Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ladytitanium

Taobao Flat Packed Furniture

hi everyone!

how do i find out if a furniture comes flat packed when buying? i'm very interested in buying dining sets and also some side/coffee tables.

are there any recommended sellers on taobao that has flat packed furnitures and also any recommended freight forwarding companies?

my chinese reading skills are like 5/10.. haha.. appreciate your responses!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

The forwarding companies do not pack for you.

But some have foam wrapper for you with additional cost.

Best is to tell the seller to pack better.

Forwarding companies includes chinagoodslog.com and 65daigou (charge by cubic meter/container). Some will also recommend Peeka, but I recommend against it due to higher cost (charge by kg) with similar/slower delivery.

It is best if you shop yourself. I purchased over 10,000 SGD worth of furniture from taobao, and got them good. If you research enough you will see that local furniture stores are basically shipping these and charging you x2 the cost they ship. Similar design are always found in taobao/local stores

Hi, may I know how did your estimate your consolidated packages size for items that you bought from Taobao/Tmall? For example, what if the total volume is 1.2 CM? Will the forwarder charge you for 2 CM (rounding up 0.2 CM to 1 CM)? Thks!

Honestly speaking, i do not recommend you buying any furniture that requires self-resemblance from taobao. I had a bad experience with quite a few of them. This is because many of the self-resemblance furnitures tend to have small parts missing during packaging and transportation. you will really get frustrated towards this issue. However, if you are buying those furnitures that are already resembled, then it should be okay. i give you my personal email, if you are first time buying furniture, I can roughly evaluate the seller for you before you make any purchase!

mayongtao766@hotmail.com

Hi, may I know how did your estimate your consolidated packages size for items that you bought from Taobao/Tmall? For example, what if the total volume is 1.2 CM? Will the forwarder charge you for 2 CM (rounding up 0.2 CM to 1 CM)? Thks!

anything below 1 cubic meter round off to 1. anything larger than that go by actual size.

The forwarding companies do not pack for you.

But some have foam wrapper for you with additional cost.

Best is to tell the seller to pack better.

Forwarding companies includes chinagoodslog.com and 65daigou (charge by cubic meter/container). Some will also recommend Peeka, but I recommend against it due to higher cost (charge by kg) with similar/slower delivery.

It is best if you shop yourself. I purchased over 10,000 SGD worth of furniture from taobao, and got them good. If you research enough you will see that local furniture stores are basically shipping these and charging you x2 the cost they ship. Similar design are always found in taobao/local stores

Peeka charge by volumetric weight which is recommended for buying bulky stuff, if u choose economy delivery

Express delivery is by air which is chargeable by weight

Edited by tanweiw

I have bought bulky items from taobao, such as 1.8m dining table with tempered glass top and wooden legs that comes with 6 chairs, 1.3m coffee table and 2.4m tv console of the same material and design.

Easy assemble on my part screwing the legs to the preassembled table tops & metal chair legs to the chair backrest. And items came in good with no major defects (i would expect small minor scratched and such which was mininal, and glue smudges exist in minimal qty). No damage/cracks to the glass tops.

Other than furniture, we bought numerous lighting for our kitchen, WIR , balcony etc and other misc stuffs like swivel tv arms and bean bag.

Tempered glass table tops and lightings are fragile items, do remind your seller(s) to "加强保护"as you need to ship overseas, to add extra protection . You may ask them on this service by 旺旺 chat before purchasing to avoid disputes later. They will pack the items in wooden crates, and normally no extra cost, except for one of my lighting sellers which need to add RMB 20 (ard SGD4-5) for 2 lightings, which was informed before my purchase. Wooden crates were hard to dismantle at the later stage as realised but it was all worth it.

@strawberry123, my husband and i went furniture shopping to many furniture shops before we decide on taobao, reason was we saw many shops selling the same exact furnitures designs we saw on taobao, and prices are easily double/triple than those on taobao, as mentioned by @shangyang earlier.

Imagine my above 3 large furnitures cost ard SGD1k, and sea freight cost inclusive of GST cost ard SGD420 for all items.

We would not be able to get the same stuff in Singapore at the same price. And delivery is fast too, by taobao sellers and by my freight forwarder Amcon alike.

Guest AL Mamun

You can Buy anything from taobao. The trustfull taobao agent is rorbuy.com. I can assure you about their services I have recently bought a bags from taobao and shiped it my countries with rorbuy. Their service charge is also low.

you can try this out: http://www.rorbuy.com

Hi Everyone,

I am looking to purchase several furniture from Taobao and I have been reading good reviews so far from fellow reno-talkers.

Want to seek everyone's advice on buying the following items throgh Amcon Express, cause as I understand from here bulky items are more worth buying through Amcon Express.

http://item.taobao.c..._u=o25irkr3ffc5

http://detail.tmall...._u=o25irkr3f822

http://item.taobao.c..._u=o25irkr371e4

Much appreciate all the advice from the experienced tao-baoers. :)