Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sforshor

I Am Small But I Have All

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I had pm you my ID & LED lights contacts. As for all my home appliances, I had written how I manage to buy it from one chain..... somewhere in my Blog. For the curtains, not recommended .

I said before, I will ONLY recommend those I felt worth must includes, price, service, workmanship attitude & friendliness. Else I don't bother to mention. For the curtain, the man who did it has attitude problem, so I will not write a single thing about them.

Hi Bro,

Nice house. Pls share your ID, quotation and LED contact pls, Thanks.

Hi Bro,

Nice house. Pls share your ID, quotation and LED contact pls, Thanks.

Thanks friend, pm already, Good luck !

Edited by sforshor

Hi sforshor,

Can you PM me your ID contacts, quotation and the LED distributor including LED shower head and tap? Thanks!!

The LED shower head link I posted somewhere in between my Blog. Thanks!

Hi sforshor,

Can I request for the contact of the LED distributor please? Many Thanks!

All pm sent.

Friends that asked me about the price, kindly call the distributor yourself to check. Another thing is, if you are going for the cheapest like what TB sell, you can skip this contact.

I had explain to a friend inquiring about the quality and pricing. I must say quality wise, very nice , bright and looks great ever since I installed. People buying from TB or even comparing the price, no one can beat TB i have to say. I bought many things from TB too, but not downlight. I have had bad experience before. Light flicker and driver not working, even though TB said 2 years warranty, one on one exchange, who will bear for the shipment???

For example, if you buy 10 downlights, 3 not the same watts, 2 not the same colour, 3 drivers not working and so on.......... it's a bet.

Conclusion , if you are just searching for the cheapest but not quality, TB might be the best bet.

My 2 cents worth! Good Luck!

Very useful blog with good advices...couldn't agree more on this "buy some snacks or drinks for the workers work in your house, remember, they are also human, treat them good and they will definitely put in 101%"

I m getting mt BTO soon. Could you pls pm me your Reno cost breakdown, ID and LED contact? If u have a few minutes, mind sharing your experiences why you prefer AE over TB or Tmall? Thks!

Very useful blog with good advices...couldn't agree more on this "buy some snacks or drinks for the workers work in your house, remember, they are also human, treat them good and they will definitely put in 101%"

I m getting mt BTO soon. Could you pls pm me your Reno cost breakdown, ID and LED contact? If u have a few minutes, mind sharing your experiences why you prefer AE over TB or Tmall? Thks!

Why I prefer AE rather than TB the reasons and experiences i encountered. To be direct, AE also MIC stuffs. As for TB, normally you need a Daigou to do all the orders for you. Most of them don't ship overseas.

If the products you ordered reach Sg without any problems or defects, TB is always the first choice. But if in the process of faulty items, scratches, or even the items not right, 65 daigou will represent you to nego with the sellers.....

But the negotiations will be always you on the losing side. Yes, one on one exchange, BUT...... you need to sent back the items to them, who is gonna bear the shipping cost? I call share from my experience and most Singaporeans mentality, " Aiya, forget about it, so troublesome" This was what I encountered by ordering my coffee table from TB. My daigou can only nego a 40 RMB refund for me, I had post earlier, a big cut on one side of the table. Pathetic right? A coffee table cost SGD 200, got a refund of only SGD8.

I bought many items via AE. I encountered 3-4 problems and it was solve within hours. First was the sink faucet, one of the tap leaks. I took a photo, no need to sent back the item, the seller resent another one for me with DHL within 4 days.

Second was my LED rain shower, again the seller sent me a 8" head but i ordered and paid for the 16"...... and yet the seller sent me a 16" for replacement within days, and I kept the 8" one , still with me.

No doubts AE is more expensive but I really found it worth.

And a few more incidents...... The above are all my personal encounters and experience. IMHO

Just sharing hope it will help those people who's first time reno. I learned from Renotalk, and it's time to share ........... Good Luck!

Edited by sforshor

Thanks friend!

Being a Buddhist, I had follow whatever knowledge I know gather from the website. I personally think that, all these are in our heart. So I follow some fellow friends advise for the Kai Men ritual. As this unit I bought belongs to JTC, so it doesn't have much to hack. Now the pressure is on my ID.......... The 3D drawing presented, we shall see how similar when the renovation completes, the renovation outcome will be update day by day!

At this point of time, I will not say what company I engaged, which ID working with me now, but to state out the process during my meetings with IDS........... I had contacted almost 15 of them, but I only meet up 5.

- The very first one is a lady from from Add design. She came with another ID during our appointment. A long conversation and is quite please to see them quite pro. But the reply isn't prompt. I text this ID and she took many days to reply my text, so I decide to give it a miss.

- The second one is also a lady ID from 3D innovative, Miss Rachel. Very punctual, very well knowledge and very prompt in replying calls and texts. I meet this ID 3 times in total and whats app each other very frequent. A very dedicated ID with very good knowledge in Renovation. I decided to meet her in her showroom....... WoW....... impressed!!!! Straight away short listed her because her proposal is somewhere near my criteria.

- The third one is the ID I engaged now. A cheerful young guy with very experience knowledge , proposal and pricing a little way off my initial budget but something impress me, his hardworking and patient . I will not write too much about him right now, judge him after the Reno completes.

- The forth one is a young lady name Wendy, from (K@leido) a spamming ID firm Interior. A very young lady just came into this trade. A very cheerful and nice character. And one thing I am impress is, this lady is not pushy at all, she love to share and learn......... She knows that I will not engaged her, but we still talk for 4-5 hours. The quotation of hers is way too much my initial budget, so I give her a miss. But we still keep in touch. She will have room to be a great ID in future.

- Finally the last ID I met is from (My de sign). Mr Roger. A ID with a lot of ideas. I met him twice, and the final day was the full quotation. When I read through the quotes, I found that his hacking works is 2 times more expensive than all the quotes, he told me his cost is higher, so I decide to give him a miss too as it's really the most expensive among the rest.

At the end of the day, I shortlisted Miss Rachel & Mr J. Both designers ideas and proposal are quite similar, but Miss Rachel from 3D quotation is about 3k more expensive. So among this two IDs I have to decide on who to engaged. A very hard decision to make as both of them are the type of IDs I am expecting to work with. At the end of the day, I called this two IDs up, being very straight forward to them, asking them to give me the Final quote that they can offer and from there I will decide which one to pen.

Conclusion, I sign with Mr J. As comparing apple to apple, Mr J proposal is almost similar to Miss Rachel, and the final price is lower by around 2.5k. I felt very bad as Miss Rachel is very pro and I did not engaged her for this project, if I have 2 houses to Renovate, Miss Rachel will definitely holds one. Thank you Rachel, you are one of the best ID I come across. Good luck to you!!!

7ht9.jpgpqed.jpghIwiqd8.jpg

Hi,

Your unit's layout looks a bit like mine. I also just bought a JTC unit and the facing is exactly the same as yours. And there's nothing much to hack as well. From the picture, I'm guessing your unit is located at Jurong West? I'm collecting my keys on 3.10.2014.

Cheers,

aSteRuS

The look of the Solid Brass Water Power Kitchen Faucet Swivel Spout Pull Out Vessel Sink Mixer Tap after installed, and lastly the glass backing is up. I must say, the entire house is 95% similar to the 3D proposed by my ID. Mr Javerson will arrange his company Photographer for a photo shoot next week. We shall see how similar.

h7tp.jpg

myzx.jpg

The glass backing installed. I chose the crystal white tempered glass.

0b0d.jpg

Completed reno. Needs to do some cleaning .........

ea93.jpg

Hi Bro,

I like your kitchen's design a lot. Can upload pictures of how you place your washing machine? Can pm me your ID/contractor's contact? How much did it cost you for this renovation? Your house looks like a 3A design to me.

Cheers,

aSteRuS

Edited by aSteRuS

Hello Sforshor

Very useful sharing and a nice house you got there. like the clean n white kitchen . I know you might feel like a broken radio but would you kindly share (pm me)your LED distributor contact please?

Thanks alot,

Elvira

Edited by elvira

Why I prefer AE rather than TB the reasons and experiences i encountered. To be direct, AE also MIC stuffs. As for TB, normally you need a Daigou to do all the orders for you. Most of them don't ship overseas.

If the products you ordered reach Sg without any problems or defects, TB is always the first choice. But if in the process of faulty items, scratches, or even the items not right, 65 daigou will represent you to nego with the sellers.....

But the negotiations will be always you on the losing side. Yes, one on one exchange, BUT...... you need to sent back the items to them, who is gonna bear the shipping cost? I call share from my experience and most Singaporeans mentality, " Aiya, forget about it, so troublesome" This was what I encountered by ordering my coffee table from TB. My daigou can only nego a 40 RMB refund for me, I had post earlier, a big cut on one side of the table. Pathetic right? A coffee table cost SGD 200, got a refund of only SGD8.

I bought many items via AE. I encountered 3-4 problems and it was solve within hours. First was the sink faucet, one of the tap leaks. I took a photo, no need to sent back the item, the seller resent another one for me with DHL within 4 days.

Second was my LED rain shower, again the seller sent me a 8" head but i ordered and paid for the 16"...... and yet the seller sent me a 16" for replacement within days, and I kept the 8" one , still with me.

No doubts AE is more expensive but I really found it worth.

And a few more incidents...... The above are all my personal encounters and experience. IMHO

Just sharing hope it will help those people who's first time reno. I learned from Renotalk, and it's time to share ........... Good Luck!

Hi Sforshor,

Thanks for your detailed tips! I guess I will buy those fragile items from AE and the rest from TB.

Just met with a few IDs last weekend. Spent few hours with each ID (~3 hours at DnT)...it's really a very tiring process.

Do you know if every ID from the same designer house uses the same contractor? Thanks!