Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OceanEleven

Back To The West

TAOBAO : Input of deliver address

Till date some folks may still be confused over the input of address issue hence the recollection of this post.

In Taobao site, fill in delivery address as "Amcon address/My address". Since I used only Amcon, so I input Amcon's address.

Details please see below posts.

Shipping By AMCON

I did a little homework, ask around a little, made some calls and decided to use Amcon.

Why I choose them? I called them a couple of times; I even spoke to the lady boss – May.

Communication is there but pretty much on the vague side though. Only thru more conversations I managed to get a better grasp of the complete process.

The process is actually pretty straight forward, especially if you purchase yourself and send to Amcon’s warehouse in China.

Though Amcon provide purchase on behalf option but I believe the charges is RMB50 per order (regardless of quantity) which I totally skipped.

Amcon has 4 warehouses in China. Namely – Guangzhou, Dongguan, shanghai and Zhejiang Yiwu.

So choose one point as your delivery point. I used Guangzhou because it seems most items on Tmall or Taobao are from the Guangdong region.

Next, when you order your items, you have to “mark” your items. By marking means filling in a standard for all delivery address such as following:

**广州市越秀区北站南路69号义庆商储仓135 / 112

联系人:倪先生 / 何小姐

电话/传真:020 - 3637 7718

手机:137 1160 1896

BLOCK 135/112,NO.69 BEI ZHAN NAN RD,YUEXIU,CHINA

Ang Mo Kio Ave 6 Blk xxx #xx-xx Singapore xxxxxx (your name) (mobile number)

= transfer

This is for Amcon to identify things you have ordered and to consolidate. One shortcoming is that Amcon will not follow up if they received the items.

You have to tracked it yourself from Tmall or Taobao (so far both will indicate item been delivered and signed for), neither nor will Amcon check the items for defects. So practice caution when purchasing fragile items.

Do note that though Peeka offer to check items but limited to certain packaging only. Anything that is wooded crated, they will not check as well.

In my opinion, the risk is still worth taking, especially if you have getting savings from the items purchased after comparing with getting locally.

“Marking” means by filling the above address ** in your Taobao account and set it as default delivery address.

Pros & Cons

Pros: Reasonable shipping rates, office in Singapore, able to consolidate items, good for bulky items.

Cons: No checking of items, a bit slow cos only sea freight, no informing when received items.

Charges

LCL Charges

From Guangzhou Warehouse to your Address

A) 1 CBM 550RMB/CBM

B) Documentation Fee SGD35/set

C) 7% GST

Amcon & Shipping

Some folks are still a little confuse so I will try to be a little more detail.

Set up an account in Taobao or Tmall, set up in one and you can use the same account in either site.

Go fill up the delivery address in Taobao**, as always, all online shopping needs a shipping address.

Shipping address, please refer to above writings. You MUST write in 2 address for Amcon to identify as your item.

Else simply shipping to Amcon China will not indicate who the buyer is or what is inside the package.

Next is the payment in TB, I understand when nowadays when you sent up a Taobao account, you will auto get an Alipay account.

Alipay 支付宝 is the payment platform similar as Paypal. If you did not get the account, suggest you to get set up one Alipay account as well.

In Taobao, after placing an order, the site will direct you to payment page. From there choose this 海外其它地区版.

From there, you will see Nets payment. Yes, Nets payment. Surcharge is SGD1 per transaction.

And from here, I believe the rest is history.

So there you go, Taobao made easy for all.

As mentioned in my earlier post, first identify your forwarder. In my case, I employed the service of Amcon.

So I will make my purchase, informing the seller to input delivery address as "Amcon address/My address". (Refer to my earlier post)

The 2 addresses is for seller to send to Amcon and your address for Amcon to identify that it is your item.

If you are consolidating, then please email to Amcon, informing them the "Amcon address/My address".

Instruct them not to send until you give the green light as you are consolidating.

Next follow up with a phone call to Amcon Singapore to confirm they received the mail and understood your intention.

So far Amcon aint a big fan of replying email so do your part to chip in the effort.

When you are ready to ship, please prepare a list for Amcon.

Details needed: Domestic delivery number (快递单号), delivery company name(快递公司名), item description, quantity and value.

All these can be found on your Taobao account under purchased item.

Info are need for Amcon to ensure all items have arrived at Amcon warehouse and ready for shipping.

Also for custom declaration and GST purposes.

Hope the above helps. Happy shopping.

Note: You only need to inform Amcon once that you are consolidating and do not ship out your purchase till you are ready.

Multiple reminder are not require and unnecessary.

Do so when your FIRST item is ship out and not wait for a few to ship out.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Think I have never posted this before, The Legrand Mallia series switches with the options for LED light.

This comes in handy when you come home late night or a night pee. :good:

The switches comes as a set but EACH LED sold separately. :bangwall:

20150519_015831%201.jpg

20150126_151649%201.jpg

Where did you buy this & how much is it?

Choo Chiang Marketing sells them. Despite there are many color in this Legrand Mallia range, Choo Chiang carries only about 3-4 colors.

Prices varies, 1 gang approx. below $5 and 3 gangs is maybe $5 plus. I dont remember the exact prices. LED is about $2 each.

To fit the whole house may need $100 up, depends on how many switches you wanna install with this.

I roughly remember I spent about $400 plus minus, I use them for plugs as well.

20140705_183527.jpg

wow I read from page 1 till this latest post, sweat.

can I know on a scale of 1 - 10, how would you rate your ID Mr Foo and I dont remember you mentioning about your final quotation (or did u, paiseh too many pages, read till blur), mind sharing.

Thanks, very informative TBlog

wow I read from page 1 till this latest post, sweat.

can I know on a scale of 1 - 10, how would you rate your ID Mr Foo and I dont remember you mentioning about your final quotation (or did u, paiseh too many pages, read till blur), mind sharing.

Thanks, very informative TBlog

I wouldnt go as far as rating my ID in any sense, many factors comes into play. For example, my renovations spans over 6 months.

How many couples are able or willing to wait so long. No, dont be mistaken, Mr. Foo did not drag out the renovation.

Matter of fact, we simply drift along, improvising and discussing along the way, making changes and exploring possibilities.

And this, is one factor that plays a huge part in the renovation.

So the overall experience is only as good as how expectations are manage. Not only how you manages but also how the ID manages too.

Communication goes a long way in ensuring a smooth and fruitful renovation. For every little part you play, you will enjoy the rewards yield later.

Let's talk about what makes the cooperation ticks.

Mr. Foo is good at space planning. From a second home owner point of view, I value the amount of storage I want. Mr. Foo did a good job on this.

He also dares to challenge your idea, rejecting despite your request. But of course, if you insist, you will get your way, at least not without his input first.

Mr. Foo is not your conventional ID, armed with a portfolio, selling you his ideas. Cut & past from previous project and recycle ideas is not his forte.

He doesnt do 3D but is able to convey across his idea in a simple sketch. It clicks with me, aint no fan of 3D. Think I had a post on 3D earlier.

He comes bearing nothing, yes nothing, like a clean slate. you are suppose to provide your liking, preferences while he will expand and improve your ideas.

Some may like it, some dont. It suits me well for it is my house but I need the expertise to further improve and enhance and Mr. Foo does it with an open mind.

Some IDs like to sell their ideas and not so much about what you want or need, not Mr. Foo.

He has a good team of carpenter. Coming from with almost 100 feet of carpentry done, I guess I can make this statement with credibility.

Workmanship is good, small rectifications done without questions, modifications accepted without comments. Ability to install Blum is a plus as well.

Mr. Foo is also on site at the key moments, from hacking, running of aircon trunking, running of plumbing, even running of gas line etc.

He is always there to ensure things are done in the way he wanted and not leave it to the contractors who does the job.

Overall, I had a fun time doing the renovation with Mr. Foo. These are my personal opinions. Your mileage may varies. :jammin:

Hi O11,

For the "Tower" that you had in your kitchen cabinet, is the sourcing of the cabinet done by yourself & Mr Foo helped to build or does the materials come from him as well? Trust that if the materials come from him, the cost your kitchen's cabinet PFR will be higher?

Also, I heard a lot of horror stories of sink/faucet bought from TB rusting after months. From your post, I garner it has been a year? How is it holding up now?

Thank you so much for contributing to this community and "educating" noobs like us. Really appreciate it.

Weiyan

I wouldnt go as far as rating my ID in any sense, many factors comes into play. For example, my renovations spans over 6 months.

How many couples are able or willing to wait so long. No, dont be mistaken, Mr. Foo did not drag out the renovation.

Matter of fact, we simply drift along, improvising and discussing along the way, making changes and exploring possibilities.

And this, is one factor that plays a huge part in the renovation.

So the overall experience is only as good as how expectations are manage. Not only how you manages but also how the ID manages too.

Communication goes a long way in ensuring a smooth and fruitful renovation. For every little part you play, you will enjoy the rewards yield later.

Let's talk about what makes the cooperation ticks.

Mr. Foo is good at space planning. From a second home owner point of view, I value the amount of storage I want. Mr. Foo did a good job on this.

He also dares to challenge your idea, rejecting despite your request. But of course, if you insist, you will get your way, at least not without his input first.

Mr. Foo is not your conventional ID, armed with a portfolio, selling you his ideas. Cut & past from previous project and recycle ideas is not his forte.

He doesnt do 3D but is able to convey across his idea in a simple sketch. It clicks with me, aint no fan of 3D. Think I had a post on 3D earlier.

He comes bearing nothing, yes nothing, like a clean slate. you are suppose to provide your liking, preferences while he will expand and improve your ideas.

Some may like it, some dont. It suits me well for it is my house but I need the expertise to further improve and enhance and Mr. Foo does it with an open mind.

Some IDs like to sell their ideas and not so much about what you want or need, not Mr. Foo.

He has a good team of carpenter. Coming from with almost 100 feet of carpentry done, I guess I can make this statement with credibility.

Workmanship is good, small rectifications done without questions, modifications accepted without comments. Ability to install Blum is a plus as well.

Mr. Foo is also on site at the key moments, from hacking, running of aircon trunking, running of plumbing, even running of gas line etc.

He is always there to ensure things are done in the way he wanted and not leave it to the contractors who does the job.

Overall, I had a fun time doing the renovation with Mr. Foo. These are my personal opinions. Your mileage may varies. :jammin:

Hi O11,

For the "Tower" that you had in your kitchen cabinet, is the sourcing of the cabinet done by yourself & Mr Foo helped to build or does the materials come from him as well? Trust that if the materials come from him, the cost your kitchen's cabinet PFR will be higher?

Everything is done by Mr. Foo, from design to supply of material, all falls under carpentry.

I dont rem the PFR for the kitchen cabinet but overall difference is not that huge.

Till date, I am still very happy with the carpentry work done for the design and workmanship.

The only thing in the Tower that was supply by me are the runners and soft closing.

I used Blum, still performing well and sturdy despite the hefty load.

Hi O11, so you got the runners from Blum directly? Can u pm me your contact in Blum? Thanks

Oh my, you sure are early on a weekend morning!

Will sent you the contact. Do note that they are Blum reseller.

So the proper way to do is to ask your carpenters to write down the quantity and model of the items require then you approach them.

They do not entertain walk ins needing assistance and seeing samples. There is absoultely nothing whatsoever at the shop to be seen or touch.

Also, I heard a lot of horror stories of sink/faucet bought from TB rusting after months. From your post, I garner it has been a year? How is it holding up now?

The Sellena sink is doing well, there was some spot rust but due to no usage.

Normal washing with the sponge and spots are gone.

After moving in and daily usage, no more any rust spots. :good:

I had received some more queries about Sellena’s sink quality.

Been using for almost a year and all is good barring the usual scratch marks here and there.

Stainless steel will still rust, especially if left for a period of time with water contact.

However such rust are more like spot rust which during daily usage can be remove with simple washing with soap.

I did mine undermount, of course with the risk of failure, the aftermath is unimaginable.

So far it serves me well, it does not sounds flimsy when washing pots and pans with all the banging and clanging.

I did ever considered Kraus but cant bear to look at the price, add on with shipping cost, I gave it a pass.

A SGD500 sink will not make me do my dishes better but for some will give them a peace of mind. :lol:

20150619_235444.jpg

Oh my, you sure are early on a weekend morning!

Will sent you the contact. Do note that they are Blum reseller.

So the proper way to do is to ask your carpenters to write down the quantity and model of the items require then you approach them.

They do not entertain walk ins needing assistance and seeing samples. There is absoultely nothing whatsoever at the shop to be seen or touch.

The Sellena sink is doing well, there was some spot rust but due to no usage.

Normal washing with the sponge and spots are gone.

After moving in and daily usage, no more any rust spots. :good:

Hi O11,

Thanks! Have been MIA coz too busy... :wacko: Will continue on reading your blog... I haven't finished! Gambatte (to me)... :jammin:

Weiyan