Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vermilion

My Tiny Litte Home

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

yup, for decoration purpose. wanted to drew initially (studied fine arts), but dont have time... so decided to sew curtain, faster and easier. :sport-smiley-004:

Hi vermilion

Am new here and just read your blog. Your chandeliers are very nice !! Am also looking for them. Do you mind sharing where you bought them from?

Edited by uniqlo

not in singapore.

however, if you go balestier, can find the one i have in my bedroom and living room. kitchen one never seen in spore.

One of the nicest and well decorated house I've seen from this site :notti:

Sometimes when things keep going wrong, just hang on. Maybe the best is yet to come eh :notti:

hi lin_stapler, thank you very much...

to be frank, this reno is the most headache thing i ever encounter in my life... there were times that i just wish i can change to another contractor... i regret so many things... but have already paid 95%! so what can i do? i just shouldnt trust people too easily. on the surface my house looks good, there are acutally lots of defects, scratched carpentry... and... and... dont wish to write further.

before this, people told me stories, and i asked... what could be wrong in a reno, isnt it just like buying things? you pay and get the goods? it is not that simple... :) friends said i too simple minded

besides taxi drivers (not 100%), people in reno business (not 100%) are ones that i hate now. (however, hoobee patrick is not included... he has helped me alot :wub: )

but...

i'm glad that i have fulfilled my dream... partake in interior design. :wub:

have wanted to study it 20years ago, but din... and when i further my study oversea few years ago... interior was on my mind, but din eventually... for many years, i read lots of magazines on interior design

glad that i've fulfilled my dream now... designed & furnished my own house... this has also opened an opportunity for me... friends and neighbours have asked me to design their house :) but... nono... no time leh :) and... i dont want to deal with those no integrity workers!

I'm sure you'll make a good interior designer. Your house look so cozy and homely :bangwall:

I think BIG BIG thing coming your way leh :bangwall:

friends said i can be interior designer... but, i wont make money, becos i so fussy, workers sure dont want to accept my job! naughty naughty :P:D

plus... there are many things beyond the control of desiger, such as water leaks, pipe burst, building defects and accidents... and to add... no integrity workers who thinks you woman knows nothing (as you can see in my blog). these workers 'forced' me to learn lots of things man! thanks to them... :bangwall: where i even found direct contacts...

however i believe a good designer must be responsible enough to check work progress frequently, and most importantly, honest and patience...

but for me... cant leh, no time and no patience. too busy with my present work... do work for clients, do freelance work for advertisign agencies and also part-time property... fully occupied. :bangwall::P

as i said, i'm the most unlucky house owner...

my bathrom is problematic liao...

found ants crawling here and there in the bathroom , so i stood and observed where the ants come from... and... also found small little insect that can fly... usually found in dustbin kind... in the toiletries compartment... hm...

i suspect, my bathroom box up is not water-proof at all now.

when i expressed my concerns about bathroom waterproofing to id few months ago, they assured that it is WATER-PROOF AND GUARANTEE WONT HAVE PROBLEM.

because i saw ants crawling out from bathroom box up. the cement used to seal has few holes already ... and i also suspect water sipped into the box up, becos when i opened my vanity cabinet, there a smell, not smelly, but it does not smell dry . (a hole was cut when id and workers tried to solve the leaking problem, there also a hole to let water pipe extended to my vanity basin)

and the 'flies' are there because of the moist...

am thinking, should i dismantle the cover panel near window, so there's ventilation and the box up will be/can be dried?... the cover was installed to prevent insects... or birds to fly into the box up... and then sway sway die inside... yee!:dunno:

or should i buy bygon to spray inside the box up...

xian xian xian

already said, my house is a problematic house! problematic workers and problematic work... problems not solved, new problem arise again.

not to mention... each time i bathe , i have to use mop to wipe the floor, because... WATER SPLASH ONTO GLASS DOOR AND FLOW DOWN TO KITCHEN FLOOR! why dance? becos cry also no tears liao... all used up in the past 5mths

xian xian xian

Edited by vermilion

For the ants, you can buy from NTUC (sometimes neighborhood shop) a brown substance (sand-like). Put it at the path of the ants and when they bring it back to their nest, it will wipe out their entire colony :dunno:

As for the small fly, it may be attracted to some mouldy patch that it feeds on. Look out for this in your toiletries compartment. Get silicon gel to cover up any holes that you can find as this may be the gateway for all these pests.

eeeee.. i hate insects!! last time when i was young in my mum's home, i follow all the ants to find their nest and spray baygon right inside. kakaka. oh. and.. and i squash every spiders i see with newspapers. yucky 8 legged creatures!:( oh and the flies in ur bathroom are coz of the moist problem.. i had that problem in my mum's toilet ceiling too.

hmm how come the box up is connected to ur vanity cabinet? cant really picture it.. u can feel for moisture on ur box up /cabinets.. see if the wood is damp.. anyway i think for immediate solution, spray the baygon into the boxup first. kill all of them!:wub: kakak. oh.

water flow into the kitchen!? har.. build a kerb! mopping the floor oso not a long term solution..

water flow into the kitchen!? har.. build a kerb! mopping the floor oso not a long term solution..

long term solution is to fix a ventilator...to keep the toilet dry at all times.

hi vermillion,

I've been following yr other blog for a while... sent u a few posts before remember? quite heart pain for you... poor thing leh, so many trials and tribulations.

but now your home DOES look nice, even with some little things outstanding. you can be proud that you were so involved in the whole process. It looks very Designer.

guess if you had started with Ho Bee in the first place then wun have so many problems... but no point going into the 'what ifs'. anyway, i always like to say that 'whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger'. :bangwall:

where did you buy yr string curtains from? if not from china? can PM place and price if not conv to share here? looking for gd quality ones too.

btw, the purple curtains separate the kitchen from the dining area is it??

hi lin_stapler, thanks, will go find the stuff. :dribble:

neighbour MaCe ah... dont want to friend you liao lah :curse: ... my box up how to put fan.... :curse:

but hoh, i managed to dismantle the cover, so now i will expose the box up after each bath lor...

you say lah... i busy or not, after bathe much mop floor and then also must open box up...

why i so pai-mia :curse: ??? kiam-cai (salted veg.) mia man! lucky i dont have kiam-cai face !! !

Edited by vermilion