Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Dotty

Brand Of Ur Washer

Well I have been using this Hitachi model for about 6 weeks liao. So far no problems. Very easy to use and sure can wash a lot of clothes. Still trying to figure out if I use spin of 600 rpm vs 1000rpm, what is the main difference? Does the clothes get drier but more creasy?

Thanks ... anyway .. got myself the Hitachi liao ... Initially still thinking of getting the cheaper Pana or Toshiba but latter choose hitachi reason is

Over Pana - Hitachi using Direct Drive which is quieter ... My old Toshiba is a real noisy machine. Even in master bedroom can hear it spinning. Like the Pana Aquawash thingy and the Ag .. but I donno if that is really good.

Over Toshiba .. well .. previous is also Toshiba and the current batch of DD aint too impressive for me. So time to change brand to try...

the sale in Gain City recommends me the LG model ... say pretty good Korean parts and assemble in Thailand and blah blah .. But after I see some really negative comment in regards to Appliance from LGE. . I think I will missed that. Think fridge still ok cos my parent using it since 2001...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Thanks ... anyway .. got myself the Hitachi liao ... Initially still thinking of getting the cheaper Pana or Toshiba but latter choose hitachi reason is

Over Pana - Hitachi using Direct Drive which is quieter ... My old Toshiba is a real noisy machine. Even in master bedroom can hear it spinning. Like the Pana Aquawash thingy and the Ag .. but I donno if that is really good.

Over Toshiba .. well .. previous is also Toshiba and the current batch of DD aint too impressive for me. So time to change brand to try...

the sale in Gain City recommends me the LG model ... say pretty good Korean parts and assemble in Thailand and blah blah .. But after I see some really negative comment in regards to Appliance from LGE. . I think I will missed that. Think fridge still ok cos my parent using it since 2001...

How much did u pay for ur washer?

Hi .. just wanna to get further feedback of Hitachi BW-105JV.

Well ... Interesting to know strong supporter of European brands like Miele.

Been a user of Jap brands for Years ... mom use to have a Hitachi that used like more than 5 to 6 years until we moved house.. it breaks down after a year. Than now a Toshiba Direct Drive Model (Made in Japan).

I do own a Toshiba that cost me 425... breaks down due to electronic after 4 years... but at type of price... and the location it made.. I think I cannot complain much.

Now looking at Top-load again but prefer those with Direct-Drive .. which Only Toshiba and Hitachi has it.

I have a look at Miele . Great brand .. but always found that they are overly priced. Yes Yes .. they can worked for 20 years but ... 3000... I could possible buy at least 3 units of Jap/Korean brand... And with such current crisis ... sometime even it can work for so many years .. the company could have closed down by then or brought over by other coy. Just a another school of tot ...

Initially wanna to get front-load but found majority has small pot-hole except the expensive Hitachi with 600mm pot hole. Else how to squeeze my curtain into the washer to wash?

:)

Haha hope ur hitachi serves u well, n i think harvey norman now has super cheap sales below costs price, so mayb u can check out ur other items over there.

Hmm.. There r always pros n cons for either european front loads or asian top loads.Front loaders take loner time to wash n definitely not supposed to wash king size comforters.However top loaders tend to damage clothes more,but have shorter washing cycle.So to each their preference.For top brands like miele,u really have to look at their history to c y they r so highly sought after, n reliability issues. They r a family company since 1899, unlike conglomerates like samsung/lg/hitachi. They r the only company that never borrow money from any banks to sustain their expansion. So to say they will be bought over,is as likely s warren buffett will go bankrupy.There r many like minded ppl like me who is blinded by loyalty over this brand because, they never compromise on the quality,although more expensive, they r likely to save u money over the long term.These have been proven through the annual readers digest report that rates them the best brand for home appliances. Scroll through the web,u will see y users around the world will only swear by mieles.Its in time like these that u need a quality durable product that lasts, rather than cheap products that u change every 2-3 yrs.In fact i have friends who think that changing home appliances every 3 yrs is the norm, because nothing lasts for more than that these days, so they gotten used to the idea.N that is exactly the reason y ppl scoff at, or doubt that amiele lasts 20yrs, because they haven used anything for that long before...

Haha.lastly, im not saying other brands not good, just that there is a reason y miele is so expensive. Its the piece of mind u get after buying their product.thats y..So hope there is no brickbats from others here in this forum..

Hi all,

I am considering between the below 2 brands/models.. Anyone use one of these and any gd/bad reviews? :)

Hitachi - SF70JJZ

7.0kg Automatic Washing Machine with Air Jet Dry and Nano Titanium Air Jet Filter

Toshiba - AW-8970SS

7.5KG

thanks!!

I'm gg to ask a silly question.

Wats the correct size to buy for a family of 4? :bow:

I have ordered a 6.5kg LG w/m, which is not delivered yet.

However, I was told that in order to wash a queen-sized quilt, I need at least a 8kg w/m. Is tat true? :dunno:

I was told to even buy 10Kg but currently my MIL uses 7kg for a family of 6 adults and 2 kids oso like tat. Hence chose tat 6.5kg w/m (Currently we dun have comforters or quilt to wash - BUT for new house have :bangwall: )

Seriously need advice. Thanks! :)

I'm gg to ask a silly question.

Wats the correct size to buy for a family of 4? :bow:

I have ordered a 6.5kg LG w/m, which is not delivered yet.

However, I was told that in order to wash a queen-sized quilt, I need at least a 8kg w/m. Is tat true? :dunno:

I was told to even buy 10Kg but currently my MIL uses 7kg for a family of 6 adults and 2 kids oso like tat. Hence chose tat 6.5kg w/m (Currently we dun have comforters or quilt to wash - BUT for new house have :bangwall: )

Seriously need advice. Thanks! :)

yes it is true, u'll need at least 8kg washer for queen size quilts n bedsheets and curtains. i am getting a 10kg one for my king size bedsheets/quilts/mattress protector/curtains jus in case. dun wanna overload it

Edited by ashes02

Hmm, my washer is 7.5kg.

But I squeeze in a Queen size fitted sheet, a quilt cover and 4 pillow cases all at the same time.

Ermmm, have I overload my washer? :o

Hmm, my washer is 7.5kg.

But I squeeze in a Queen size fitted sheet, a quilt cover and 4 pillow cases all at the same time.

i think its at its max already hehe! do u hv to squeeze them all in or still hv some space?

Edited by ashes02

In order not to overload a 7kg to 8kg washer, the best is not to include the comforter when washing ur bed sheet? thats my totz..

Anyway I got an eletrOlux 7kg washer! Yiipee!!

i think its at its max already hehe! do u hv to squeeze them all in or still some space?

It was just nice, can squeeze in another few pieces of clothes, but I didn't want to risk it. :D

There was once it off-centre or something, unbalanced load. It stopped itself and the door cannot be opened.

My mother was kancheong that time, gave me a call to tell me that. hehehe.

yes it is true, u'll need at least 8kg washer for queen size quilts n bedsheets and curtains. i am getting a 10kg one for my king size bedsheets/quilts/mattress protector/curtains jus in case. dun wanna overload it

oh dear, so i have to call my agent and changed to a bigger W/M then. Haiz

I thot I got cheap bargain cos I onli got it for $259. :P

I read tat the con for big w/m is tat there is a minimum load, so can't wash small quantity of clothes.

But ur point tat we shouldn't over load the w/m oso true. Will reduce the lifespan of the machine.

Another qn: :P

Is it really more wasteful to wash 2 loads of clothes in a small w/m as compared to 1 load in a big w/m.

In the sense of electricity and water consmption.

Hmm, my washer is 7.5kg.

LOL Lawry, I was expecting you to get the LG 6.5kg too!

Wats the brand of ur washer? If oso LG, then I'll get 7.5kg too cos realize my w/m base too small for bigger w/m. Haiz.

Mis-calculation on my side. :bangwall:

It was just nice, can squeeze in another few pieces of clothes, but I didn't want to risk it. :D

There was once it off-centre or something, unbalanced load. It stopped itself and the door cannot be opened.

My mother was kancheong that time, gave me a call to tell me that. hehehe.

are you using a top load or front?

I'm contemplating between this 2... :unsure:

LOL Lawry, I was expecting you to get the LG 6.5kg too!

Wats the brand of ur washer? If oso LG, then I'll get 7.5kg too cos realize my w/m base too small for bigger w/m. Haiz.

Mis-calculation on my side. :bangwall:

Hah, I got depth limit to consider also because of that stupid base.

LG 7.5 got shorter depth than other brands. I've checked. :P

Most brands are 600mm, LG is 550mm only.

Mine is that silver LG inverter model, got it at a very good price at harvey norman, almost $300 discount.