Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
koori

Clueless Single's 4Rm Reno

Thanks for the sharing :)

Am particular about SS products coz I know there's variation in grading.. Will go check it out :)

:) glad to have been of help.

Some more information if anyone interested :

http://www.songcho.com/FAQs/faqlist.aspx

Apparently their stainless steel is by electrolysis to finish their stainless steel hence the rust resistance.

By the way, in case your ID/contractor can't install for you, Song-cho also provides installation services on a per trip basis $50. [i was told no limits on number of items installed. I didn't take this up though as my contractor was helping.]

Wah very nice, see liao very envious~~~ :dribble:

so nice..

thank you, thank you. :D

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Nice gate design! But i think i will go for white, personal preference.

Nice gate design! But i think i will go for white, personal preference.

Agree, it depends on personal preference. Prior owner loved bronze color, they had bronze grilles and gate.

I like silver more, I asked for grilles and gate both in silvery colors. :)

Another consideration is me lazy to wipe frequently lah. White color must be hardworking in maintenance......:P

• Like 1

:) glad to have been of help.

Some more information if anyone interested :

http://www.songcho.com/FAQs/faqlist.aspx

Apparently their stainless steel is by electrolysis to finish their stainless steel hence the rust resistance.

By the way, in case your ID/contractor can't install for you, Song-cho also provides installation services on a per trip basis $50. [i was told no limits on number of items installed. I didn't take this up though as my contractor was helping.]

thank you, thank you. :D

Thanks for the information.

Agree, it depends on personal preference. Prior owner loved bronze color, they had bronze grilles and gate.

I like silver more, I asked for grilles and gate both in silvery colors. :)

Another consideration is me lazy to wipe frequently lah. White color must be hardworking in maintenance...... :P

Yap its own house so liking it ownself is the most important.

Agree that white may look nice but will require more maintenance.

I didn't get the time to write about this earlier, but saw so many people getting stuff from Taobao in the blogs that I decided to buy some small stuff. I 'chicken', didn't dare to buy downlights, sink,etc that I see being purchased...I got all the taps/sink/lights locally instead.

Always had the impression that sea shipping will take very long, like close to a month.....but ordering via Peeka it took just slightly more than 2 weeks to arrive. So now I've got even more stuff to move from parent's house to new house later.

Stuff I bought :

蚕丝被 [quilt? comforter? I dunno the english name for this leh.]

The blanket is made of silk strands and is supposed to be warm and good for aircon rooms, or so I was told. I dunno how to differentiate if it's real silk, but it looks great at the moment. There's a inner zipper holding the silk stuffings and another outer cover. The outer cover turned out to be more pink then I expected though. I thought it is a light pale pink...else might have considered the beige cover instead.

This thing cannot be washed with water, can only sun it... so must protect it! :D

edit : confirmed real silk based on the 'burn' test suggested by Ocean below. :good:

IMG_2279_zpsc83e8e6e.jpgIMG_2278_zps7fd9e881.jpg

Cushions. Got 2 of these. These are nice too, covers are also quite sturdy material. Liking these as well.

IMG_2277_zpsf876aa66.jpg

Laundry bag. Material feels sturdy, the inside has this waterproof looking layer. Happy with these too. Pardon, me big foot in the picture and I didn't realise. :P

IMG_2281_zpscaed5f5d.jpgIMG_2282_zps49e39e0a.jpg

Edited by koori

• Like 1

蚕丝被 [quilt? comforter? I dunno the english name for this leh.]

The blanket is made of silk strands and is supposed to be warm and good for aircon rooms, or so I was told. I dunno how to differentiate if it's real silk, but it looks great at the moment. There's a inner zipper holding the silk stuffings and another outer cover. This thing cannot be washed, can only sun it... so must protect it! :D

You can try burning a strand of of the silk. Real silk when burn will turn to ashes like burning paper ashes and burn very easily.

some other odds and ends purchased. Bedsheet & quilt cover set, SS utensils, chopping board (didn't take out the bubble wrap....planning to just pack this when moving. Looks good at the moment, solid feel too.)

Even got a couple of soft toys. Hahahah.....

IMG_2428_zpsef4992b3.jpgIMG_2284_zpsa6a2d04f.jpgIMG_2275_zpsa0f2694e.jpgIMG_2280_zpsef470be5.jpg

The only thing I am not too happy with is the bedsheet set. I didn't read properly, didn't realise that this set has a flat sheet instead of a fitted sheet for the mattress....so now dunno how to use this set.

Flat sheet is just one piece of cloth, I think you need to tuck in the edges under the mattress like in hotels...me faintz....

The material feels ok to me, as in feels quite soft to the touch, not scratchy and stiff.

Might have to go taobao hunt for a fitted sheet in same pattern, or maybe get some other fitted sheet in white or some neutral shade to match :unsure:

You can try burning a strand of of the silk. Real silk when burn will turn to ashes like burning paper ashes and burn very easily.

Thanks for the pointer! Confirmed, it is real silk! Burned right away to black ashes...too small to take pictures too.....wind blow all fly off liao. haha

Even got a couple of soft toys. Hahahah.....

IMG_2275_zpsa0f2694e.jpg

This I like!! Cute!!Price and link?

Thanks for the pointer! Confirmed, it is real silk! Burned right away to black ashes...too small to take pictures too.....wind blow all fly off liao. haha

Glad to be of help. 蚕丝被。冬暖夏凉。 :thumbs up: