Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
claypot

Tam-Pines Head-Dee-Bee 3-Rm Re-Newal Tea-Blog

On the topic of Hob/Hood, lots of of indecision.

Initially, wanted a Induction hob (that's when i researched and learned the difference between Vitro-ceramic and real Induction) because there's no gas pipe in my flat. However, the cost of induction hob is at least twice (if not, thrice) the cost of a gas hob. But induction hob is more stylo-milo and safer than gas (heard it cooks faster with rumors of high electricity bill). So i went back and forth between gas and induction hob. But due to budget constraint, i most likely will choose a gas hob.

As for gas hob, I initially wanted the reputable Rinnai RB-2CG but its ex (almost the cost of an induction hob). So i drop it and decide to get same brand hob and hood, since there's a bundle package pricing which is better than buying separate brands. So i looked at FujiOh FX900 which has rave reviews because no need for replacing carbon filter which costs at least $20, and its better oil absorption. But then i come to a vertical beam of 74cm along the kitchen wall. So i'm now thinking whether to get 60cm wide hood instead of 90cm.

A research of 60cm hood narrows down to Tecno TB 68 S/S. However, I need to get a 30cm hob..

So a research on 30cm hob begun. Tecno does not have glass hob which is easier to clean, but only stainless steel which is prone to scratches. The 30cm glass hob is narrowed down to Delizia Single Burner Hob DZAG310. It uses cast iron which is stronger and more durable than Matt Enamel Coated Steel.

Edited by claypot

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Plastering completed and stainless steel water pipe has been installed. The kitchen sink's mixer is also installed. These are the photos my ID watsapp me yesterday:

gallery_57920_242_5428.jpg

gallery_57920_242_9169.jpg

gallery_57920_242_17462.jpg

e4c33002e1f60c8c29acb10f91ae3009_zps1377

554f61139152e2a9ffcaf83b9e2b32ca_zps0910

Didn't realize the mixer is so tall and super-obvious. But nice.

Edited by claypot

• Like 2

Nice sink and sink mixer! Is it the pullout type? :D

Yes, pull-out type. KrisRoz KS800017CT. Will post more photos when i go down tomorrow.

Spent 2.5hours with my ID at her office to select the wallpaint colors and also the laminate for the carpentry:

Bedroom 2

All paint must be Nippon odour-less Easy Wash

Walls: Snow flakes 1164

MBR

All paint must be Nippon odour-less Easy wash

Walls: Seabreeze 1126

beams/columns: Snow flakes 1164

Living Rm

All paint must be Nippon odour-less Easy Wash

Walls: Oyster Gray 1115 (TV wall & L-Box)

Pearl 1152 (the rest of the walls)

Bedroom Door frame: Glossy White

Sink support (front): Rustic Brown 1117

Kitchen

All paint must be Nippon Medifresh

Ceiling: Sail White 3157

Glass backing: SunGod 3164

Walls: Brightsteel 3177

Am also pondering whether to use wallpaper for selected walls..Any recommendations for wall paper?

Edited by claypot

These are the selected laminate for the carpentry (prior to the carpentry discussion). Since these are customized furniture, i avoided using the normal laminate that typical furniture shop sells. Lamitak was chosen for most of the laminate (did my homework by going to the Lamitak website, before going down to the ID office which has many actual samples):

Study Cabinet:

Dario Ramblas DXP 1329C (external)

Rima Ramshackle DXN 5335X (doors)

Lina florentina marble dxp 4318G (bottom external) - glossy so that it can reflect/bounce off more light from the LED strip

Wardrobe:

Doors – Blake ramshackle dxn 5325x

External – Sahara jute dxn 4306d

Kitchen top cabinet:

EDL Y-MA 82722 SILVER BRUSH (doors) - Not from Lamitak but EDL. Stainless-steel reflective look.

ANDO CONCRETE DXN 5324X (external) - to match with the grey/cement-screeded kitchen wall

Kitchen table-top: iquartz iZEN

Kitchen bottom cabinet:

Brushed Alumina MTA 9310XL (doors) - To prevent scratches from being evident, this was chosen. Metallic but already "scratched nicely for you".

Kitchen sink doors: Brushed Black MTA 1108XL - to match the reflective/super-gloss black tiles of the kitchen sink. To prevent scratches from being evident, this was chosen. Metallic but already "scratched nicely for you".

Have to give credit to my ID's selection, especially the wardrobe and the kitchen table-top

Edited by claypot

Yes, pull-out type. KrisRoz KS800017CT. Will post more photos when i go down tomorrow.

May I know what does pull out means ?

*ohh it means the water head part.

Edited by Songz

Hello! I just popped in to say that quite a few of the lamitaks that you shortlisted, I also gave serious consideration like ramshackle (and the variants)

One of the laminates I went with was brushed alumina which I really liked. Quite matt which is my preference.

Curious how the ando concrete turns out!

These are the selected laminate for the carpentry (prior to the carpentry discussion). Since these are customized furniture, i avoided using the normal laminate that typical furniture shop sells. Lamitak was chosen for most of the laminate (did my homework by going to the Lamitak website, before going down to the ID office which has many actual samples):

Study Cabinet:

Dario Ramblas DXP 1329C (external)

Rima Ramshackle DXN 5335X (doors)

Lina florentina marble dxp 4318G (bottom external) - glossy so that it can reflect/bounce off more light from the LED strip

Wardrobe:

Doors – Blake ramshackle dxn 5325x

External – Sahara jute dxn 4306d

Kitchen top cabinet:

EDL Y-MA 82722 SILVER BRUSH (doors) - Not from Lamitak but EDL. Stainless-steel reflective look.

ANDO CONCRETE DXN 5324X (external) - to match with the grey/cement-screeded kitchen wall

Kitchen table-top: iquartz iZEN

Kitchen bottom cabinet:

Brushed Alumina MTA 9310XL (doors) - To prevent scratches from being evident, this was chosen. Metallic but already "scratched nicely for you".

Kitchen sink doors: Brushed Black MTA 1108XL - to match the reflective/super-gloss black tiles of the kitchen sink. To prevent scratches from being evident, this was chosen. Metallic but already "scratched nicely for you".

Have to give credit to my ID's selection, especially the wardrobe and the kitchen table-top

Today is the eve of CNY, and also the start of CNY break for everyone. Electrical wiring was pre-laid and trunking installed over the past 2 days.

IMG_4153_zps34ba3f86.jpg

IMG_4160_zps834c813a.jpg

IMG_4158_zpsc0744b4f.jpg

IMG_4155_zpse1d68b4a.jpg

IMG_4162_zps50e0a2a5.jpg

Contractor left a broom. So itchy me, went to do some spring cleaning. sweep off much of the cement and plaster powder and small-debris. And went to perform water drainage test in the kitchen.

IMG_4168_zps8e8bff70.jpg

Turned ON the laundry tap full-blast for 11 mins to flood the kitchen:

IMG_4171_zps0a560f1d.jpg

But the water only reaches the kitchen sink even though the tap has been turned ON for 11 mins continuously.

IMG_4179_zps4a081b8a.jpg

And water height is not more than 2-3cm

IMG_4180_zps38b7ef84.jpg

Turned OFF the tap and the water was drained in 7 mins (not obvious in the photo, as the water level has gone down and the kitchen floor is merely wet)

IMG_4183_zps2da48cca.jpg