Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nickguthe

Brick Wall By The Floor 5Rm Bto @sengkang

But does your ID still charge you for the tiles and manpower after a boo boo job, and charge you for black paint?

Nope. The rectification was all done as part of the job. No extra VO for those. :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Time to give an update about the Fins sink we bought on Taobao. We have yet to move in, so the usage is about 2 days a week, left water spots to dry on their own for the past few visits.

25_Fins2.JPG

25_Fins1.JPG

25_Fins3.JPG

Generally, ok with it. We like the look. Only qualms are little rust marks and the usual dried water stains on stainless steel. But nothing that Cif can't clean away.

Hi Nickguthe, any more review on your sink from TB? I considering buying kitchen sink from TB but super worried about the quality part.

If the sink really rust and have lotsa problem. It will be a huge problem later on as our sink are unmounted. I cannot imagine having to take off the whole table top.

Anyone care to share more on their TB sink?

Hi Nickguthe, any more review on your sink from TB? I considering buying kitchen sink from TB but super worried about the quality part.

If the sink really rust and have lotsa problem. It will be a huge problem later on as our sink are unmounted. I cannot imagine having to take off the whole table top.

Anyone care to share more on their TB sink?

Seems okay, other than the usual scratches on a stainless steel sink shown in these pics taken today. No rust issues. The small rust spots mentioned last time were easily removed by Cif.

. FinsSinkOct14.JPG

FinsSinkOct14_2.JPG

Edited by nickguthe

Nice place & thanks for sharing your taobao loots! Am still thinking of whether should get taps and shower mixers from there..worry about quality but the prices are really attractive!

Nice place & thanks for sharing your taobao loots! Am still thinking of whether should get taps and shower mixers from there..worry about quality but the prices are really attractive!

Generally ok for those that we purchased, other than one of the taps having a slight hairline crack covered in the blog earlier. Water flow and everything else seems fine as well.

We heard from a friend about his TB purchases from well known brands like Kohler, Grohe, American Standard etc. They were not happy with the quality and suspect the products are knock-off. So for us, we look out for popular China brands' official page (旗舰店) that the locals use... Jomoo, Logoo, Paloni etc. Those with lots of good reviews and negligible bad reviews not related to the product itself.

Edited by nickguthe

Thanks! Good to hear that they are ok! The one with the crack is indeed unfortunate..

Have been looking through TB for some time and those so called branded ones at lower prices are probably knock offs. A tell-tale sign is that the same looking taps/shower mixtures are all branded differently (kohler, grohe and even jomoo)!

I actually went to the extent of going to these brands' china website to match the models! Concluded that even some highly priced items by tmall sellers are questionable :fire:

In the end zoom in to Moen taps. Since it's a US brand, they have some reviews on amazon and the fittings are catered to chinese market, so probably won't need converter/adapter like those bought from amazon. Oh well, wish me luck! ;)

Thanks! Good to hear that they are ok! The one with the crack is indeed unfortunate..

Have been looking through TB for some time and those so called branded ones at lower prices are probably knock offs. A tell-tale sign is that the same looking taps/shower mixtures are all branded differently (kohler, grohe and even jomoo)!

I actually went to the extent of going to these brands' china website to match the models! Concluded that even some highly priced items by tmall sellers are questionable :fire:

In the end zoom in to Moen taps. Since it's a US brand, they have some reviews on amazon and the fittings are catered to chinese market, so probably won't need converter/adapter like those bought from amazon. Oh well, wish me luck! ;)

Wow, good point! cross referencing with the brand's website. All the best! Good luck for your purchases!! Knock-offs are fine if they work well and last reasonably long enough. I have heard of some knock-offs for taps and shower sets not producing consistent water flow, rust easily etc.

The other method we use a lot to check if something could be a knock off is right-click > search google for this image. Works especially well for furniture. A lot of product photography were stolen from West Elm, Ethnicraft, Ferm Living etc. And if no one who buys them takes a pic of the actual product, we stay clear of those.

Actually this is a very interesting topic! To all Taobao shoppers, what are the methods you use to evaluate a 宝贝 before you purchase and how has that work for you? :jammin:

Edited by nickguthe

One in the living room and the other one within the study. (Both can be seen in this pic) :)

23_AlumStudy.jpg

Hi,
My ID has suggested a study room layout which is very similar to yours. However, he is charging slightly more than 2k for partitioning the wall alone and it seems expensive to me. Do you mind sharing the cost of building your study room (just the partition and the aluminium frame).
Did you guys also explore building partition without the aluminium frame? Do you have any idea what is the market rate for partition wall?
Thanks

Hi fellow SK neighbors!

Could you share the contractor contact together with the quotation with me?

And also the price for the sofa from hommage.

thanks a bunch!

PM-ed the people above :)

Great blog! Love how you explain and share your items here. I'm getting my keys soon and look forward to start my Reno journey.

Welcome and congrats!!

Nick, did ur ID use tempered glass or normal glass for the aluminium panel?

Should be normal glass. :)

Edited by nickguthe