Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Dotty

Brand Of Ur Washer

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

decided to go for top load panasonic lol! cheap cheap.....$400+ now need to finalize the fridge selection then can go cheong all the abengz shops for good price liao!

I've decided on a Samsung..

But it cost $549+$30 delivery at HN (But with 1+4 extended warranty)

Another one of those "agent shops" offered $498 free delivery (But only 1 year warranty)..

Is the warranty that important for washing machine? Does it break down on the 2nd year onwards? Any advice?

dun get conned by those funny "branded" shops lah. the "extended" warranty is only from them, kind of insurance thingy. the moment they close shop, your warranty become blank paper liao hehe....

get ONLY distributor/manufacturer warranty.

but heck, where got people get such warranty for washing machine one? they are just trying to upsale you buying more papers only......yes, I call "insurance" paper......

Hi, anyone here used a sharp washer b4?

hi, juz like to share with you guz. i hv a sharp washing machine for 5 years already. its not like those continental type, not really expensive and not really quiet type of washing machine but it performs its job very well.

5 years ago, 5-6.5kg are common in stores, anything above that is not carry by most of the stores.

my sharp bin is those holeless type. reason why i buy this is from advice by experience auntie who is a director and manage housework and a family of 7 all by herself without maid. so she has normal clothes and those expensive office wears and dinner dresses.

she tried those front load, top load, continental and japanese brands before. and her advice is that the holeless tub save her clothes, jackets, dresses from damage. damage meaning cotton clothes got tiny chicken pox like cotton balls after brushing it with brush (if you ever do this or have a cotton shirt/skirt, you will understand what i am trying to describe). those tub with holes tend to be abit more rough handling on the clothes.

but this does not mean that the clothes are not wash clean, in fact it washes clean of stains also.

and also things like blankets, curtains etc. it takes care of them well enough.

for me, that is sufficient enough.

but the cons is that it does not hv the warm water feature.

but of coz if you guz do hv bigger budget, you can buy the more complicated type of washing machine.

my is the sharp double pulsator, ES-S800 which i bought 5 years ago.

you throw all laundry in, juz press the start button, it auto weigh your load and signal to you how much washing powder you need to put and then after you close the lid, it start to wash, rinse and spin dry. its not that quiet but it does do the job in a neat way. you can also manually select what you like it to do, eg. only rinse, or spin etc.

and when it finishes, it sounds a low volume musical alarm to alert you.

if i remmeber, it cost around S$550 - S$650 range. i can't remember to exact cost. but its not those large 7kg type lor, so if you hv alot of laundry, you may have to separate the load.

i duno whats the price now coz after buy this washing machine, i din look at any others anymore.

so far, for all these years, no breakdown, no servicing, juz once awhile where i fill it up with water and dettol to clean the tub coz i throw floor rugs to wash also... hee hee...

many ppl say those front load with glass type are gd and also cleans better, got warm water to kill germs etc. but there are many feedbacks that these type ususally hv water leakge problm. i duno how true coz never use b4.

maybe you guz like to go to this thread to see all the washing machine discussions.

http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/...html?1189788323

hope the above helps :)

dun get conned by those funny "branded" shops lah. the "extended" warranty is only from them, kind of insurance thingy. the moment they close shop, your warranty become blank paper liao hehe....

but heck, where got people get such warranty for washing machine one? they are just trying to upsale you buying more papers only......yes, I call "insurance" paper......

tingshen, u r rite. whenever there is problm with any electrical goods, its best to get the manufacturer to come and do servicing or repairs. 1stly, the technicians know what went wrong with their products, their usual faults or problms. 2ndly, they are trained specifically to service/repair that brand of products. 3rdly, they got the necessary equipments to do the job.

leen, thanks for the long explanation, but hey! you're changing my mind now lol!

U know what? the holeless tube seems to be an exclusive "invention" from Sharp. I can't seem to find such thing in other washer......

No more warm water needed!:) now is the era of Ag+ :)!:thumbs up: with the nano technology available, it makes almost everything very cheap to produce! Silver ion is used in many brands, especially the Korean and Japanese brand as it's supposed to kill bacteria and prevent them from growing, so in a way, you save electricity lor.

I'm going to review the washer purchase again!:notti: But Sharp is not a very popular brand. Actually I kinda of regretting for not going for its aircon, the Envio negative ion seems not as superior as Sharp plasmacluster.....

Haha, if it's electronics like digi cameras with extended warranty, I will make sure it "dies" before the warranty matures...

Another question, I think my base for the washing machine might be too small ... 600 X 600 EXACT, there's no allowance.

Dimensions ((W×D×H)

Net 596 x 550 x 850

Gross 673 x 662 x 890

For example, if the washing machine is this size, will it be able to fit? Does the net size refer to the WM itself?

I need to blast something ....

There's this particular shop which I usually buy from, I just need to make a call, ask about the price, and C.O.D. next. This time round, the usual guy whom I usually order from wasn't around, so I enquired from another guy instead.

After getting the model, price and confirmation, I was told to go down to make a deposit before they can send the item over. I said, I used to just order over the phone, and COD. The guy said there were a few cases of people ordering items and then rejecting them when delivery for whatsoever reasons. So it's safer to make a deposit first.

That makes sense, but if it's my usual guy, he would have sent it over already since I ordered quite a few items from him before. So I said ok, when I'm free, I will go down and make the deposit. And the guy said he will do the "reservation" for me..

With the impression that nothing is confirmed since I haven't gone down to pay the deposit, I am free to shop around for more options and I got some new ideas. After some discussion at home, we decided to get another brand altogether. I promptly called up that shop to inform the same guy that I would want to cancel the previous enquiry/reservation, there's a change of brand/model. To my surprise, he insisted that the order has already been processed and I can't cancel it!!!

On one hand, he said a deposit must be paid to secure the order, the next moment he said he ordered the thing for me already??? I would assumed that the deal is incomplete without a deposit ...

What should I do now? :(

leen, thanks for the long explanation, but hey! you're changing my mind now lol!

U know what? the holeless tube seems to be an exclusive "invention" from Sharp. I can't seem to find such thing in other washer......

No more warm water needed!:( now is the era of Ag+ :lol:!:) with the nano technology available, it makes almost everything very cheap to produce! Silver ion is used in many brands, especially the Korean and Japanese brand as it's supposed to kill bacteria and prevent them from growing, so in a way, you save electricity lor.

I'm going to review the washer purchase again!!! But Sharp is not a very popular brand. Actually I kinda of regretting for not going for its aircon, the Envio negative ion seems not as superior as Sharp plasmacluster.....

hi tingshen, u r welcome. im juz sharing my experience with my washing machine only coz 5yrs ago, i juz gotten married and moved hse so dun hv alot of spare $$ so everything must budget and at that time such washing machine not expensive.

after i buy and use, 1 fine day one of my colig asked me wat i used and i told her, u know wat she says? "Haiyo! hw cum you buy this type of washing machine?? No warm water function cannot kill bacteria and germs leh... mine cost me S$1k++, blah blah blah... " den after that she say its high electicity and water consumption!!

wat can i say? :dunno:8|8| !! :notti::D:D hee hee... im that kind of person who will juz laf away coz wat suits you may not be wat i like. and i like to ask those aunties who do alot of hsewk on wat r their experiences when i want to buy hsehold items. they r ususally quite rite abt alot of things.

juz hope that it help you in your selection of washing machine and happy hunting ya :yamseng:

Haha, if it's electronics like digi cameras with extended warranty, I will make sure it "dies" before the warranty matures...

Another question, I think my base for the washing machine might be too small ... 600 X 600 EXACT, there's no allowance.

Dimensions ((W×D×H)

Net 596 x 550 x 850

Gross 673 x 662 x 890

For example, if the washing machine is this size, will it be able to fit? Does the net size refer to the WM itself?

hi lawry, measure the washing machine physically. try to go to those shopping centres where they display the washing machine that you want, den measure it. get a tailor measuring tape if you find troublesome to take those pulling metal tape coz its kinda bulky. or better still, get those paper tape from ikea... its free somemore :D

I need to blast something ....

There's this particular shop which I usually buy from, I just need to make a call, ask about the price, and C.O.D. next. This time round, the usual guy whom I usually order from wasn't around, so I enquired from another guy instead.

After getting the model, price and confirmation, I was told to go down to make a deposit before they can send the item over. I said, I used to just order over the phone, and COD. The guy said there were a few cases of people ordering items and then rejecting them when delivery for whatsoever reasons. So it's safer to make a deposit first.

That makes sense, but if it's my usual guy, he would have sent it over already since I ordered quite a few items from him before. So I said ok, when I'm free, I will go down and make the deposit. And the guy said he will do the "reservation" for me..

With the impression that nothing is confirmed since I haven't gone down to pay the deposit, I am free to shop around for more options and I got some new ideas. After some discussion at home, we decided to get another brand altogether. I promptly called up that shop to inform the same guy that I would want to cancel the previous enquiry/reservation, there's a change of brand/model. To my surprise, he insisted that the order has already been processed and I can't cancel it!!!

On one hand, he said a deposit must be paid to secure the order, the next moment he said he ordered the thing for me already??? I would assumed that the deal is incomplete without a deposit ...

What should I do now? :(

dun need to pay lor, both of you never hv any black and white signed rite? or if you can ask them got the type of brand you want and can change or not lor.

since you know the other guy you regularly buy from, you can try talking to him or tell their boss.

dun pay or sign anything at this stage, if not you probably will hv vy vy bad experience when trying to get back your $. :curse:

always remember, $ is the cause of all problms!!! :jawdrop:

leen, we went down to best denki and the 7.5kg Sharp model cost about $518, it's surprisingly cheap and it comes with the water filter on top of the holeless tub too. My wife was fine and we decided to drop the more expensive panasonic model which doesn't come with Ag+ too.....I'm going to ask around for the cheapest price, if it doesn't make much diff, I would probably take up their 36 months installment hehe....sometimes, cash is not the king :yamseng:

but you know what? when I told my mum I'm going to buy a top load model.....she got a shocked, and asked why I didn't buy electrolux that comes with warm water lah, this and that lor, but the 5kg model we are using at home cost as much as $800!:dunno:! but she said european brand can last very long, 15years and above woh.....i think the old fashion people (they probably never know what is nano and what is Ag+ hehe) would not accept the earth friendly invention hehe.....

lawry, why shall you afraid of such case? there is no binding contract (unless he recorded down the conversation of "ordering") so you have no obligation to buy from him. Let him gaodim himself lah. Even if he recorded down, since you haven't paid anything, you have no obligation to purchase from him too mah. Often we hear people paid deposit liao want to change cannot, but your case really nothing lah, just ignore him lor.

Edited by tingshen

tingshen, they have my address and phone.

Have been ordering from them all these while, a bit paisei to cut them off. But he really got no case since he had given me the impression that the deal can only be confirmed when I paid a deposit. On the other hand, if he accepted my order like before without a deposit, I would really have no case to speak of.

Anyway, my usual guy settled for me. He said small case since no payment done. There were worse instances of delivery all the way up to the house and they still got rejected.

lawry, just curious, why are you getting from them all these while? are their price "unbeatable"?? I need to get my washer and fridge this week menz...

hi ppl, you can try the following places which i have gather from forumers' recommendations and do remember to call them to ask if they have want you want before going to their shops:

1) Dav Electronics

21 Lor Kilat #01-02 Sun Ct Singapore 598123 (next to bukit timah SC)

Tel : 6467 7767

Fax : 6467 7207

2) Kong Tai Electrical Trading

504 Jurong West St 51 #01-221

Tel: 65658924

3) Universal Union

HTTP://www.universalunion.com.sg

710 Geylang Road (next to Lor 44)

Singapore 389625

TEL:

(65) 6749 0007

(65) 6743 3852

FAX:

(65) 6746 8849

EMAIL: sales@universalunion.com.sg

4) Everjoint (ang mo kio)

http://www.everjoint.com.sg

Block 159, Ang Mo Kio Ave 4, #01-534, Singapore 560159.

Tel : 64589569 / 64582531 / 64582578 Fax: 64562335

Email: everjoint@pacific.net.sg

BUSINESS HOURS:

Monday to Saturday - 9 am to 8 pm

Public Holiday - 9 am to 6pm

Close on Sunday

5) GENOVA INDUSTRIES PTE LTD

http://www.genova.com.sg

58 Bendemeer Road

Singapore 339937

Tel : (65) 6299 0222 (5 Lines)

Fax : (65) 6296 4831

Email: genova@singnet.com.sg

6) Poh Joo Hardware

http://www.pohjoo.com/contacts.html

a)Address : 125, Rangoon Road, Singapore 218403

Tel: 6296 7178

Fax: 6295 0771

Operating hours :

Mon - Sat : 8:00 a.m - 6:00 p.m

b) Address :159, Jalan Besar, Singapore 208875.

(Opp. Jalan Berseh Hawker Center)

Tel: 6398 0588

Fax: 6398 1689

Operating hours :

Mon - Sat : 8:30 a.m - 6:00 p.m

c) Address :389/391, Jalan Besar, Singapore 209004.(Opp. Lavender Food Square)

Tel: 6292 3388

Fax: 6299 0690

Operating hours :

Mon - Sat : 8:30 a.m - 6:00 p.m

Sun : 11:00 a.m - 5:00 p.m

7) Goh Ah Bee (kovan city, near kovan mrt)

Blk 210 # 01-247,Hougang Street 21

6288 8611

note: pls call for shop opening hrs. i know they are not open on sunday. this shop has been around for many many years so definitely they are sincere retailers (heard from old uncles).

8) Hoe Kee Hardware

http://www.hoekee.com

no. 8 genting lane - more stock and variety there but its closed on sunday, sat its open till 6pm

a) HEAD OFFICE

No. 8 Genting Road S(349472)

Tel: 6296 6827 Fax: 6296 1911

Closed on Sundays and Public Holidays

(9 AM - 6 PM)

b) New World Centre (Next to Macdonalds)

No. 1 Jalan Berseh #01-07 to #01-11

Tel: 6392 9909

Closed on Tuesdays (10 AM - 7 PM)

c) IMM Building

No. 2 Jurong East St 21 L3-26

Tel: 6563 5088

OPEN DAILY (11 AM - 9 PM)

d) Tanjong Katong Complex

No. 845 Geylang Road #01-38

Tel: 6745 7055

OPEN DAILY (12 PM - 9 PM)

e) Plaza Singapura

No. 68 Orchard Road #04-03A

Tel: 6238 8729

OPEN DAILY (11 AM - 9 PM)

9) BUAN SENG HUAT ELECTRICAL & GAS DEALER

Blk 205, Bedok North St 1, #01-391

6443 8010

10) ETRONIN ELECTROMART

Blk 510, Bedok North Ave 2, #01-51

6444 7325

11) Etronin - TEL: 67842525 or 67817810

12) Ban Kim Chuan - Call lady boss

TEL: 64435298

Location at Bedok South

13) Lucky Store at Transit Road : 64560788

14) Chin Leong & Co at 664 Geylang Rd: 67443053

15) Federal Electronics Pte Ltd

Tel: 62973333

Loc: 217, Jln Besar

hope the above infor helps

pls do continue the list...

btw, leen, do you actually go down 1 by 1 and check of just talk to them over the phone?

I usually check out all the prices at harvey, Best denki and some other places, then they will be my last stop. They would usually match my lowest price if not better.

lawry, are you talking about PohJoo? I got my water heater from them too, just a phone call then they deliver liao. Paid full on delivery. But that time because my neighbour also buy lah, so I lompang them.