Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OceanEleven

Back To The West

Hi OceanEleven, can I check if you know. If I purchase electronics from US amazon, the plug is different. Any idea if this can be changed?

The plug is of a secondary concern, you can always use an adapter to for the plug.

The power rating is the primary issue. you will need a converter for it.

Please check the power rating of the appliances before you buy the appliances and then also to know what rating of converter you need.

Singapore 230V

50Hz

United States 120/240V 60Hz

Plug Adapter : About $1.50 up

UKPlugAdapter.jpg

Converter: About $15 up, subject to power rating.

NewstarConverter.jpgNewstarConverter1.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

The plug is of a secondary concern, you can always use an adapter to for the plug.

The power rating is the primary issue. you will need a converter for it.

Please check the power rating of the appliances before you buy the appliances and then also to know what rating of converter you need.

Singapore 230V

50Hz

United States 120/240V 60Hz

Plug Adapter : About $1.50 up

UKPlugAdapter.jpg

Converter: About $15 up, subject to power rating.

NewstarConverter.jpgNewstarConverter1.jpg

Thanks OceanEleven!! Didnt know about the convertor issue. But I'll check it out!

Still very jelly of the deal you managed to snag for the speakers!! Hahaha.

Black Friday coming soon, maybe you can get a good deal from Amazon or even Target

Couldn't resist the temptation. Went to Muji and take a look at the plastic containers.

The price tag there not enticing enough for me to take out my wallet so back to Taobao again.

Bought 2 sets of these and at less than RMB60 per set. Already had 2 set and fully utilised, sure are handy.

Comparing with Muji, there is a difference in texture and material but nonetheless serves the same purpose at fraction of the price.

Good for storage in cabinets, drawers etc.

T2b.ZfXg0aXXXXXXXX_75616105.jpg

On amazon I cannot seem to find the currency toggle button. So I assume that all price displaying is automatic displaying in sgd? I carted an item and go all the way to the credit card payment page, didn't see any currency code there.

On amazon I cannot seem to find the currency toggle button. So I assume that all price displaying is automatic displaying in sgd? I carted an item and go all the way to the credit card payment page, didn't see any currency code there.

On Amazon, all items are price in USD. Similarly, all Tmall and Taobao items are priced in RMB.

On Amazon, all items are price in USD. Similarly, all Tmall and Taobao items are priced in RMB.

ahhh I see...much to learn in the art of online shopping. Thanks for the tips!

Bro ocean11...I am still very confused by the space in 1cbm. Let's say I am buying a tv console (1800*400*445 MM(长×宽×高)50kg), how much space left after i fit this in? How do I know if my sink, tap, dinning table, drawer, misc items can fit in after the tv console?

Many thanks...

Bro ocean11...I am still very confused by the space in 1cbm. Let's say I am buying a tv console (1800*400*445 MM(长×宽×高)50kg), how much space left after i fit this in? How do I know if my sink, tap, dinning table, drawer, misc items can fit in after the tv console?

Many thanks...

Don’t be confuse. It is actually very straight forward.

Do not misinterpret the space of 1m3 as a fixed 1m x 1m x1m. It is just volume calculation for charging of shipping cost.

Eg the TV console is 1.8m x 0.4m x 0.445 =0.3204m3 so means you need another 0.7m3 to meet the minimum of 1m3 else you will be still charge min 1m3.

So if you add in dining table, 3 sinks, 6 chairs etc and total volume adds up to be 2.5m3 then the cost will be like 2.5 x SGD 100 = $250 + GST (assuming shipping is SGD100 per meter cube).

Hopes this clears it up for you. Happy shopping.

Don’t be confuse. It is actually very straight forward.

Do not misinterpret the space of 1m3 as a fixed 1m x 1m x1m. It is just volume calculation for charging of shipping cost.

Eg the TV console is 1.8m x 0.4m x 0.445 =0.3204m3 so means you need another 0.7m3 to meet the minimum of 1m3 else you will be still charge min 1m3.

So if you add in dining table, 3 sinks, 6 chairs etc and total volume adds up to be 2.5m3 then the cost will be like 2.5 x SGD 100 = $250 + GST (assuming shipping is SGD100 per meter cube).

Hopes this clears it up for you. Happy shopping.

Ohhh!! So that means it is ok to go over the 1cbm (rates apply accordingly), but going under will lugi....That totally clear my confusion, thanks for the fast reply bro!