Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OceanEleven

Back To The West

Spent a night reading through the wealth of info here! Thanks for sharing! Very useful for a noob soon-to-be-house-owner-and-amazon/taobao-shopper like me! :thumbs up:

Thank you for the compliments. Just sharing of info here.

Yes, TB and Amazon is addictive. I've just finish another round of Amazon. :notti:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Ocean, I have a few questions on taobao..

hope you can help me with it :)

1) For amcon, how long would they hold our items for us from the moment the package reaches their warehouse? cause some orders take longer to arrive.

2) Will they automatically ship out one CBM the moment the items consolidated hit one CBM size?

3) In the email May sent me, she mentioned " Once you have "快递号码“please fill up the form attached" the form is "淘宝&快递 货物装箱报关单(PACKING LIST & INVOICE)"

what does that mean? am i able to consolidate a few numbers before i send the form to her? I am not sure how to pace the process as i am worried if i wait for all the shipment's number to given, some parcels would have reached her before i get to send to form out. any advice?

Your help is appreciated. thanks in advance!

Hi Ocean, I have a few questions on taobao..

hope you can help me with it :)

1) For amcon, how long would they hold our items for us from the moment the package reaches their warehouse? cause some orders take longer to arrive.

2) Will they automatically ship out one CBM the moment the items consolidated hit one CBM size?

3) In the email May sent me, she mentioned " Once you have "快递号码“please fill up the form attached" the form is "淘宝&快递 货物装箱报关单(PACKING LIST & INVOICE)"

what does that mean? am i able to consolidate a few numbers before i send the form to her? I am not sure how to pace the process as i am worried if i wait for all the shipment's number to given, some parcels would have reached her before i get to send to form out. any advice?

Your help is appreciated. thanks in advance!

Amcon should be able to hold on to your items for about 2 weeks plus hence it is very important for you to plan your purchase.

Buy those require a longer lead time items first, eg' furniture which may need manufacturing of 3 weeks, then smaller items with ex stock 2 weeks after.

So in this way, all items shall arrive within a week or so. Also depending where is your seller and Amcon warehouse you are using.

If you are using Amcon Guangzhou and seller is in Zhejiang region, cater another 3-5 days for delivery.

Amcon will not officially ship out your items when it reach 1cbm. They will ship only upon your instruction.

Do understand if I am not wrong, Amcon is buying full container space, break it down into smaller volume and resell it to us.

So if your items reached their warehouse and their warehouse is running out of space and there is space in the container, they will ship it out then.

But this, they will not inform us "officially" as this is their internal operation and planning.

Hence dont be surprise that some items are in Singapore without your knowledge.

As mentioned in earlier post, what Amcon needs after your purchase are:

Tracking num : only available when your seller has couriered. Can be found on TB purchased item page.

Under : 我的淘宝 - 已买到的宝贝 - 物流编号 - 查看物流 - 运单号码 (which is what May asked for. 快递号码)

Next is item description, quantity and value. Value is for Singapore custom declaration and GST payment.

Eg. If you purchase 50 items, you have to prepare an excel sheet consisting the above 4 information required for the 50 items.

Please DO NOT send partial excel sheet. ie. 30 out of items with tracking num. Prepare one only as the final one.

Else every now and then sending Amcon the updated excel sheet will complicate your own shippment.

As of now, you can replied May that you will send her the complete details once you have all the info and tracking num.

Hope this helps. Happy shopping. :good:

Edited by OceanEleven

Hi Ocean, do you 确认收货 after tracking showed received or after confirmed with amcon they have received? They have like 10 days for you to confirm receipt of the goods. If you don't confirm then what happens?

Hi Ocean, do you 确认收货 after tracking showed received or after confirmed with amcon they have received? They have like 10 days for you to confirm receipt of the goods. If you don't confirm then what happens?

By confirming acceptance means allow TB to release the payment to sellers. If you dont confirm after 10 days with no contest, TB will still release payment.

Amcon will not track or confirm received of items from sellers. They simply rely on the excel sheet mentioned in above post as reference.

Once all items on list received, they will inform you and ask for shipping permission.

The only way to see if items been delivered is to check from below:

我的淘宝 - 已买到的宝贝 - 物流编号 - 查看物流 - 物流动态

When delivered will says 已签收.

By confirming acceptance means allow TB to release the payment to sellers. If you dont confirm after 10 days with no contest, TB will still release payment.

Amcon will not track or confirm received of items from sellers. They simply rely on the excel sheet mentioned in above post as reference.

Once all items on list received, they will inform you and ask for shipping permission.

The only way to see if items been delivered is to check from below:

我的淘宝 - 已买到的宝贝 - 物流编号 - 查看物流 - 物流动态

When delivered will says 已签收.

When I click to confirm receipt, it ask me to key in the 支付宝密码 which I have to create by linking to a tel no. But that tel no has to be China tel no as it doesn't recognize spore tel no. So how do I confirm receipt then if I can't create the pin no?

When I click to confirm receipt, it ask me to key in the 支付宝密码 which I have to create by linking to a tel no. But that tel no has to be China tel no as it doesn't recognize spore tel no. So how do I confirm receipt then if I can't create the pin no?

Local Sing num can be use to register. Procedure I had forgotten but it can be done.

Any particular reason why you wanna confirm receipt ? Whether if you confirm or not, it does not affect Amcon end.

So far I only let the days pass and no sellers have any issues at all.

Local Sing num can be use to register. Procedure I had forgotten but it can be done.

Any particular reason why you wanna confirm receipt ? Whether if you confirm or not, it does not affect Amcon end.

So far I only let the days pass and no sellers have any issues at all.

Oh I see...thought I need to confirm like qoo10 then I get the points? Haha.. If it's not no necessary then it's fine. Save me the trouble too.

Common Bathroom

Wife and Mr. Foo choose the combination. Nothing fanciful but something to last the time.

Wall tiles are of wood grain type but look pretty faint from far.

Again storage is the focus here. Need places to store the excess toiletries from sight.

The sink cost only SGD35, bought local and claimed to be left over from a project.

Dimension fits just nice as the top depth is quite shallow.

Factor to consider when choosing basin and tap. If the tap sit outside the sink, you need a deep top to accommodate both.

Deep as in from the wall to the edge of the top. Also tap sit outside means a taller tap which cost much more.

Second to this, sometimes the "spout" of the tap may be too short, make it quite troublesome when washing.

You often find your hands knocking against the sink and splashing all over.

20141102_164555.jpg

20141102_164153.jpg

Waaaahhh.. You sure have storage everywhere!

I almost went for a nice counter top basin till i realised the space required.. Hence thinking of a semi recessed one like yours too

Edited by ma5quer