.

13638719353_0d96a2f32c.jpg