Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OceanEleven

Back To The West

Dont worry too much, 25cm is about 10inches, if the shower head is thin, the water can spread across easily.

Actually a bigger head covers a larger area, with a better "rain" effect. Yours should do just fine.

Mine not very thin! But thanks for the tip. :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Aircon Compressors

A little DIY project. During aircon servicing, I was told that my compressors are very dirty.

Couple with the haze and dust, the cooling fins are kinda clogged with dust and etc.

Despite having a aircon ledge, not advisable to step out onto it.

Hence devised a simply DIY plan to do a simple cleaning.

20151026_165509.jpg

Bought the water hose, spray gun, adapter, and clip tie all below $30. .

The idea is to connect to the bidet and hose the cooling fins down. Hopefully will aid in functioning of compressors.

So now all set and good to go. All I need is for the sky to rain. :jammin:

20151026_171401.jpg

This is on my wishlist for next Amazon purchase! :D Is it good? Is the base heavy enough to hold the paper towel when you pull?

Some Amazon Purchase :thumbs up:

simplehuman Tension Arm Paper Towel Holder, Stainless Steel

4.jpeg

Aircon Compressors

A little DIY project. During aircon servicing, I was told that my compressors are very dirty.

Couple with the haze and dust, the cooling fins are kinda clogged with dust and etc.

Despite having a aircon ledge, not advisable to step out onto it.

Hence devised a simply DIY plan to do a simple cleaning.

20151026_165509.jpg

Bought the water hose, spray gun, adapter, and clip tie all below $30. .

The idea is to connect to the bidet and hose the cooling fins down. Hopefully will aid in functioning of compressors.

So now all set and good to go. All I need is for the sky to rain. :jammin:

20151026_171401.jpg

Can I know why need to rain then can wash the aircon compressor? I also wan to wash mine.

This is on my wishlist for next Amazon purchase! :D Is it good? Is the base heavy enough to hold the paper towel when you pull?

I would say the base is heavy enough but the really good part is the LOOK. :good:

Tearing needs a little "technique" though. Cant explain in words but hands on you will know what I meant. :notti:

Can I know why need to rain then can wash the aircon compressor? I also wan to wash mine.

If you wash when raining, downstairs cant complain, as it is raining, the logic and common sense is that the windows are all closed. :lol:

Make sure you don't spray and wet the passer by below mah

As mentioned, wash only when raining, so passerby either wet by me or the rain.

Aircon Compressors

Finally it rained last night. Quickly hook up the hose and spray wash the fins.

I would say the result is satisfactory. The blowers are cooler with same the settings. :jammin:

I would say the base is heavy enough but the really good part is the LOOK. :good:

Tearing needs a little "technique" though. Cant explain in words but hands on you will know what I meant. :notti:

Thanks! Yay to nice looking kitchen towel holder! hahaha :sport-smiley-018:

Thanks! Yay to nice looking kitchen towel holder! hahaha :sport-smiley-018:

Get a few more things from Amazon to quality for the free shipping. Bought from Amazon no less than 10 times already.

A couple items from Simple Human and OXO are worth considering. Happy shopping. :jammin:

LG Roboking

I can only comment on LG Roboking. I did some homework before I commit.

Compare what was in the market then, then finally decided on LG. Reason, mainly the cost.

Performance wise, it is actually on par or even better than some of those in the market.

LG is definitely more pocket friendly, got it during a Qoo10 sale at less than $600, more like approx.. 560.

The renowned iRobot Roomba series are going at more than $1k local. Newer models are $1.5k.

That is an absurd amount to pay for a vacuum, especially after if you compare with prices in Amazon.

If you want a first-hand feel on local prices, go to http://www.autovacstore.com/ .

Anyway, LG does the job for me, small to medium crumbs are sucked up effortlessly while bigger pieces will prove to be a challenge.

As all vacuums, underneath has some brushes, in this case, a roller brush that ran almost the length of the machine.

So after time, hair will get entangle and require manual remover. Not a pleasing job I must say.

Generally it moves over all sorts of flooring, vinyl, tiles, laminates etc. All not a problem but rugs and carpets may not work so well.

Especially if they are thin and flimsy type, the vacuum will “roll and push” then get stuck. It also does not handle the kerb well.

Any height of 1 cm, will see the fella struggle to roll over. If it manage to roll “on top”, it will have no problem continuing on.

This mainly applies to the kerb between kitchen and living room

Maintenance is easy, the simple clean after use, try not let the hair in the brush to build up, it may jam the roller brush, and indirectly may spoiler the mechanisms inside. There a “box” inside the vacuum to collect the “goodies”, detached it and empty it.

No bags and the box can be wash and air dry, ready to use again.

Buying from Qoo10 is in Korean language, even the control, remote, voice etc. However English manual is easily downloaded from the internet, anyway, once you set it. You will let it be and run by itself. You wont fancy yourself meddling with the settings every time you wanna use it.

It comes with a docking station and it will automatically return back to dock when low on battery, unless it “wander” too far to go back, or you place it in another area. Eg, you wanna clean the MBR only, so you will carry it to MBR, close the door and let it run.

Overall to me, is a good buy, saves time. Let the fella run while I do other house work. :good:

LG Roboking

I can only comment on LG Roboking. I did some homework before I commit.

Compare what was in the market then, then finally decided on LG. Reason, mainly the cost.

Performance wise, it is actually on par or even better than some of those in the market.

LG is definitely more pocket friendly, got it during a Qoo10 sale at less than $600, more like approx.. 560.

The renowned iRobot Roomba series are going at more than $1k local. Newer models are $1.5k.

That is an absurd amount to pay for a vacuum, especially after if you compare with prices in Amazon.

If you want a first-hand feel on local prices, go to http://www.autovacstore.com/ .

Anyway, LG does the job for me, small to medium crumbs are sucked up effortlessly while bigger pieces will prove to be a challenge.

As all vacuums, underneath has some brushes, in this case, a roller brush that ran almost the length of the machine.

So after time, hair will get entangle and require manual remover. Not a pleasing job I must say.

Generally it moves over all sorts of flooring, vinyl, tiles, laminates etc. All not a problem but rugs and carpets may not work so well.

Especially if they are thin and flimsy type, the vacuum will “roll and push” then get stuck. It also does not handle the kerb well.

Any height of 1 cm, will see the fella struggle to roll over. If it manage to roll “on top”, it will have no problem continuing on.

This mainly applies to the kerb between kitchen and living room

Maintenance is easy, the simple clean after use, try not let the hair in the brush to build up, it may jam the roller brush, and indirectly may spoiler the mechanisms inside. There a “box” inside the vacuum to collect the “goodies”, detached it and empty it.

No bags and the box can be wash and air dry, ready to use again.

Buying from Qoo10 is in Korean language, even the control, remote, voice etc. However English manual is easily downloaded from the internet, anyway, once you set it. You will let it be and run by itself. You wont fancy yourself meddling with the settings every time you wanna use it.

It comes with a docking station and it will automatically return back to dock when low on battery, unless it “wander” too far to go back, or you place it in another area. Eg, you wanna clean the MBR only, so you will carry it to MBR, close the door and let it run.

Overall to me, is a good buy, saves time. Let the fella run while I do other house work. :good:

Thanks for sharing.

Get a few more things from Amazon to quality for the free shipping. Bought from Amazon no less than 10 times already.

A couple items from Simple Human and OXO are worth considering. Happy shopping. :jammin:

Yea a have quite a number of items in my Amazon Wishlist! hahaha. Just waiting for the right moment to buy them. :P

Hi OceanEleven, can I check if you know. If I purchase electronics from US amazon, the plug is different. Any idea if this can be changed?