Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Dotty

Brand Of Ur Washer

are you using a top load or front?

I'm contemplating between this 2... :unsure:

This one really, 2 different preference by 2 different group of people.

Some say front load much better, uses lesser water, not so harsh on clothes.

Some say top load is not all that bad.

I settled for front load because I buy all that claims. :D

It's definitely more expensive, but a mid end front load at a good discount can be the same price as a high end top load.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
This one really, 2 different preference by 2 different group of people.

Some say front load much better, uses lesser water, not so harsh on clothes.

Some say top load is not all that bad.

I settled for front load because I buy all that claims. :D

It's definitely more expensive, but a mid end front load at a good discount can be the same price as a high end top load.

hey lawry, off track abit...

Can check what happened to your t-blog? is it being locked or something?

hey lawry, off track abit...

Can check what happened to your t-blog? is it being locked or something?

Yes, it's been locked by the moderators

Have you read the subsequent entries after our conversation that time, revealed much more things.

Yes, it's been locked by the moderators

Have you read the subsequent entries after our conversation that time, revealed much more things.

Yah... i have read abt it... just wondering why are they decided to lock it... maybe under pressure from WEIKEN? or because you have already made a police report? i think we should start a new thread over this issue... so u can share with us your follow-up action etc...

Yah... i have read abt it... just wondering why are they decided to lock it... maybe under pressure from WEIKEN? or because you have already made a police report? i think we should start a new thread over this issue... so u can share with us your follow-up action etc...

Glad that you read, I gave a more complete explanation of this -blame sharing- which you thought was ridiculous. :P

Thinking back at what you said, maybe you were right after all. :)

The mods didn't give a reason why or how for locking it.

So now we are posting all over the place.

No idea if I'm allowed to open another T blog for such a purpose.

Edited by lawry

Guest melancholic

I heard that in time to come, washers that do not have the label which shows that they are water-saving, will not be allowed to be sold in Singapore. Not sure how true that is.

I was recommended a Sanyo top loader which purportedly uses more than 1/3 less water for a full load wash compared to other brands. (i.e. other 9kg top loader may use 55 litres of water for a full load while the Sanyo may only use 30+ litres). If it is really true, then I will seriously consider getting washers like this that use less water. Not just its greener, but also the great reduction in my water bill. Am currently staying with my in-laws. the 8.5 kg washer here is over-worked... full load every 2 days.. cos its 5 adults and 2 kids living here. Just imagine the water we will save.. and the reduction in bill!!

Im actually deciding between the Hitachi top load or the Panasonic top load... Hitachi one look more compact while the Panasonic one look abit bulky... but not sure about their water consumption etc.. anyone any comments on the said models? which one is more durable etc?

Also, only me and my wife using it, so not sure whether to get the 7kg or the 8kg one le...

Thanks!

anyone bought F&P washing machine?

heee....i'm using F & P. In fact had replied u on May 3.

Anyone using F&P washing machine???

yes, me using F & P washer and dryer.

paisey..didnt see the reply..

want to check with u.. F&P washing machine there is a centre cone.. can that cone be remove and wash??

heee....i'm using F & P. In fact had replied u on May 3.

want to check with u.. F&P washing machine there is a centre cone.. can that cone be remove and wash??

yes, it can be removed for cleaning.

I heard that in time to come, washers that do not have the label which shows that they are water-saving, will not be allowed to be sold in Singapore. Not sure how true that is.

I was recommended a Sanyo top loader which purportedly uses more than 1/3 less water for a full load wash compared to other brands. (i.e. other 9kg top loader may use 55 litres of water for a full load while the Sanyo may only use 30+ litres). If it is really true, then I will seriously consider getting washers like this that use less water. Not just its greener, but also the great reduction in my water bill. Am currently staying with my in-laws. the 8.5 kg washer here is over-worked... full load every 2 days.. cos its 5 adults and 2 kids living here. Just imagine the water we will save.. and the reduction in bill!!

i only hear next year there will have the enery label,water label never hear b4,only a few model went for the testing...https://app.pub.gov.sg/wels/

but i dun see sanyo washer inside hw come its only use 30+ litres of water,then the tub must be a 5kg tub lor...

if wan try can go for the samsung top loader wif the sliver nano,there have the thing cal mist shower this will help u save water in the rinise cycle...

i myself is using a front loader cos the water its use its 2 times lesses than the top loader....

Im actually deciding between the Hitachi top load or the Panasonic top load... Hitachi one look more compact while the Panasonic one look abit bulky... but not sure about their water consumption etc.. anyone any comments on the said models? which one is more durable etc?

Also, only me and my wife using it, so not sure whether to get the 7kg or the 8kg one le...

Thanks!

Hi greenpeace, we are thinking of getting the panasonic top load 9kg because of the Aquabeat and Ag stuff etc etc....but was informed by another forummer that several pansonic users warned that for panasonic, there is an exposed screw at the bottom of the drum and so stray threads might get caught in it and get damaged in the process.

I flipped thru my panasonic brochure and indeed saw an exposed screw but i am not sure if it really wld caused the above said problem. Dunno other brands of washing machines have this exposed screw thing anot. will go check it out at the electronics shop tml.

Hi greenpeace, we are thinking of getting the panasonic top load 9kg because of the Aquabeat and Ag stuff etc etc....but was informed by another forummer that several pansonic users warned that for panasonic, there is an exposed screw at the bottom of the drum and so stray threads might get caught in it and get damaged in the process.

I flipped thru my panasonic brochure and indeed saw an exposed screw but i am not sure if it really wld caused the above said problem. Dunno other brands of washing machines have this exposed screw thing anot. will go check it out at the electronics shop tml.

Hi Bon...

Indeed i have noticed abt the exposed screw as well... my initial worry was rusting, now really dunno if i should be getting the panasonic one since there are so many "potential" probs...

I have checked the hitachi one, no exposed screw etc... but not sure if it is good or not... but one thing for sure, the hitachi one look "slimmer" :P