Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Raydon

Our Reno Journey

the white laminate i choose is matt/rough finishing.. i jus read that it is more prone to turning yellow compare to glossy finish..

is that true?

I think the main concern will be the interior of the carpentry that will turn yellowish and not should much of the exterior laminate.

Exterior laminate are expose to moving air hence not such a big issue.

My previous carpentry are all having white PVC interior and seems like a magnet for mould growth.

You need constant airing and cleaning, else put those "thirsty hippo" may help to keep dry.

Edited by OceanEleven

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

my contractor quoted me $300+ per wardrobe for the top hung tracks.. i believe it should not cost so much..

maybe he has not done this before.. so he got no lobang for these kind of tracks..

Really? Cool!! Good to know that it can be done... not sure how much additional are we talking abt....additional $30- $40 pfr?

maybe instead of screw, can use something that is more 'removable'

Regarding to your MBR wardrobe access to aircon ledge,

I see, was thinking what can I do to access that area easier... maybe a quick release ledge or sth.

ah.. thats good to know.. for the exterior at least...

will take note of the maintenance part for the interior.. thanks!

I think the main concern will be the interior of the carpentry that will turn yellowish and not should much of the exterior laminate.

Exterior laminate are expose to moving air hence not such a big issue.

My previous carpentry are all having white PVC interior and seems like a magnet for mould growth.

You need constant airing and cleaning, else put those "thirsty hippo" may help to keep dry.

another question -

i noticed that there is this black portion between the edges of two laminates.

i understand that it is due to the laminates used (unless we use solid core which is more expensive)

however, i believe using ABS finish can remove this black portion?

my internal laminates are not done up with ABS finish but i guess that's alright cause doors are close most of the time.

but for my kitchen door, i thought it should be done with ABS finish as it is quite visible..

any thoughts?

qrzuc5.jpg

another question -

i noticed that there is this black portion between the edges of two laminates.

i understand that it is due to the laminates used (unless we use solid core which is more expensive)

however, i believe using ABS finish can remove this black portion?

my internal laminates are not done up with ABS finish but i guess that's alright cause doors are close most of the time.

but for my kitchen door, i thought it should be done with ABS finish as it is quite visible..

any thoughts?

As you mentioned, it is the joint of 2 laminates that will have this black line.

I had check mine, mine are using internal coloured PC with ABS trimming on all doors.

No black lines visible.

Appreciate that you still help me to check at this hour. Thanks!

All my wardrobe, kitchen and shoe cabinets doors are ok.. They come with ABS trimming. But my kitchen door and the frame does not. Also some parts of the carpentry that is exposed (like my dish rack area). The lines are quite visible. Does give this cheapo feeling. just wonder is this a norm because i used white laminates or they should all come with ABS trimming?

As you mentioned, it is the joint of 2 laminates that will have this black line.

I had check mine, mine are using internal coloured PC with ABS trimming on all doors.

No black lines visible.

Edited by Raydon

All my wardrobe, kitchen and shoe cabinets doors are ok.. They come with ABS trimming. But my kitchen door and the frame does not. Also some parts of the carpentry that is exposed (like my dish rack area). The lines are quite visible. Does give this cheapo feeling. just wonder is this a norm because i used white laminates or they should all come with ABS trimming?

Guess ABS are meant mainly for doors only. White laminates tends to amplify the dark joint line and this is the norm.

Mine are with coloured PVC have no such issues.

Ah... Understood.. Thanks for the explanation!

Guess ABS are meant mainly for doors only. White laminates tends to amplify the dark joint line and this is the norm.

Mine are with coloured PVC have no such issues.

Hi, ICI Dulux 21741

May I know what is the colour code for the light blue u choose (wall paint) for living room?

Hi JohnB, thanks. maybe u can do it too.. but with those top hung sliding tracks.. to make it more complete. :)

How nice! I especially like the handles.

Hi Kooning,

here you go.. :thumbs up:

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.9.64.M6mObC&id=20153153850&_u=l1umporm9e82

Hi Thunder,

I used Oops.. they charge CNY50 per 0.1cbm. However, the min is 1cbm, which means the min you have to pay is CNY500.

So, best to get as many items as possible.

The service is not bad.. but i feel the shipping is a little bit slow. maybe because they only have 2 shipment per week.

As they are facing some issues with the insurance companies, you will not be unable to get insurance to cover your stuffs. Insurance is optional btw.

They are also unable to provide you the up-to-date cbm of your goods until you are ready to ship. so you have to estimate if your stuff is near or already more than the min 1cbm.

the other popular one is Amcon - which i believe most renotalk-ers are using?

its a little bit more expensive. have not personally used it but i believe the shipping should be faster as they have 4 shipment per week.

Maybe others can share more on this forwarder.

I chose oops because everything can be done online, no need to call etc.

If i need to ship many items again, there is a high chance i will use them again.

hope this help. cheers~

Awesome thanks for sharing! Im using oops and hope things go smoothly!

iQuartz table top, handles, hood and oven installed

11sm4uf.jpg

52m2c.jpg

the cabinet below the hob

30v1w76.jpg

my sink.. hmm.. looks so small after the table top installed..

at first was worried that there isn't enough working space between the sink and the hob...

we over estimate and now really regret not getting the bigger sellena sink..

looks like we will have issue cleaning bigger size cooking utensils :(

2i03r4p.jpg

the other side

1oakia.jpg

Edited by Raydon

some other random stuffs...

'Cove' lights for my toilets.. its a white elephant tbh.. not bright enough.. haha...

9ut9pw.jpg

1531thu.jpg

and lastly.. our basin mirror from IKEA.. took us quite sometime to set this up..

70ypgm.jpg

Edited by Raydon

• Like 1

No prob! i believe some can even do it at no additional cost.. you can try that.. hahaha

hey Raydon, thanks for the info...i will remember the term top hung sliding tracks... i will press my contractor give that to me at a lower price.. :P

Paul is very helpful.. everything will be fine.. jus that things might take some time to reach.. :lol:

Awesome thanks for sharing! Im using oops and hope things go smoothly!

anyway, a little update regarding the black lines issue between the laminates.

it looks like my contractor has managed to cover up those line that are exposed..

dont know what they used.. paint or silicon maybe?

there is also a minor flaw for the kitchen door i used..

due to its light weight.. the door will close by itself when the wind blow from my service yard..

mentioned this to my contractor and he said this is why he recommended us to use glass door instead...

however, having said that, he will ask his workers to think of a way to prevent it from closing by itself..

lets see what they can come up with.. hope its not something too ugly..

I think u have a very very good contractor. .. 98.69% (hehe)of the other contractors will tell u that "it's like that one" for the black joint Lines... which is in a way true... at least ur contractor have the pride and bothered to do something for u... kudos to him!