Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OceanEleven

Back To The West

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Anyone bought other non-irobots before? Saw a Dyson Eye in Japan. Was looking for robots that can do mopping as well (lazy to do it) but apparently the braava series are completely different from the roomba series iRobots which was a disappointing discovery.

hi

can i have the tb link for your kitchen tap?

your grohe shower tap is ard 1099 rmb?

Edited by rxgn

Anyone bought other non-irobots before? Saw a Dyson Eye in Japan. Was looking for robots that can do mopping as well (lazy to do it) but apparently the braava series are completely different from the roomba series iRobots which was a disappointing discovery.

I did a study before I commit on the LG Bot. For mopping, that time iRobot seems to be the most convincing.

After studying further and taking into consideration the price, I gave up the idea.

iRobot uses quite little water and likely to get dirty very quickly. Hence the constant need to change.

Self mop will already get the pail of water to be dark and cloudy covering barely half the area of a 4 room unit.

Given the cost and efforts required, I reckon self mop is a quicker and better option.

As for the LG Bot, no regrets, works great, especially under the bed areas, let it run the do the mop.

Fast and hassle free, money well spent in my opinion.

hi

can i have the tb link for your kitchen tap?

your grohe shower tap is ard 1099 rmb?

I bought my kitchen tap, washroom faucets and rain shower head, bidets all from this shop.

Many items are not listed on the page, you may have to chat with them on Ali Wang Wang for more info.

Matter of fact I called the lady in charge and exchange emails for more info on pics and price.

https://shop66081815.world.taobao.com/?spm=a312a.7728556.2015080705.3.Sv20k8

I had just check, the Grohe shower set is now RMB1199.

There are various designs, those with thermostat will cost much more.

so far all taps, bidet,faucets, shower heads working well, no sign of rust?

could i get the grohe shower set link again? i can only find below

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=17768925643&toSite=main

So far all working fine, no rust whatsoever except the usual stains.

I had check Tmall Grohe again, seems like the color shower set is no longer for sale. What a pity.

Anyway, your link is the same shop I bought from.

Hi OceanEleven,

Not sure if you listed in your previous threads but are your bidet, taps, faucets, shower heads stainless steel material or Brass?

Glad to hear that they are working fine with no rust as a few other renotalkers have recommended not to buy these items from TB as they experience leakage, rust etc. TB prices are so irresistibly good!

I am currently shopping around for my new BTO and I got a very noob question to ask everyone - when buying the wash basin for the toilet or sink for the kitchen, is there a need to buy the accessories (hose/fittings that connect to the piping)? Or is this typically done up by ID/contractors and we will just need to buy the basin or sink itself? 

11 hours ago, keshinji said:

Hi OceanEleven,

Not sure if you listed in your previous threads but are your bidet, taps, faucets, shower heads stainless steel material or Brass?

Glad to hear that they are working fine with no rust as a few other renotalkers have recommended not to buy these items from TB as they experience leakage, rust etc. TB prices are so irresistibly good!

I am currently shopping around for my new BTO and I got a very noob question to ask everyone - when buying the wash basin for the toilet or sink for the kitchen, is there a need to buy the accessories (hose/fittings that connect to the piping)? Or is this typically done up by ID/contractors and we will just need to buy the basin or sink itself? 

Basin and sink accessories are provided when you buy the, connection is from the drain hole (underneath the sink/basin).

The plumber will then provide the pipes and simple fixture to secure the connection.

On 6/19/2015 at 0:12 AM, OceanEleven said:

I had received some more queries about Sellena’s sink quality.

Been using for almost a year and all is good barring the usual scratch marks here and there.

Stainless steel will still rust, especially if left for a period of time with water contact.

However such rust are more like spot rust which during daily usage can be remove with simple washing with soap.

I did mine undermount, of course with the risk of failure, the aftermath is unimaginable.

So far it serves me well, it does not sounds flimsy when washing pots and pans with all the banging and clanging.

I did ever considered Kraus but cant bear to look at the price, add on with shipping cost, I gave it a pass.

A SGD500 sink will not make me do my dishes better but for some will give them a peace of mind. :lol:

20150619_235444.jpg

Hi OceanEleven,

Was this sink from TB as well?

Can share the link again?

On 6/19/2014 at 11:32 AM, OceanEleven said:

Yes, delivery in JB is FOC. I had checked and confirmed that they do deliver to Singapore but as mentioned, they outsource.

Cost per trip is SGD250, excluding GST and delivery to below your block only and not to your unit.

So you have to be there for collection and payment and make sure you have a trolley.

Else can consider to borrow/rent a car for the purpose if quantity is not big. Car rental can get as low as SGD80 per day.

Best solution, get a car, meet them at the Shell petrol station right after Woodlands customs for the transaction.

Whole process less than a hour.

Hi,

Noticed you did bricks on 2 piece of wall - can share the size of each wall?
I know the length of the piece of wall I target to brick it up is ard 2.87m, if height is 2.8m = that is almost 8m
meaning I need to get 8 x 3 boxes to cover up my wall?

6 hours ago, koxxic said:

Hi,

Noticed you did bricks on 2 piece of wall - can share the size of each wall?
I know the length of the piece of wall I target to brick it up is ard 2.87m, if height is 2.8m = that is almost 8m
meaning I need to get 8 x 3 boxes to cover up my wall?

I dont remember the length of each wall but total length is in excess of 7m. Some details can be found on page 15. Working backwards which I bought 22 packs, balance one and half and each pack covers approx. 1m2, so meaning I used 20 packs equals to 20m2.

Divided by 20/2.8 = Approx. 7.14m

Given your measurements of 2.87m x 2.8 = 8.1 m2.

Calculating this ways means you need 9 packs. However you need to cater for broken pieces so buying 10 packs will be a safer bet.

22 minutes ago, OceanEleven said:

I dont remember the length of each wall but total length is in excess of 7m. Some details can be found on page 15. Working backwards which I bought 22 packs, balance one and half and each pack covers approx. 1m2, so meaning I used 20 packs equals to 20m2.

Divided by 20/2.8 = Approx. 7.14m

Given your measurements of 2.87m x 2.8 = 8.1 m2.

Calculating this ways means you need 9 packs. However you need to cater for broken pieces so buying 10 packs will be a safer bet.

Knew my calculation was wrong..I was going with 22 packs haha