Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OceanEleven

Back To The West

Rain Shower

This is one of my favorite item in the house. A good shower eases the tense body and freshen up the mind.

I did not like the conventional rain shower for the length from wall is often too short .

For my place, I am restricted by the piping as seen as well as the box up area. Conventional rain shower if mounted will be a mere 20cm above the head.

Also, with the conventional, I will be standing on the drainage hole directly. :angry2:

So Mr. Foo came up with this brilliant idea, which not only solve the issues but also save a fair bit.

A Grohe entry level rain shower set is approx. SGD6xx during promotion but my Grohe mixer cost only SGD3xx from Tmall.

Throw in the separate shower head from TB for SGD40 and multiply by 2 sets, the savings is significant.

For those interested in the shower head, please see below link.

Though it may be a Taobao shop but I had bought all taps, faucet, bidets from them and so far so good.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=2013.1.3.7.YpaNls&scm=1007.10152.2215.i13060296982&id=13389872470&pvid=2ba58e8b-814a-46c3-9be2-67f82f52b258

20141102_164435.jpg

OceanEleven,

I am thinking to get Grohe rain shower from TMall, would like to check with you how's the quality?

Is there any water pressure issue using it?

Thanks thanks ya.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

More pics

20140705_184627.jpg

20140705_184713.jpg

Hi OceanEleven can I know which size did you get for your ceiling light at dining & living room? Thanks

OceanEleven,

I am thinking to get Grohe rain shower from TMall, would like to check with you how's the quality?

Is there any water pressure issue using it?

Thanks thanks ya.

Hi there, I got the shower set, NOT the rain shower set.

My rain shower is improvised fitting as seen from photo which suit my needs more.

For my place, water pressure is fine, really enjoyiung the rain shower effect.

Water pressure has more to do with your unit/block capability than the shower set itself.

Given the newer buildings, I reckon water pressure is a non issue nowadays.

Unless you go for ultra big shower head or install thouse multiple point shower system.

Thanks for the advice. my unit is more than 30 years liao so finger cross.

Went to one of the shop today, the sales lady told me with the expose pipe can't use grohe mixer.

I kinda feel like she like to push the other brand to me.

Will go to grohe shop or hagrohe to find out more later this week.

Hi there, I got the shower set, NOT the rain shower set.

My rain shower is improvised fitting as seen from photo which suit my needs more.

For my place, water pressure is fine, really enjoyiung the rain shower effect.

Water pressure has more to do with your unit/block capability than the shower set itself.

Given the newer buildings, I reckon water pressure is a non issue nowadays.

Unless you go for ultra big shower head or install thouse multiple point shower system.

Hi OceanEleven can I know which size did you get for your ceiling light at dining & living room? Thanks

Hi there, I got the largest one. Satisfaction level is fantastic! :good:

Bought at RMB260 each. At less than SGD120 and settled 2 main lighting for living and dining.

Look is simple but sleek and maintainance free. Cleaning is easy, changing of light bulb is straightforward as well.

Choo Chiang Marketing sells them. Despite there are many color in this Legrand Mallia range, Choo Chiang carries only about 3-4 colors.

Prices varies, 1 gang approx. below $5 and 3 gangs is maybe $5 plus. I dont remember the exact prices. LED is about $2 each.

To fit the whole house may need $100 up, depends on how many switches you wanna install with this.

I roughly remember I spent about $400 plus minus, I use them for plugs as well.

20140705_183527.jpg

Hi there,

I'm really impressed with your Back to The West thread where you posted and shared a lot of your Reno ideas.

I really like your switches very much, do you know where can I buy them in the west area besides choo chiang marketing? I'm staying in Choa Chu Kang.

Do you know any good contractors/electricians who are able to remove my current ones and fix up the ones I'm getting like yours?

Hope to hear from you and thank you so much in advance! :)

Best Regards,

Michelle

Hi Ocean,

Thanks for such a detailed write up on your renovation. I tried to email Mr Foo but no reply so far, is it ok if you provide me with his HP number?

Can you also PM me the contact for the Blum runners? Do I have to buy them on my own and ask the carpenters to install or can I get the carpenters to install for me? :D

Hi there,

I'm really impressed with your Back to The West thread where you posted and shared a lot of your Reno ideas.

I really like your switches very much, do you know where can I buy them in the west area besides choo chiang marketing? I'm staying in Choa Chu Kang.

Do you know any good contractors/electricians who are able to remove my current ones and fix up the ones I'm getting like yours?

Hope to hear from you and thank you so much in advance! :)

Best Regards,

Michelle

Hi there, sorry for the late reply. Other than Choo Chiang, you can try to search from the below web site.Choo Chiang Woodlands is the HQ.

http://www.legrand.com.sg/special-pages/misc/where-to-buy/singapore/

Please call and check for the switches you want before going down to any of the listed distributers. :good:

Hi Ocean,

Thanks for such a detailed write up on your renovation. I tried to email Mr Foo but no reply so far, is it ok if you provide me with his HP number?

Can you also PM me the contact for the Blum runners? Do I have to buy them on my own and ask the carpenters to install or can I get the carpenters to install for me? :D

Already PM you the details.

Some carpenter/ID may include in the reno, however I believe there is a marked up. So self-purchase is a better option.

You can make your own purchase and request the carpenter to install for you. Prior to this, make sure the carpenter has experience installing Blum.

For the Blum runners, you have to get the carpenter to give you a list of what is needed. ie, size, type, carrying capacity etc.

With that list, you can then place the order. Depending if you want all to be Blum, including door hinges, drawers and the Aventos HS/HL/HF.

If ID/carpenter request more cost to do so, please do not give in to such demands, it is unnecessary.

They are either ripping you off or trying to pull a fast one. Do not give in to such demands.

I believe it is the industry standard to have basic knowledge with Blum, else meaning the carpenter is really inexperience.

Hi, Can you provide me your contact for Blum hinges and BLUM drawer runners? How much are they?

Thanks

Already sent to you. :good:

Hey bro, what diameter are your rain shower heads ah? :)

It is OD 8 inches. So far so good. Link as below. Matter of fact, if the OD is bigger, the effect is even better.

Bought majority of my taps from them. They have quite a series of products but not listed in TB. Have to chat with them to email to you.

http://world.taobao.com/item/13389872470.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a312a.7700846.0.0.85Bjuy&_u=j1n55c8ta25a

Already sent to you. :good:

It is OD 8 inches. So far so good. Link as below. Matter of fact, if the OD is bigger, the effect is even better.

Bought majority of my taps from them. They have quite a series of products but not listed in TB. Have to chat with them to email to you.

http://world.taobao.com/item/13389872470.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a312a.7700846.0.0.85Bjuy&_u=j1n55c8ta25a

I very silly, didn't check when I shipped my TB rainshower... Mine's like 25cm... Hoping my water pressure can work with it, if not need to buy new rainshower head.

Thanks for sharing!!

I very silly, didn't check when I shipped my TB rainshower... Mine's like 25cm... Hoping my water pressure can work with it, if not need to buy new rainshower head.

Thanks for sharing!!

Dont worry too much, 25cm is about 10inches, if the shower head is thin, the water can spread across easily.

Actually a bigger head covers a larger area, with a better "rain" effect. Yours should do just fine.