Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Saru

5 Room Anchorvale Isles Renovation Journey

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Verdict:

Peeka - Not worth it as the wait is long (2 - 3 weeks) and paying premium means nothing without tracking. Will try oops/amcon other companies next time. They count by weight and there is min. charge if you ship light items as well. Standard robot answers to queries as parcel cannot be tracked so they can only tell you arrival within 14 days. When 14 days have passed, they just say next week. Then suddenly someone calls you to say he's on his way to deliver to your door..........

TB lights: 一分钱一分货. Not saying the lights are terrible but the make and quality would be an obvious -20% from the ones we see in local shops. But the low price more than makes up for it. That aside, be expected to find missing screws, or screws but no hole to screw in (they forgot). But some DIY spirit, FYOS (find your own screws), drills, super glue, ought to do it. And no one can tell the difference or see the slightly rusted parts at a distance! The only light we really love (in good quality) was the replica Secto Octo Pendant light. Because the originals are just too big - better to go with a cuter, smaller replica from TB and switch the cheap bulb given, to a nice LED.!

TB chairs: Pretty impressed for the price we paid! Same chairs another renotalker got - sits comfortably, matches our stylo milo baby high chair in the same design (Age Hi-Lo chair)

Good buy - Esky Ice Cooler Box

BBQ - outings - A must have. It's not cheap though and it is BULKY to ship but the quality of this item thrills me. I only see Coleman selling here but this is much better and the freebies - ice packs and stuff are good quality and can be used for other purposes too - e.g. cooling down a stroller by putting ice pack underneath padding.

City Gas MA-1210FER review (part 1)

MA_12_FER_with_remote.jpg

Tested it and very pleased with the results. Glad we listened to a fellow neighbour to buy this higher end model......especially since it's just $100 more and that WE HAVE A BATHTUB for the bath fill function. Got $50 petrol voucher (promotion over by now) and $20 NTUC voucher too!

It took 13 seconds to feel some heat from the water and 16-18 seconds to get to the correct 40 degrees temperature I wanted. Water pressure awesome! This is the same for all taps (good feature for gas heaters - No need for multiple heaters - 1 heater warms everything up!)

This is vs. instant heaters I have been using ---- 4 seconds to feel some heat and 11 seconds to get to desired temperature. Water pressure blah...

and storage heater bills are much higher I can guarantee that.

Coupled with the fact we can control or disable temperature digitally with a remote in the bathrooms - WOW!

No pictures as it's a big mess sorting out the renovation in a rush for move-in next Wednesday.

Hope all goes well!

Finally moved in! Only 75% done but here comes the fun part of personalizing the house!

A lot of placeholders for now - no dining table etc but bit by bit the right furniture and paintings/posters will come in!

Thanks to everyone on the forum who have given me advice, technical expertise and contacts! Saved me $ and headaches!

Would definitely give back as well to any who ask.

IMG_1379a.jpg

IMG_1383a.jpg
IMG_1385a.jpg
IMG_1390a.jpg
IMG_1396a.jpg

Hi Saru,

My contractor told me that he is unable to hack the beam at the service yard. Able to pass me the contact of your PE?

Did the PE lias with HDB for the approval or your ID? Was there any documentation that you have?

Hope you can help. Nice hse btw :) I'm from 333A

Thanks

Pea

Hi Neighbour

I first called this guy 67421822
Engineer registraion no. 2987

Boey Choong Fatt Field of Engineering CIVIL Emploer Cse consultants company address 118 Lorong 23 (of Sims Ave) #SCN Industrial Building S388402

$300-$400.

Then when i dug further if engineer required on site they will charge about $500-$600.

Eventually settled with my ID to have her PE do it for us for $500, which will be on-site. Onsite is required just in case HDB check. If not, you can get by rubber stamping with PE signature. Pester your contractor to find PE for you

Moral of the story is for our kids to be PE or lawyer - one signature = $200-$300 :P

Hope this helps.

Good lobang on the uni-arm holder. Can PM me his contact and the cost too?

I used Oops. It took less than 14 days from the payment to the date all goods (consolidated in Guangzhou warehouse) been delivered to my door step. Nothing to complain about the online DIY-shipment system, but their email response was rather slow. You don't get response by sending sms to the local contact either. I have used Daigou65 before, but it's quite inconvenient in term of collection because you will need to match their delivery time at one of their allocated locations that you have chosen.

Good lobang on the uni-arm holder. Can PM me his contact and the cost? The original one from HDB doesn't have locking mechanism to hold the door at 90deg, which is rather inconvenient when you are moving in many items alone. Thx

Hi Saru,

How long will hdb take to approve the permit?

Hi Neighbour

I first called this guy 67421822
Engineer registraion no. 2987

Boey Choong Fatt Field of Engineering CIVIL Emploer Cse consultants company address 118 Lorong 23 (of Sims Ave) #SCN Industrial Building S388402

$300-$400.

Then when i dug further if engineer required on site they will charge about $500-$600.

Eventually settled with my ID to have her PE do it for us for $500, which will be on-site. Onsite is required just in case HDB check. If not, you can get by rubber stamping with PE signature. Pester your contractor to find PE for you

Moral of the story is for our kids to be PE or lawyer - one signature = $200-$300 :P

Hope this helps.

Sorry for the late reply - for uniarm you can call Kelvin at 90669065 for him to come over to fix it up - only about $68-70! Haven't been reading renotalk ever since my renovation is 100% done!

A very good deal for that uniarm stopper vs. what's out there i believe. One of the best things I invested in thanks to my neighbour in Anchorvale Harvest who introduced me