Our Reno Journey

Kitchen

the hole is for our bosch oven..

2qcntlj.jpg

30jlooy.jpg

zsloup.jpg

'Open' concept dish rack

ot2e0x.jpg

the cabinet above our fridge.. a little bit too low for our liking..its about 1.85m

the height is ok for the LG fridge we intend to buy.. but may have problem later on when we upgrade...

should have ask them to do a it higher...

5nmd7m.jpg

Hob

2ypdk5l.jpg

found a few defects in the short time we are there... need to ask them to touch up......

overall worksmanship seems not bad...

Edited by Raydon

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Common toilet

5jzfqc.jpg

347i8o5.jpg

MBR toilet

2rgj67k.jpg

207axyt.jpg

initially, we wanted white solid surface for our vanity top.. but thought it will look too blend (everything and everywhere white!!)..

so we told our contractor then we may want a change of colour... any suggestions? haha

ok... i shall stop spamming photos.. have a nice long weekend everyone!

Common toilet

5jzfqc.jpg

347i8o5.jpg

MBR toilet

2rgj67k.jpg

207axyt.jpg

initially, we wanted white solid surface for our vanity top.. but thought it will look too blend (everything and everywhere white!!)..

so we told our contractor then we may want a change of colour... any suggestions? haha

ok... i shall stop spamming photos.. have a nice long weekend everyone!

Kompacplus. . Goodssssss :)

Hey how big a space did u leave for your fridge since yours is beside a wall? My fridge measure 70cm but becos of the handle... When it opens I think it extended to 80 cm at least. I could not really measure that... Contractor is leaving a 85cm space... I am wondering if it will be too small

Hi PTopaz,

they nail/paste the frame on top of the normal flat door. the middle part is laminate while the frame is paint.

disadvantage to this is that there is a chance the while paint will turn yellow. also, need to clean it frequently if not it will turn 'sticky'

there is another method using laminate but i think its more expensive to do it due to wastage.

a more detailed write up here... thanks to rubypumps..

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/65097-modern-country-at-punggol/?p=855591

decide to take the risk and hope for the best because of budget.. haha...

its about 125psf.. it is also one of the reason i took this contractor.. cheapest among the quotes i got...

actually i like the Kompacplus.. esp the wood colour.. i think will look really well on these cabinets..

but i didnt know how resistant it is to scratches and heat.. so i took iquartz instead..

i guess should be no issue for toilet top... hahaha..

Hey... what method did u employed to get the "frame" design at the perimeter of ur cabinet doors? How much more costlier is it compared to normal laminated cabinets?
Thanx

Kompacplus. . Goodssssss :)

hmm.. now that u remind me.. i actually took note of this before my renovation..

but i forgot about this eventually.. now it looks like i may not have enough width to open the door fully..

hahahaha.. thats a problem..

Hey how big a space did u leave for your fridge since yours is beside a wall? My fridge measure 70cm but becos of the handle... When it opens I think it extended to 80 cm at least. I could not really measure that... Contractor is leaving a 85cm space... I am wondering if it will be too small

The wardrobe will look perfect if the door flushes all the way to the top, bottom, left and right, just like how Ikea pax wardrobe are...

Not sure if it's something that carpenter can achieve ...

Yeap, you are right. The door really makes a difference.

It can be done, i have seen my neighbours wardrobe and they are done like that. Wanted to show you the photos but it's not good to steal other's photo. Haha

Sadly, my contractor said it will be additional cost, so we decide to save the $$

The wardrobe will look perfect if the door flushes all the way to the top, bottom, left and right, just like how Ikea pax wardrobe are...

Not sure if it's something that carpenter can achieve ...

I don't have the catalogue with me.. But i know is dulux paint for this blue. Will ask my contractor and let you know...

May I know what is the colour code for the light blue u choose (wall paint) for living room?

Yeap, you are right. The door really makes a difference.

It can be done, i have seen my neighbours wardrobe and they are done like that. Wanted to show you the photos but it's not good to steal other's photo. Haha

Sadly, my contractor said it will be additional cost, so we decide to save the $$

Really? Cool!! Good to know that it can be done... not sure how much additional are we talking abt....additional $30- $40 pfr?

Regarding to your MBR wardrobe access to aircon ledge,

I see, was thinking what can I do to access that area easier... maybe a quick release ledge or sth.