Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OceanEleven

Back To The West

wah. read the whole 17 pages. interesting story. especially on the taobao part.

can i confirm with you if amcon charge 50RMB perlink. say i want to order 20 item from 1 link. i still need to pay only 50RMB rite ? not 1000 RMB :jawdrop:

and amcon 550 RMB per cbm is all via sea ??

thanks you for the share.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I think is 50RMB per link.. as in 10 items .. 10 different link.. RMB 50 * 10

and amcon is by sea shipping

Oceaneleven >> Am so looking forward to see you post up your completed reno photos ^^

Edited by xiaohuiis

• Like 1

what i mean is same item. for example. buying same light from 1 store for 10 pieces. i just want to save the trouble ordering directly. my chinese CMI.

hahaha.

wah. read the whole 17 pages. interesting story. especially on the taobao part.

can i confirm with you if amcon charge 50RMB perlink. say i want to order 20 item from 1 link. i still need to pay only 50RMB rite ? not 1000 RMB :jawdrop:

and amcon 550 RMB per cbm is all via sea ??

thanks you for the share.

Yes, it is RMB 50 per link. Per link regardless of quantity. Quantity base on volume charge.

Eg. 200 hangers from same link, charge as per link.

Amcon rate is still RMB550 per cbm and SGD35 documentation fee. (as of my last purchase via Amcon)

Yes, it is RMB 50 per link. Per link regardless of quantity. Quantity base on volume charge.

Eg. 200 hangers from same link, charge as per link.

Amcon rate is still RMB550 per cbm and SGD35 documentation fee. (as of my last purchase via Amcon)

Hi OceanEleven,

May I know how long does the shipment take (via sea freight)?

Any idea on the cubic metre volume storage, i.e. approximately how many big carton boxes would it fit?

Thanks for any advice you may have.

Hi OceanEleven,

May I know how long does the shipment take (via sea freight)?

Any idea on the cubic metre volume storage, i.e. approximately how many big carton boxes would it fit?

Thanks for any advice you may have.

Sea freight is approx. 7-10 days subject to customs in China.

Please note Chinese National Day is 1st October. Chinese custom will be close for 1 week.

Further to the national day sale and high volume of domestic courier, plus closure of custom, please add 1 to 2 more weeks for sea freight.

1 cbm is 1m x 1m x 1m. Depends on how big your carton box is, then you can estimate how many carton box you can fit in 1 cbm.

Edited by OceanEleven

Sea freight is approx. 7-10 days subject to customs in China.

Please note Chinese National Day is 1st October. Chinese custom will be close for 1 week.

Further to the national day sale and high volume of domestic courier, plus closure of custom, please add 1 to 2 more weeks for sea freight.

1 cbm is 1m x 1m x 1m. Depends on how big your carton box is, then you can estimate how many carton box you can fit in 1 cbm.

Hi OceanEleven,

Thank you for your reply and I am seriously looking to pick up some living room sofa sets and will try to organize my order before their week-long holiday in October.

Edited by watzup

Hi OceanEleven,

Thank you for your reply and I am seriously looking to pick up some living room sofa sets and will try to organize my order before their week-long holiday in October.

If you are looking at sofa set, depends on how many seater. You can get the measurement from the seller.

Say the sofa is 2.5m in length, then you can estimate the volume to be 3 x 1 x 1 = 3cbm.

If there is an armchair, or ottoman, just add on.

If you order now, unless seller has ready stock, chances are that you will not be able to ship before the holiday.

Sofas estimate needs 3-4 weeks to fabricate. Then also local courier to your shipper.

By the time items reached your shipper, likely to hit the holidays.

Shipping out then will face with closure of customs. After the holidays, customs pack with back log of containers to clear.

So if you order now and local courier out before end sept, likely to receive it end Oct in Singapore.

• Like 1

Thanks, already move in. However still pending small touch up and rectification.

Part and parcel of renovation. :D

Congrats on the completion of your renovation, OceanEleven.

Have you had a chance to use your heater since moving in? If you could share your thoughts on it, I should be very grateful. Would you repurchase a gas heater if you had to choose again?

• Like 1

Tmall/Taobao Shopper

Those buying big bulky items, please check with your seller if they do delivery to designated address.

Some sellers dont deliver to address but to a collection point ie 物流点

Which means for eg. Seller uses DHL and seller is in Shanghai while your address is in Guangzhou.

So they will deliver to DHL Guangzhou and you have to do self collect.

Hence you must communicate with seller and request for delivery to point.

One of the reason is that in China, there are still many resident housing which are 6 floors high but without a lift.

To deliver to point will incurred extra cost and your seller has to arrange. Your consignee will not do self collect for you.

In the case of Amcon, they will not do so. If require, you may have to call Amcon to discuss and arrange before placing order.

• Like 1

Congrats on the completion of your renovation, OceanEleven.

Have you had a chance to use your heater since moving in? If you could share your thoughts on it, I should be very grateful. Would you repurchase a gas heater if you had to choose again?

I was using one previously for a decade. Brand is Rinnai. I have no problem with it, water is hot and bills was low.

So right now in our new place, we purchased another gas heater together with gas dryer from CItygas.

This time the brand we took is Ferroli. No special preference, simply went for the biggest capacity here.

I prefer gas because of the long term lower cost which has proven to save me cost.

Am not a fan of hot shower, mainly for the missus only. As long as she is ok, I am fine. :good:

• Like 2

This is the box up area beside the vertical piping in the kitchen. (on the left of the pic)

The holder is from Amazon, posted earlier. The built is very "plastic" and not as good as I expected.

Nonetheless, it still does the job. However if the rods are too slim, the holder might not be able to hold.

20140902_182602.jpg

This is right beside the "holder" box up (my above post). One of my personal favorite. Nothing unique, took the idea from Blum, call the "Tower" unit.

Tower is extremely useful to keep daily consumables such as sauces, canned food, condiments etc.

Things that are pretty unsightly and take ups kitchen top space, keeping them in Tower, clears up space and looks tidy.

It is only when you have one then you will appreciate the usefulness and functionality.

Drawers no doubt takes up more space but the accessibility is second to none.

What I simply adore are the drawers, especially at the lower parts.

No more squatting down and digging to look for things you need.

Now simply open the drawer and viola, bird's eye view of what I want. :wub:

20140902_182525.jpg

• Like 4

the holder not good ah aiya.. I accidentally bought 2 somemore haha

I like the idea of doing the " tower" but u seems to put it beside your oven?? will it get too hot and spoil the stuff inside your "tower" ??