Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
koori

Clueless Single's 4Rm Reno

For those who are interested in the 'overall' views~

View from the main door (ignore the walnut coloured stuff. It's the shoe cabinet left behind by prior owner and my BR2 door, all stacked here as marble polishing coming up soon) :

IMG_2438_zps63709572.jpg

View from directly in front of the kitchen entrance :

IMG_2437_zps86d48724.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Nice update pictures.

The place is looking greater than the before update.

By the way, the washing machine and dryer stacking got leave a gab and also supported by bracket ?

Nice update pictures.

The place is looking greater than the before update.

By the way, the washing machine and dryer stacking got leave a gab and also supported by bracket ?

My washer and dryer are the same brand - Electrolux. Stacking kit is FOC...I told the salesgal I wanted to stack them and it was included in my order without charge.

Actually the stacking 'kit' is just a piece of flat metal that hooks onto the bottom of the dryer. Looks like one big tray. It's the same color as the dryer, so it's not obvious in the pictures.

Once they carry the dryer up and put it on top of the washer, there was a small 'click' sound and the machines are stacked together le.....looked easy...provided you got strength to lift up the machine. :P

I bought both machines at Courts, but somehow the dryer delivery was arranged by Electrolux themselves, it came slightly earlier (abt 10 minutes) than the Courts delivery guys...the 2 groups actually met at the lift lobby, one going out, one coming in.

So the guys who came later have to carry the dryer up and do the stacking lor. Smart of the Electrolux guys to come as early as they can make it. haha...:P

This is the first time I go to my unit 2 times in a day. Was there to take a picture of this broken mirror :

IMG_2452_zps7752f985.jpg

Got it from Song-cho as well, but it is a 3rd party vendor product on consignment at their showroom.

The salesgal did warn me before this item no warranty as it's not stainless steel. Exchanges without questions are only accepted within 7 days, these were delivered 6 March, and we only see this broken mirror when trying to install it......how now brown cow....

My mum called on my behalf to kick a big fuss at the head office as I was rejected when I called to ask for exchange. To be fair, also our fault as we did not tear open the protective layers to check the items when it was delivered..... The office gal poor thing also.. got scolded by mum.

End up she asked me to email her the broken mirror picture she will try asking her boss see how....

Shouldn't have assumed it was ok since mirrors are vulnerable.....it was only protected by a piece of cardboard when it arrived.

Oh well, must be mentally prepared to write off $65 in case it doesn't go well.... :(

This is the first time I go to my unit 2 times in a day. Was there to take a picture of this broken mirror :

IMG_2452_zps7752f985.jpg

Got it from Song-cho as well, but it is a 3rd party vendor product on consignment at their showroom.

The salesgal did warn me before this item no warranty as it's not stainless steel. Exchanges without questions are only accepted within 7 days, these were delivered 6 March, and we only see this broken mirror when trying to install it......how now brown cow....

My mum called on my behalf to kick a big fuss at the head office as I was rejected when I called to ask for exchange. To be fair, also our fault as we did not tear open the protective layers to check the items when it was delivered..... The office gal poor thing also.. got scolded by mum.

End up she asked me to email her the broken mirror picture she will try asking her boss see how....

Shouldn't have assumed it was ok since mirrors are vulnerable.....it was only protected by a piece of cardboard when it arrived.

Oh well, must be mentally prepared to write off $65 in case it doesn't go well.... :(

Hope you can get a replacement.

Anyway I think this is quite a small issue & amount which i consider a minor small hiccup

On a happier note~ saw marble polishing in progress, not sure what white liquid this is though .

IMG_2454_zpsb5b6df78.jpg

Hope to see the picture after the polishing

Think you might be able to move in within 2 weeks time :good:

Seems like you dont have a vanity top? Dont need one?

Nope, not needing one. Can't figure out what to put in a vanity top anyways. :P

Hi Koori,

can you share the taobao links for the silk quilt and laundry bag? What is the chinese term for laundry bag? Thanks.

Quilt : http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=7285687513

I bought the single bed sized quilt at ‘丝重一斤’ [silk weight 1 'Kati'. aka. 604.8 grams according to google translation.] only. Depending on your preference, you can get 'thicker' ones.

For me, I personally don't think Singapore is all that cold even with air-conditioning so I opt for the thinnest. [Actually I don't think it is very thin le....This thing is quite bulky.]

Laundry bag :http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=15358896258

search '衣服收纳桶/蓝'. [direct translate : clothes storage bucket/basket]

There are a lot more sellers and designs in taobao. I just decided on this shop as the reviews looked ok and they had the design I was looking for.

try 洗衣袋

洗衣袋 I think is those laundry nets with zipper kind...where you can throw into washing machine to protect your clothes. Coz I eyeing a seller's listing but haven't buy yet. hahah....

Shiny flooring after polishing ~

IMG_2469_zps7fd15456.jpg

Wah, swee swee liao.

But your living room wall how come got one big "dent" har? Or is that your dinning?