Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
claypot

Tam-Pines Head-Dee-Bee 3-Rm Re-Newal Tea-Blog

Kind of understand where you are coming from.

Actually theme is 1 thing and will changes as time goes on so not really an issue.

From the pictures I see that a lot of stuff is well made and etc, think that is the most important and follow by the comfort of it to you.

Endure for the last hurdle

(*By the way when all are installed can I go take a look :notti::notti: ) Hahaha ~

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Jia you! Gonna end soon!

But mine havent start I already lose exictement lioa. Now is more stress than excited. :bleah:

Hahaha ~ tell me about it.

My key collection is on 27th March and I don even got anything yet >.<

Looks like no more scandi theme, and the Kitchen's industrial theme looks half-past-six. But then modern look, and dunno what theme look....

Maybe once the lightings are installed, furniture are delivered, and cleaning is completed, the overall look and feel would be clearer.

Getting tired despite the CNY break. Over the past 8 weeks or so, have to check the contractors' and ID's works, make many decisions including decisions on what electrical appliances, lightings and furniture to buy so that they fit ascetically and are also practical, and balance all that with the budget. I don't have a spouse to help share the load too. Excitement is long dead, just want to quickly finish this and get over with it. This is getting to be a drag.

Hi, I totally understand how you feel bcos I also did Reno on my own. There were so many decisions to be made, both big and small. ID and frens can only give suggestions but the ultimate decision lies with you. Even though my ID was superb and helped me so much, I still felt stressed at times. Shopping for the house is a big problem as I don't have a car and have no energy to lug heavy things home. I only started to enjoy my place when the furnishing was largely done. That day will come soon for you too :)

• Like 1

Getting tired despite the CNY break. Over the past 8 weeks or so, have to check the contractors' and ID's works, make many decisions including decisions on what electrical appliances, lightings and furniture to buy so that they fit ascetically and are also practical, and balance all that with the budget. I don't have a spouse to help share the load too. Excitement is long dead, just want to quickly finish this and get over with it. This is getting to be a drag.

Gosh, I can imagine! Furniture can slowly buy methinks. Just do all the fundamentals first. Jia you! Almost there! =)

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your kind words and encouragement. :)

Received a photo via watsapp from Malaysia on the water feature that i've ordered (the original design is that there are some bricks/stones that are in red color, i requested not to have that but to only have some bricks/stone in grey. That's why they watsapp me to confirm that):

waterfeature_zps05105266.jpg

Not exactly custom made. Just a slight change in the color. The shape and design is still off-the-shelf but they manufacture individually in Malaysia

Looks like no more scandi theme, and the Kitchen's industrial theme looks half-past-six. But then modern look, and dunno what theme look....

Maybe once the lightings are installed, furniture are delivered, and cleaning is completed, the overall look and feel would be clearer.

haha...I went for 'no theme' theme from the start... :thumbs up:

I'm thinking as long as the stuff fits your usage needs, no need to stick to a theme.

Think on the bright side, a theme might look dated later when another theme-of-the-moment takes over as the current 'fashion'.

• Like 1

haha...I went for 'no theme' theme from the start... :thumbs up:

I'm thinking as long as the stuff fits your usage needs, no need to stick to a theme.

Think on the bright side, a theme might look dated later when another theme-of-the-moment takes over as the current 'fashion'.

For me most important is practical and useful

However of cause colors must match and don clash to be too ugly ~ :P

For me most important is practical and useful

However of cause colors must match and don clash to be too ugly ~ :P

I think contractor / ID will be able to advise if you are 'color blind' like my mum. Haha...she just renovated the kitchen only using same contractor as me and she picked a tile for the sink / stove support finish in color totally off from the existing kitchen flooring. The contractor kept trying to tell her another tile was more suitable but mom cannot 'see' the color difference until the sample tile was laid beside the existing flooring. :jawdrop:

Think contractor knows mom has no sense of color from the tile selection, so when time came to pick kitchen cabinets laminate, he circle 3 on the catalog and ask mom to pick one, ignore the others.

Even just brown there is ash brown/chocolate brown/rosy brown/red brown.....