Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OceanEleven

Back To The West

the holder not good ah aiya.. I accidentally bought 2 somemore haha

I like the idea of doing the " tower" but u seems to put it beside your oven?? will it get too hot and spoil the stuff inside your "tower" ??

The holder is fine, it does the job. Just dont like the plastic feel. Too "plasticy" if you get what I mean.

The roller bearing mechanism is simple, aint no rocket science. Can last for years, only concern will be material deteriorating over years.

Heat from the oven is not a problem, oven sit in with gaps on the side. Conceal so you cant see.

Also the back is expose, not totally enclosed as well and oven vents from the front.

Imagine folks who install the oven below a glass hob, if heat is there, hob might be affected as well.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

The "fish tank" look. Looks like an enclosed space in the carpentry.

The frame amplify the "fish tank" feel. So instead of solid top of granite, stone etc, we replace with carpentry.

And the top layered with tempered glass act as protected against the carpentry.

Additional lighting are added, as ceiling lights are not bright enough due to design.

20140902_183126.jpg

Another design idea from Mr. Foo.

The slide out is good for using rice cooker/electric kettle etc where the steam can emit directly and not onto the carpentry.

Further to that, can act as an "island" for food preparation with things within reach. :good:

20140902_182318.jpg

• Like 3

Very good idea. Could also consider adding sliding door to hide the "mess".

The "fish tank" look. Looks like an enclosed space in the carpentry.

The frame amplify the "fish tank" feel. So instead of solid top of granite, stone etc, we replace with carpentry.

And the top layered with tempered glass act as protected against the carpentry.

Additional lighting are added, as ceiling lights are not bright enough due to design.

20140902_183126.jpg

Another design idea from Mr. Foo.

The slide out is good for using rice cooker/electric kettle etc where the steam can emit directly and not onto the carpentry.

Further to that, can act as an "island" for food preparation with things within reach. :good:

20140902_182318.jpg

">http://>gallery_62896_497_15070.jpg

Hi OceanEleven, I saw your detailed explanation on how to go about making purchases from taobao and think of making my 1st purchase too.

I went to Amcon website and saw this. got very confused.... :(

How do I get started to engage Amcon's service? Can u advise me on which form to use if I want to buy items myself from Taobao/Tmall? :help::help:

TIA!!

Hi OceanEleven, I saw your detailed explanation on how to go about making purchases from taobao and think of making my 1st purchase too.

I went to Amcon website and saw this. got very confused.... :(

How do I get started to engage Amcon's service? Can u advise me on which form to use if I want to buy items myself from Taobao/Tmall? :help::help:

TIA!!

First, simply ignore the forms from Amcon if you are buying yourself.

Create Tmall/Taobao account, fill in as the delivery addresses as per my earlier post and start making your purchase.

Upon purchase, email to Amcon with your "marking" ie the address you filled in in your TB account.

This marking is for Amcon to identify the deliveries as your item. Example as below.

广州市越秀区北站南路69号义庆商储仓135 / 112库 邮编510403

联系人:倪先生 / 何小姐

电话/传真:020 - 3637 7718

手机:137 1160 1896

BLOCK 135/112,NO.69 BEI ZHAN NAN RD,YUEXIU,CHINA

Ang Mo Kio Ave 6 Blk xxx #xx-xx Singapore xxxxxx (your name) (mobile number)

Please ensure you inform Amcon immediately after your purchase and not a few days later, or when items reach Amcon.

If you are consolidating items, please inform Amcon not to deliver until all your items arrived.

NOTE: By informing means sending email with your "marking" then follow up with a phone call to Amcon.

Yes, it is so simple and straight forward. Key point is "marking", inform Amcon the "marking" and when to deliver.

All your purchase in Tmall/Taobao has a tracking number upon courier, you can monitor the arrival of the item individually.

Subject to your seller's courier, the tracking details may varies.

Once you have complete all your purchase and all sellers had couriered out, you can start preparing the list to Amcon.

The list MUST include "Courier name, Courier Number,Item description, Quantity,Value" which you will have once items are couriered out.

NOTE: Courier Number is 运单号码. Do not confuse with 物流编号 or 订单编号.

Send the list to Amcon for them to monitor the arrival of all items and get ready for shipping.

Prior sending, make sure this is fiinal, do not add on anything last minute, else it will be bothersome and messy.

Chances you may get partial shipment or complete shipment delay.

First, simply ignore the forms from Amcon if you are buying yourself.

Create Tmall/Taobao account, fill in as the delivery addresses as per my earlier post and start making your purchase.

Upon purchase, email to Amcon with your "marking" ie the address you filled in in your TB account.

This marking is for Amcon to identify the deliveries as your item. Example as below.

广州市越秀区北站南路69号义庆商储仓135 / 112库 邮编510403

联系人:倪先生 / 何小姐

电话/传真:020 - 3637 7718

手机:137 1160 1896

BLOCK 135/112,NO.69 BEI ZHAN NAN RD,YUEXIU,CHINA

Ang Mo Kio Ave 6 Blk xxx #xx-xx Singapore xxxxxx (your name) (mobile number)

Please ensure you inform Amcon immediately after your purchase and not a few days later, or when items reach Amcon.

If you are consolidating items, please inform Amcon not to deliver until all your items arrived.

NOTE: By informing means sending email with your "marking" then follow up with a phone call to Amcon.

Yes, it is so simple and straight forward. Key point is "marking", inform Amcon the "marking" and when to deliver.

All your purchase in Tmall/Taobao has a tracking number upon courier, you can monitor the arrival of the item individually.

Subject to your seller's courier, the tracking details may varies.

Once you have complete all your purchase and all sellers had couriered out, you can start preparing the list to Amcon.

The list MUST include "Courier name, Courier Number,Item description, Quantity,Value" which you will have once items are couriered out.

NOTE: Courier Number is 运单号码. Do not confuse with 物流编号 or 订单编号.

Send the list to Amcon for them to monitor the arrival of all items and get ready for shipping.

Prior sending, make sure this is fiinal, do not add on anything last minute, else it will be bothersome and messy.

Chances you may get partial shipment or complete shipment delay.

IC... so there is no such thing as to register in Amcon first before purchase. :no:

Thanks for your explanation!! :good:

Very good idea. Could also consider adding sliding door to hide the "mess".

Adding doors will be a little "overkill". Whole kitchen will look have having full height cabinets.

Also very time if wanna use have to open the door, kinda troublesome as well. :lol:

The sliding surface idea so as not to spoil the top cabinet is a good one!

Thanks. Mr. Foo gave the design, I added the glass. :P

OceanEleven,

Been reading your posts for the last hour and boy, aren't you detailed. it was a pleasure to read your insights and explanations. pics of your beautiful home, no need to say liao. those are awesome!

thank you for sharing!

This is right beside the "holder" box up (my above post). One of my personal favorite. Nothing unique, took the idea from Blum, call the "Tower" unit.

Tower is extremely useful to keep daily consumables such as sauces, canned food, condiments etc.

Things that are pretty unsightly and take ups kitchen top space, keeping them in Tower, clears up space and looks tidy.

It is only when you have one then you will appreciate the usefulness and functionality.

Drawers no doubt takes up more space but the accessibility is second to none.

What I simply adore are the drawers, especially at the lower parts.

No more squatting down and digging to look for things you need.

Now simply open the drawer and viola, bird's eye view of what I want. :wub:

20140902_182525.jpg

I 'heart' this!! Totally LOVE it..

I initially wanted to get those drawing baskets.. but upon seeing this.. i told IDs abt the idea and get them to quote me..

Thanks for sharing OceanEleven!!